Status: finished

You're Just Too Good to Be True

Eight

Waking the next morning Megan eased herself out of Rupert’s massive bed. Leaving the red headed man to sleep Megan slipped on his button up shirt and left the bedroom. Her man made curls had been replaced with blonde waves from sleeping and her makeup mostly vanished.

Inspecting Rupert’s flat more closely Megan realized how much they really did have in common. She saw a PS3 sprawled out on the coffee table with some of the best of Will Ferrell Jumbled on top. This could end in marriage if he likes Ferrell as much as me Megan chuckled at the thought.

Entering the room where Megan stood Rupert pouted his lip. “You left me all alone in there” he mumbled playfully.

“You’re too cute to wake” Megan smiled back at him.

In nothing but Boxers Rupert looked to incredibly sexy for his own good Megan thought. His manly chest was calling for Megan’s cheek, to snuggle and embrace Rupert’s warm light skin, and so she did.

“You’re too good to me” Megan said thinking about how she was being unfair to Rupert. Meyers was still in the back of her head, try as she might to make him go away.

“You deserve it” Rupert smiled kissing at Megan’s forehead. “I’m free this morning, let’s get some breakfast shall we?”

“That sounds good actually” Megan replied realizing her stomach was growling.

They selected a small café around the street corner from Rupert’s apartment. He had been there a couple times before and assured Megan it was a great place to go. Megan had slipped on whatever would fit her of Rupert’s clothing and tied her hair up. She was in an uncaring I have a boyfriend mood.

Sipping on coffee and nibbling at their meals the two talked all morning finding more they had in common. It made Megan love Rupert all the more. Things were finally looking up. Megan was in a bliss she didn’t want to come out of.

Finishing their breakfast Rupert sighed. “I have to leave your beautiful face again, celebrity life is so time consuming” he laughed.

“Oh that’s quite okay, she has me to keep her company!” said a familiar voice quite loudly.

The two looked over to see Mandy walking their way, her dirty blonde curls swinging back and forth. She was wearing a WWNPHD? T-shirt and baby fat jeans to fit her quite large rump. Mandy always did prefer casual comfy clothes to anything else.

Mandy was just about to speak before Rupert chuckled. “Nice shirt, I love Neil Patrick Harris!”

Both girls’ eyes almost popped out of their heads. Mandy and Megan both treated NPH as nothing but godly.

“You like Neil!? Oh Megan he’s a keeper” Mandy chuckled.

Megan laughed. “Yes, yes he is” she replied.

“Well you two probably want some girl time alone” Rupert said jokingly rolling his eyes. “I’m off anyway, don’t want to be late.” Saying his goodbyes Rupert left the café.

“Good were alone at last! Got any gossip for me?” Mandy said before motioning for a waitress.

“Well Rupert brought me out to a very lavish restaurant, and then he gave me dessert later on” Megan said snickering.

“Fuck, I just asked for that didn’t I?” Mandy said slightly grossed out. Ordering food and coffee she then went on. “Anything else I should know about?” Mandy chimed.

Megan thought about Meyers. That was something to talk about, but Mandy would just be pissed. She couldn’t hold it in though.

“Meyers came to my house last night; I don’t even know how he figured out where I lived.” Megan said hesitantly.

Mandy almost spit out her freshly given coffee. Rage began to build up behind her green eyes.

“I’ll destroy him” she grunted.

“Look, I told him to leave. I told him I was in a relationship. I figure you’re right I should see where this goes with Rupert” Megan exclaimed.

Mandy’s eyes brightened with joy. “GOOOOOOOOOOOD!” she chimed. “Plus I was never mad at you. I’m just mad Meyers keeps meddling with you. He needs to fuck off.”

Megan chuckled. “I’ll make sure to yell at you when you’re in the middle of making out with Jeff Bridges you bitch” Megan knew how much Mandy fancied the actor.

“Whatever, I said sorry about that” Mandy snorted. Finishing her breakfast Mandy ended with “Anyways I have to be somewhere, I just happen to see you in here and wanted to get the update. Wanna ride home?”

The entire car ride to her apartment Megan wanted dearly to tell Mandy that she was also to meet Meyers tonight, but she knew it would be a bad idea so she said nothing.

Leaving Mandy’s car she waved goodbye before entering her apartment building. Stripping down for a shower Megan stood in the blistering hot water pondering on what she should do.

I have to go tonight, to at least tell Meyers nothing is going to happen between us Megan thought. If I don’t he could end up in my doorway again.

Why was it still so hard for her to get those sultry lips out of her head? That smooth Irish accent always topped the British one that came out of Rupert. Meyers’s bright blue eyes stared back at Megan every time she closed her eyes.

Was it the chase? She hadn’t completely gotten Meyers like she had Rupert, was that the urge that kept her mind on Jonathan Rhys Meyers? Or the sheer fact she was slightly more attracted to the older man than Rupert?

Megan knew it wasn’t fair to Rupert, and she didn’t mean to have these feelings, but she was only human after all.

It has to end tonight, if I go to the club and talk to him my mind could finally be at rest at least Megan decided.
♠ ♠ ♠
Will she have the strong will to say no to lizard boy? Who knows!