If I Love You, Why Do I Keep Getting Hurt?

for good

Gerard’s P.O.V

I feel terrible about this. Everything that happens to Frankie seems to be something to do with me. I love my mum, she knows just how to sort everything out and she’s taking us over to Frank’s house to collect his things. The spare room will become Frank’s room in a few short hours. My boyfriend will be living with me. That feels fantastic, knowing I’ll never have to be away from him. I can make him breakfast, that’ll be amazing, and he can sleep in my room.

“Gerard, do you want to go to Frank’s now?” My mum asked, and I nodded, squeezing Frankie’s hand lightly.

“Is that ok with you Frankie?” I whispered, and he nodded, forcing out a little smile but he was shaking all the same.

“Alright, I’ll talk to the Iero’s while you guys get some stuff from Frank’s room ok?” my mum said, and I nodded, as did Frank. After a car journey in a nervous silence we pulled up outside Frank’s house.

“You ready babe,” I asked Frank, who was deathly pale and shaking.

“Yeah, I’m a grown up right?” he said shakily and I smiled and squeezed his hand.

“Yes, we’re both adults,” I said, getting out of the car and taking Frank by the hand and going up to the front door, my mother in toe. After a few moments Mrs. Iero answered, and Frank looked down.

“Can I help you? Frank? What are you doing here, your father sent you to your room,” she snapped, eyeing me up and down and fixing her gaze on out linked hands. Frank saw and tried to pull away but I kept hold firm.

“Here’s the thing Mrs. Iero, Frank is a grown man now and doesn’t have to put up with his fathers abuse, so he’s moving out,” I said, with a courage I didn’t feel.

“He doesn’t have anywhere to go,” she said, and I grinned.

“Actually, seeing as he’s my boyfriend he’s staying with me,” I said, and her eyes widened.

“You know its your fault that Frank’s father had to hit him,” she snapped, and I froze, my confidence leaving as she reaffirmed what I thought about it. Just then Frank moved round and stood in front of me.

“Now excuse me, but you are totally wrong. My father hit me because he is sick, and it is Gerard who has saved me from this,” he spat, and she looked slightly taken aback.

“Alright, well, get your stuff and get out,” she said, stepping aside as we all filed in, and my mum took Mrs. Iero into the kitchen to talk about everything.

“Nice room,” I muttered, looking around his cluttered and somewhat dated room.

“Thanks,” he said, smiling at me and shoving some of his stuff into a bag.

“You ready?” I asked when he had stuffed most his things into bags.

“Yeah,” he said, grabbing some bags. I took the rest and we left his room.