If I Love You, Why Do I Keep Getting Hurt?

So this is the end?

So this is the end, of you and me, we had a good run, now I’m setting you free, to do as you want, to do as you please, without me.

Gerard’s P.O.V
So, its been five whole years since that accident. Five whole years since I lost my mother, the only woman in the world I could relate to, other then my grandma. Five years since I saw my Frankie’s eyes filled with as much pain as I did when I woke up in that hospital bed. He’d been a burning man and he was so full of guilt. Silly Frankie, blaming himself for an accident. Cars weren’t exactly fool-proofed, accidents happen all the time.

My recovery was slow, but Frankie helped me every step of the way. He’d had a broken arm, but he’d still insisted on doing everything for me. God, I loved him.

“Frankie, really, rest. Your arm must be hurting love, please come sit with me,” I pleaded.
“No, I’ll rest later love. Do you want something to eat or drink? Do your legs hurt? Should I get you some ice or shit?” he asked, scanning me over.
“I’m fine baby, really. Just come be with me…please?” I asked, giving me his best puppy dog eyes. His frantic gaze calmed and smoothed out, and he smiled softly at me.
“You know I can’t resist that look Gee, no fair,” he mumbled and I grinned.
“I love you,” I whispered.
“Love you too Gerard,” he sighed, dropping down next to me on the sofa.
“Could you hold me, or something?” I muttered, blushing. He brushed his fingers lightly across my pink cheeks, amusement glittering in his eyes.
“Always,” he whispered, leaning in against me. I relaxed into his strong embrace, firm even though there was only one arm in it.
“Are we going to be ok?” I asked hesitantly.
“If you want me here, I’ll be here baby.” He replied, and his answer was sure enough that the butterflies doing somersaults in my stomach settled a little.
“I’ll always want you here,” I whispered, fervent determination in my voice. We lay like that, until three sharp thuds on the door forced Frank to get up, grunting about our fuckin’ privacy.
“Who is it?” He asked through the little speaker we’d had installed. It was a necessity, too many people hated us for us to be safe to just open the door.
“A friend,” a chilling voice muttered.
“Bit more info please,” Frankie replied, trying to keep the tone light, but I could see from his posture that he was very uncomfortable right now.
“Frank, call the police,” I cautioned.
“Who the fuck is it!” Frank shouted.
“Do NOT swear at me young man. I am your father after all,” the voice clipped, and I froze, Frank froze, time froze.
“Like hell are you coming in here,” he whispered shakily, and I wished I could go over and hold him, protect him from the monster on the other side of that door, which now looked like nothing more than a flimsy piece of wood.
“Now, now Frankie dear. Of course you’re going to let me in. We need to talk.”
“I have nothing to say to you,” Frank hissed.
“Perhaps not, but I have plenty to say to you, SON.” Frank’s father slimed.
“Frank, you don’t have to let him in,” I said, my voice shaking with tension and fear.
“Don’t I? He always wins Gerard,” Frank whispered.
“I… I can’t protect you… like this…” I whispered, gesturing to my plastered legs.
“I can protect us Gee,” he whispered, before opening the door. I tensed, waiting for the havoc that was inevitable to ensue when that thing, more monster than man, entered our home…

That was five years ago. Five years. Frank and I now, well, we’re happy. Happier than we ever could have been. Don’t get me wrong, Frank’s father wasn’t easy to get rid of. It took a lot of persuasion, and unthinkably violent acts to enforce that persuasion. But it’s been done. We’ll never see him again. Frank can live in peace, and I can live for him. Yeah, maybe this isn’t the way things could have been expected to happen, and maybe things won’t really end here, but then again, maybe they will. As far as endings go, this has possibly been one of the best for me, and for my Frankie.
♠ ♠ ♠
Right here, I should be writing a novel length apology. I abandoned my stories and my readers, and i'm so deeply sorry. Although my interest in fanfiction has peetered out, I really owe it to YOU guys to finish all my stories, so that's what i'm going to do now. I'm finishing my stories, and saying goodbye to my Gerard's and my Franks. But this isn't the last of me, i'll write again. Just trying out some more original fic stuff. So i'm sorry to those who have lost faith or interest in my stories, and even more sorry to those who haven't.