Status: Sarah if you read this. I'm Sorry.

A Daydream Away

You're Just A Daydream Away

I wish you could see your face right now. 'Cause you're grinning like a fool, and we're sitting on your kitchen floor, on a Tuesday afternoon

Jack was staring at me while we sat on the kitchen floor at my moms house. He was talking about band practice, making me smile. We had just gotten out of school for the summer, which meant practice was in the mornings. All Time Low was one of the best bands in Lutherville-Timonium, and I had the honor of being neighbors with their lead guitarist. I had grown up here, with him, Alex, and Rian. Well I didn’t actually grow up here. I’m originally from Texas but when I was 8 my parents got divorced and I moved to Lutherville-Timonium, Maryland with my mom and younger brother, Ty. Then when I started elementary, Jack and Alex were in my class. Jack beat up Alex for picking on me at recess. We’ve been best friends since.

It doesn't matter when we get back, to doing what we do. 'Cause right now could last forever. Just as long as I'm with you

“Hey Sarah, let’s go somewhere” he said.

“Sure” I said. We left, going to Panera before going to the mall. This was a total Jack and Sarah thing. We did it often. Almost as often as we got drunk and had drunken sex. Oh well.

“Hey Jack?” I asked.

“Yeah babe?” he said.

“I know we’re only sixteen, but, uh, what would you say if I told you I was having your baby.” I said. He stopped in his tracks.

“I would say. Don’t get an abortion, even though it was a mistake, it’ll be the best mistake we ever make.” he said. Then he kissed me, right on the lips. “why?”

“I um, no reason.” I said.

“Sarah, you know you can tell me anything.” he said.

“I’m pregnant Jack. It’s yours. I know it is. I feel like such a fuck up.” I said. He hugged me tightly.

“You’re not a fuck up, Sarah Elizabeth. I love you, no matter how big you get during this pregnancy, I’ll still love you” he whispered


Ha, so much for that. Now here I am 7 years later, with 6 year old twin daughters that are just like their father. Jack hasn’t been around since the day I told him I was pregnant. Maddox Janelle and Kennedy Rae are my world now. But today, my best friend Tori is taking me to a fucking All Time Low concert. I have to go and see him again. Now I’m met with the choice to A) Take the girls. Or B) see if Tori’s mom will watch them. I decided on A. If I had to see Jack, then he had to see the girls he gave up. Although identical, they have totally different personalities. Kennedy is more like a boy, and Maddox is the girly one. Oh well.

I pulled up at the venue with the girls and Tori handed us our passes(she’s been dating/engaged to Alex since senior year) and we walked backstage. Jack didn’t say anything to me, which I was happy for, but I caught him smiling at me interacting with the girls. Finally the concert started and it was amazing. It always had because of the boys personality. The last song that they didn’t annouce was when Jack broke his silent spell.

“Jack you’ve been really fucking quiet since Tori, Sarah, and the twins got here this morning.” Alex said.

“Yeah. I know Lex. Let me explain to the crowd though” he said, his voice cracking.

“Seven years ago, when we weren’t that popular and school had just gotten out for the summer. My best friend Sarah told me something. She said “Jack, I know we’re only sixteen. But, what would you say if I told you I was having your child?” you know what I told her? I said. “I would say not to get an abortion. Because this baby may be a mistake, but it would be the best mistake of our lifes.” Then I promised her I wouldn’t leave her. Then I made a mistake. I quit talking to her. She found out she was having twins. I met my daughters for the first time today. Their names are Kennedy and Maddox. Just like I always said I would name my kids. This last song, this song off our newest CD, Dirty Work, I wrote for Sarah. I know Sarah might not ever fucking forgive me for this but I can only hope.” he said. I bit my lip, trying to control myself. Alex’s hand reached out for me, pulling me up onstage. I couldn’t take it anymore. I walked up to Jack and pulled him down to my short height and kissed him square on the lips. Then I slapped him.

“What was that for?” he said.

“The kiss means I forgive you. The slap meant you’re a fucking retard.” I said, kissing him again.

“I’m your retard, though, right?” he said.

“Yes Jack you are my retard.” I said, and kissed him again before hopping offstage and letting them finish the concert.

I wish you could see your face right now
'Cause you're grinning like a fool
And we're sitting on your kitchen floor
On a Tuesday afternoon
It doesn't matter when we get back
To doing what we do
'Cause right now could last forever
Just as long as I'm with you
You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose
We would go out on the weekend
To escape our busy lives
And we'd laugh at all the douche-bag guys
Chasing down their desperate wives
I would drink a little too much
You would offer me a ride
And I would offer you a t-shirt
And you'd stay another night
But you're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose
We never stood a chance out there
Shooting love in real-time
So we'll take it over ice tonight
With a little salt
And a little lime
You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
And I'll keep you a daydream away
Just watch from a safe place
So I never have to lose
You're just a daydream away
I wouldn't know what to say if I had you
♠ ♠ ♠
I"m Sorry Sarah. :(
Bold = past.
Italics = lyrics.