Textbook Romance

Neil's Gaze

I went out into the crowd after talking with everyone. I pushed my way through the people to the front near the barriers that stopped people from getting onto the stage. I sang along with all the bands that played. This was the first night that I was allowed to actually spend in the crowd.

I moved the music and let the energy in the venue carry me through the night. When ADTR came out on stage I moved back so that I was farther out of view, hidden by the glare of the lights and the swarming kids that made up the pit. I was sweating head to toe as I jumped around to the sound of Jeremy's voice. I closed my eyes and let one of their songs get to me.

It was hard to see Neil on stage. It was hard to see Neil in person. The hardest thing was seeing his eyes sweep the crowd for any sight of me. He stood on my side of the stage and every once in a while would let auto-play take over so he could disconnect from what was going on around him and let his eyes search for any sight of me in the many people down in front cheering him on.

It wasn't until his eyes actually found me that I found myself slipping away quickly, the feel of his eyes causing guiltiness and nerves. As I made a 180 to the left something hard slammed into my right, causing me to smash into the man next to me and lose my footing.

As I plummeted towards the cement ground I tried to catch myself but failed miserably as my elbow slammed into the concrete and shoes kicked my torso from the side. I groaned as I landed on the ground surrounded by standing people. I stretched my elbow to pushed myself up from the ground and winced at the intense pain that was shooting through my arm.

The noise above me intensified as someone reached down and grabbed me under the arms. The unfamiliar man yanked me to my feet and pushed me towards the stage gently. My head was spinning as my brain caught up with what was going on around me. The sounds of the band had stopped playing on stage and now people were motioning me towards the barrier and the security guards on the other side.

"Ginny, are you okay?" I heard through the speakers that hung from the ceiling. The familiar voice caused me to wince, but I nodded my head anyways, letting two large guards pull me over the barrier and push me up on stage.

I blinked as the stage lights hit my face. Neil's hands were on me then, holding me up right as I wobbled. I looked to the right of the stage and saw Max standing there, worry lacing his expression as Craig stood next to him, seemingly holding him in place.

"Let me go," I demanded, trying to push Neil off of me, "I'm fine."

"Ginny, stop," he commanded in reply, "You're dizzy."

I looked to him and then back to the stage. "Max," I called, trying to push Neil off of me. "Max is going to help me," I growled.

A minute later Neil's hands were replaced with Max's as the bassist wrapped one arm around my waist. "Are you okay?" he questioned, his mouth near my ear so that I could hear him over the roar from the crowd that exploded when Max showed up on stage.

I nodded quickly, not sparing another glance in Neil's direction as I motioned for Max to help me off stage. I wasn't really dizzy any more, just disoriented and hurt. I shook it off quickly and reached up with my good arm to pull my hair off of the back of my neck.

I moved towards Craig as Max went to get a water and Neil's eyes found my figure from the stage.
♠ ♠ ♠
For some reason, the first version of this chapter completely disappeared. I think maybe it was because of the "April 5th" crash.