Textbook Romance

Pawns

"You should have that arm checked out," Craig said as he motioned towards where a couple of paramedics stood behind the stage, in case anyone got severely hurt during the show.

I shook my head and stretched my arm out, not wincing when the pain assault my elbow. I shrugged at them and plastered a smile on my face as I turned to head back to the merch. area so I help Tey.

"Nev, sit down," Max demanded as he reached out and grabbed my good arm. "You're hurt, you need to rest. Tey can handle that shit on his own."

I turned back to him and rolled my eyes. "I'm alright, Max," I said, wanting to get off the side stage as soon as possible before Neil could turn his gaze back to me.

Max rolled his eyes. "Shut the fuck up," he demanded lightly, "And sit your ass down before you fall and hurt yourself again. I'll send someone to tell Tey what happened."

"No, I-"

"Sit down, Ginny," Craig told me, offering a smile as he pointed to the black velvet couch that was pushed against the wall so that someone could sit and watch the stage from there.

I sighed and glared at them as Max led me over there. "Stop being such a baby," he laughed, wrapping his arms around my waist as he climbed onto the spot next to me.

"Oh shut up, Green," I said back, watching as he laughed.

Max called for one the people backstage to run and tell Tey what happened. And as ADTR shifted to their last song, I bit my lip and pulled away from Max slowly, wondering if me being this close to him would be like salt on a wound for Neil.

"Keep your head down low

Keep your head down low

Keep your hopes up high

And your head down low"


As they finished their song and started off stage, Max stayed seated next to me, knowing that his crew would have to get their stuff set up for them before they could go out. That meant I had about 15 minutes ahead of me with both Max and Neil in the same room.

"Excited?" I asked Max as I sat on the couch, holding my elbow close against me.

He just nodded as his gaze stayed fixed on Neil, who was looking at something in the other direction, trying to keep his eyes off of us obviously.

"Max," I said, reaching out to pull his face back to look at me.

He blinked and then asked, "What?"

"Don't do anything," I told him, shaking my head, "I don't want anything sta-"

"Ginny, can we talk?"

I closed my eyes in defeat and then looked up to Neil. "I-uh," I stuttered.

"Come on," he murmured, "It'll only take a second. I wouldn't dare keep you away from Max for too long."

I sighed at the jab and stood up, following him back through the hall and into a little room that held extra gear, in case something ended up going wrong for one of the bands. "What do you want to talk about?"

He sighed and asked, "Was I right? About you and Max, you know."

I gave him an unbelievable look. "No, Neil," I retorted, "You weren't right."

He ran his palm over his short hair. "But I'm right now," he said, "There's something going on between the two of you." He bit his lip and kicked the floor, something he did when he was nervous or wanted to say more. I figured it was because he didn't want to know the answer.

I just shrugged and ran my fingers through my brown hair. "Kind of," I said awkwardly.

He rolled his eyes. "What's that supposed to mean, Ginny? Either you are with him or your not."

"No!" I shouted, and then winced, "I mean, I don't know," I said, confusing us both at the same time.

He sighed and shook his head. "I don't understand what happened earlier, Gin," he told me, looking straight into my eyes, "I was just asking you a question that seemed pretty logical and you go off on me, dump me, and then end up with that asshole. I just don't understand."

I didn't understand it either. But I didn't tell him that. I didn't know how I went from denying being with Max to actually being with Max, and I thought for a minute that if I was with him today, then Neil's accusations from yesterday were correct, so I couldn't be mad at him. I shook the thoughts out of my head as I became confused, my mind continuing on that train of thought and ending up with me getting back together with Neil, but then being pissed off again because if I was with him, then his accusations were wrong.

I groaned and shook my head, "I don't know, Neil," I said, not bothering to explain something that I didn't even understand. "I just know that you and I aren't together right now."

Neil groaned then, "And why not?" he questioned, throwing his hands out into the air.

"Because you were accusing me of being with Max and cheating on you," I growled, wishing he could just understand it.

He rolled his eyes. "But you are with Max," he dead-panned, causing me to sigh.

"I'm not with either of you," I clarified.

Neil stared at me blankly. "You're biting your lip," he told me, causing me to look up at him with a 'and?' kind of look on my face. He rolled his eyes. "You bite your lip when you've got something more to say, or when you're not telling the truth."

I glared and stopped biting my lip. "I'm telling the truth, Neil."

He shrugged, "Not the whole truth. You'd think I'd at least deserve to know everything."

I rolled my eyes and folded my arms over my chest, ignoring the ache the throbbed in my elbow from where it had collided with the floor when I got knocked over in the crowd. "I didn't sleep with Max," I stated honestly, knowing that was what he wanted to hear from my lips.

He relaxed visibly and nodded. "Okay," he murmured, "What did you do then?"

"Oh God, Neil, it's been a few hours. Do you really think that we'd be able to do anything within a few hours while on a tour bus? Get over it. I broke up with you and kissed him. That's it," I ranted, throwing my hands into the air when I was done, and wincing at the shooting pain in my arm.

Neil looked down at me with cautious eyes. "You kissed him?" he whispered, "Seriously kissed him?"

When I nodded Neil's calm facade slipped away. "He's a fucking drug addict, Ginny! You're going to get hooked on this guy and he's going to leave you or die. I can't believe you're being so fucking stupid about this. When you said you were going to see how things were with Max, I figured you were just trying to piss me off, not get yourself tangled in something you can't handle!" he shouted, his eyes hardening as anger flooded his blood stream.

"Neil, cut the shit. I can handle it, I'm not a fucking two year old," I growled, hating that he seemed to be treating me like I was an ignorant child who couldn't differentiate between good and bad decision.

Neil rolled his eyes. "You can't handle Max," he growled, "He's a twenty-six year old child. You're only nineteen, you don't need to be getting involved with someone even older than I am!"

I glared. "You're the only one who has ever cared about age, Neil. I don't care how only anyone is. Especially you. I left my fucking family to be out here with you and now you're accusing me of sleeping around with the bassist of another band!"

Neil scoffed. "Then you actually go and mess around with him, just because I thought you were doesn't mean to you have to, Ginny. That proves how damn immature you are, honestly," he growled, shaking his head at me and looking away like he couldn't bare to see me anymore.

I balled my hands into fists at my sides. "Yeah, okay," I murmured hostilely, "I fucked up. But I'm only nineteen. I'm going to have a little fun in my life before it gets to late and I'm old and bitter, Neil," I told him, shaking my head at the thought of living my life tied down to someone else.

"Doesn't mean you have to act like a slut, Ginny," he said rudely, causing my jaw to drop.

"I'm not a slut, Neil," I replied, lacing my words with malice and anger, "I'm just trying to figure out what I want!"

"You can't just push us around until you decide, Ginny. We're not just little pieces in a game that you can use to have fun with. Even Max has to have a problem with being second best to no one."

I glared and folded my arms over my chest again. "Actually," I spat, "He doesn't."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys. I've been having a bit of a problem with one of my other stories. Someone is stealing it and rewriting it so I'm not going to be updating too often, until this gets resolved. But I had been writing this and figured I'd post it anyways, just so I could tell you guys.

This is what I wrote in one of my journals, explaining everything:


One of my readers sent me a link to a story that has the same name as mine, and the same plot, and the same things happen in the story, as in mine.

I don't know what to do about it, because if I knew this chick in person, I'd hit her, but obviously I can't do that over the internet.

So I commented on it and made it known that I knew she'd stolen it, although someone else had already reported her for stealing it. One of my readers.

I feel like Mibba is tainted now that someone's ripped off my story. This website used to be my safe haven, where I could write what I was thinking and be honest with you all & myself. But after today I don't even feel like I can write on here anymore.

Now that I've found someone rewriting one of my stories, I feel sick to my stomach when I think about posting anything else, and that really sucks because without mibba I don't have anything. Writing is the thing that gets me through my days.

When I'm at school I'm planning out new ideas for my stories, coming up with character names, picture the houses, the cities, the people. Writing is the only thing in my life that I can control, and now even I can't control that.

I know some of you are probably thinking, "Move on, who cares if this girl rewrites your story." But it's harder than that. She's taking my ideas, changing a couple things (like names), and calling it hers, all the while denying even knowing about my story.

I put all my trust in people here on this website and I feel like someone just shoved me off a hundred foot building and laughed when I splattered on the ground. Dramatic, I know, but honestly I feel let down and pushed around.

Writing is my entire life. It's how I express myself and live, but I feel like I'm just writing it for someone else now. So someone else can take credit.

I'm just deflated. I've done all I can do to have "her" story taken down, but even if it ends up getting taken down, I still feel like trust has been broken. She can just copy someone else's. And someone else can copy another of mine.



If you want to check out the stories and see for yourself, they are:

Mine:
Mystery Boy

"Hers":
Mystery Boy

A few of my Mystery Boy readers, who know the story, have left comments on hers backing me up, that makes me feel incredibly lucky to have such supportive readers.

A few people have told me not to give out the link to the other story, but I feel like I should be allowed to tell people why I won't be updating for awhile.

I hope this gets resolved soon so I can continue updating ALL my stories. Because I'm going to post one more chapter on each one, so people know what is going on, then I'm waiting until this gets resolved, if it doesn't, then I think I'll be taking all of my stories down.

I'm sorry guys.