Textbook Romance

Kill the Bass Player.

"Max!" I shouted as I tried to push him out of my bunk, growling when he held onto me so that we, and my computer, would both fall out of the bunk. "You need to get away from me!"

He laughed as he scooted closer, "I don't want to."

I tried shoving him away again to no avail. "I don't give a fuck what you want, just get away from me!"

"Maybe I don't want to," he murmured in my ear, "Maybe I want to get even closer to you."

"Max," I stated, taking deep breaths to keep my anger under control, "First I need you to get out of my bunk," I told him as I closed my laptop and put it on the little shelf next to my bed, "Secondly, I need you to never speak to me again."

Max was silent for a moment, and then he leaned into me and touched his lips to my ear. "Or what?" he questioned softly, "Neil is going to beat my ass, right?"

I turned to him and licked my lips, moving so that my own were close to his ear, touching his cheek as I spoke. "No," I whispered, feeling him shiver as my warm breath hit his face and neck. I smirked and then continued talking, "I'll beat your ass myself."

I felt Max's lips curl up in a smirk and he spoke in a husky voice. "I'll take that as a promise."

My own smirk left my lips as I shreaked in anger, trying to shove him out of my bunk once again. "Max!" I screamed, "You're such an asshole!"

He just laughed and reached for my computer. I glared as he opened it up and hit play, paying no mind to me as I mentally tried to blow his brains out. It was obvious that none of the other guys cared about what Max was saying or doing to me, because they were probably used to him and his stubborn ways.

"Max," I sighed after a few awkward minutes and no success with the mental killing, "You can borrow my computer, just go in your own bunk."

Max turned his head to me instead of watching the movie and shrugged, "Maybe I want to watch a movie with you."

I sighed again, "Well, I honestly don't want to hang out with you."

Max had a look of hurt on his face as he lifted his right hand to his chest where his heart would be. "That hurts, Ginny," he murmured, "And here I thought we were making friends."

"I'm not your friend," I growled, "So go away."

Max smiled lightly and licked his plump lips. "Well," he started as he scooted closer, "Then maybe we can be more than friends." Once his lips were against my cheek, I screamed for Craig.

"Craig!" I screamed as loud as I could, "Come get him off of me before I kill your bass player!"

I grabbed my laptop from him and stuck it back on the shelf as his green eyes, which were red where they should've been white, snapped to me. "I'd like to see you try," Max stated as Craig, Robert, and Monte showed up and grabbed onto his arms, yanking him out of my bunk and setting him roughly on the floor.

Max looked up at me and soluted, "Talk to you later, sweetheart," he said he turned and walked to the back of the bus, leaving me dumb-founded.

"I-" I tried to vocalize but failed miserably, "He's such an ass."

Monte, Craig, and Robert chuckled but agreed with me anyways. Monte and Robert followed after Max but Craig stood there looking up at me with a pout on his face. I sighed and rolled my eyes, "Alright," I groaned, "Come on up."

Craig grinned and climbed into my bunk so we could watch the movie together. Although, Craig was more into talking than actually watching the movie, he asked about my family, getting the typical "my parents can't stand me". He asked me to tell him something that not a lot of people knew about me, so I told him my real name, Ginevra. I then had to give him the long story about how my parents were major Leonardo DiVinci freaks and the painting "Ginevra Di Benci" was where I got my name.

"Are you an only child?" Craig asked as he rested his head on my shoulder.

I thought about it for a moment and then nodded. "I am now," I stated, trying to keep my past from bringing tears to my eyes.

Craig looked at me, obviously confused. "What do you mean?" he questioned.

"I had a brother once," I told him, recalling the memories of the dark haired, strong-willed older brother who threw his life away, "His name was Leo."

Craig was quiet for a minute and then wrapped his arms around my waist. "He's still your brother, you know," Craig murmured, "He'll always be your brother."

I shook my head, "He stopped being my brother long before he died."

Craig frowned but realized that I was hardened to this subject and I wasn't going to budge on my ways. "What happened to him?" Craig inquired as he closed his eyes.

"He was a drug addict by the time he was 17, I was 12. He overdosed within two years on Cocaine and Heroin," I told Craig with a sad smile as he rubbed circles on my arm in a completely friendly way.

"I'm sorry," Craig murmured causing me to shrug.

"It was a long time ago," I smiled to show him I was okay, "I'm over it."

Craig frowned but nodded, probably wanting to drop the subject. "So, Ginevra," Craig chuckled, "What's your favorite color?"

I laughed as Craig's corky side kicked back in. He stuck his tongue out at me and rested his head back on my shoulder. I smiled and rested my head on his head, watching as the Bumble-bee character transformed and started talking through the radio again.
♠ ♠ ♠
I think I like this one. :)