How Things Can Change

The After-Party

Jane woke up with a terrible headache. She looked right and saw that Matt was sitting on the desk's chair, lost in his thoughts. When he realized she was awake, he stood up and stared at her.
"Uh... Good morning!", Matt said. "Here, take this. It'll help.", he added handing her a pill for headaches and a glass of water.
Jane remembered last night as she took the pill.
"What are you doing here?", Jane asked as she left the bed. She was wearing one of Brian's shirts as a pajama, she dressed it after Brian left the room.
"I want to talk with you... About... You know... Last night...", Matt said. He said 'last night' so quietly that Jane could barely hear it. "Brian let me be here..."
"Oh.", Jane said looking down.
"I want you to know that I had nothing with Liz! Jimmy was there with me, he'll tell you what happened if you don't believe me!", Matt explained.
"It's okay...", Jane said not really meaning it.
"No, it's not... And we both know it!", Matt said sitting in the border of the bed with Jane.
Jane was feeling much better after taking the pill. She took a deep breath and looked at Matt's hazel eyes.

"Liz is-was, she was my best friend. I could trust her my life. And she does this to me without a reason... I don't understand, that's all...", Jane said. "I guess she liked you and was jealous because you didn't speak with her..."
Matt held Jane's hand and smiled slightly.
"Do you know why I didn't talk to her?", Matt asked. Jane shook her head meaning she didn't know the answer. "I didn't talk to her because in the last few weeks my mind is always thinking about the same thing... I'm not concentrated in anything! Not even in my band!"
"What are you thinking about?", Jane asked sheepishly.
Matt took a deep breath and stared at Jane.
"You.", Matt said smiling and showing his dimples.
Jane returned the smile. "Are you serious?", she asked.
"Of course I am! Ever since the day I met you you didn't get out of my head.", Matt answered. "Why do you think I kept bugging you all that time?"
"I thought you were just being annoying...", Jane answered.
Matt laughed, sat Jane on his lap and wrapped his arms around her waist.
"I like you.", he said. "A lot."
Jane put her arms around his neck and kissed Matt's forehead.
"I think I like you too...", Jane said. "Maybe a little bit.", she lied smirking.
Matt pretended a shocked look. "Just a little bit?". He leaned his head towards Jane's and pressed his lips against hers. "What about now?", Matt asked smirking, keeping his lips close to hers.
"Hum... I don't know... Why don't you do that again?", Jane answered smiling.
Matt kissed her again and they heard the front door's bell ringing.
"Who can it be?", Matt asked.
"I dunno...", Jane mumbled.
Suddenly, someone opens the bedroom door.

"Oh, geez! Sorry, guys!", Jimmy said covering his eyes with his hands like a little kid. "I didn't know you'd be... doing that!"
"Doing what, Jimmy?", Matt asked laughing as Jane got up.
"Well... You know...", Jimmy said pointing to both of them with one of his hands, leaving the other one covering his eye. "You're wearing boxers and she's wearing a guy shirt."
"Oh, no, no!", Jane said. "This shirt isn't Matt's, it's Brian's!"
"JESUS CHRIST!?", Jimmy yelled. "What were you three doing?"
Matt burst out laughing and Brian entered the room.
"Jimmy, none of those... things you're thinking about happened!", Matt answered still laughing.
Brian understood what was going on and started laughing with Matt. Jimmy walked to Jane who was staring at him with a suspicious look on her face, and he put his hands on her shoulders.
"I'm sorry. I was taken by surprise!", Jimmy explained. He then hugged Jane. "Good morning!", he added with a smile.
Matt stood up and entwined his fingers with Jane's.
"Don't worry, Jimmy's like that all the time!", Matt said.
Jane laughed and they all went downstairs to have breakfast. After dressing themselves up and leaving for a walk, Jane remembered something Matt said before.

"Hey, Matt.", Jane said. "Do you have a band?"
Jimmy stared at him with a look on his face like if he had told something he shouldn't.
Matt led his arm behind his neck and mumbled something no one could understand.
"I'm sorry, I didn't understand...", Jane said.
"Darn, Matt! You weren't supposed to say that to anyone yet!!!", Jimmy yelled. "It's nothing against you, Jenny. But it was a secret.", he said quietly.
Jimmy knew Jane for a day, but they already acted like they were brothers or best friends.
"Well... Sorry...", Matt apologized. "Yeah, Jenny... We have a band.", he added referring to him and Jimmy.
"Wow, man. That's so cool!", Brian said thrilled. "I've been looking for someone to form a band, but I can't find anyone... You guys are really lucky!"
Jimmy looked at Matt like if he had an idea.
"Hey, Brian. What do you play?", Jimmy asked.
"He's the best guitarist you'll ever find!", Jane said.
Matt smiled. "You know how to solo?", he asked.
"Hum, yeah.", Brian answered.
"Do you wanna join our band?", Jimmy asked.
"Whoa, are you guys serious?", Brian asked.
"Yeah. You like the same music we do and if Jenny's right, you're the person we're missing!", Matt answered. "Oh, right! I almost forgot. Jimmy's the drummer and our other two friends are the bass and guitar player. Rhythm guitar, that is."
"Wow, man. That would be awesome!", Brian said.
"We're rehearsing later and staying at my parents house for the weekend.", Matt said. "Do you wanna come?"
"Yeah, dude! Count me in!", Brian said extremely happy.
"Group hug!!!", Jimmy yelled and then hugged Jane, Matt and Brian.

Jimmy and Brian started talking about their favorite bands and Jane and Matt walked behind them.
"You're also coming, aren't you?", Matt asked Jane.
"Oh, I don't know... I don't know the other guys...", Jane said.
"They're as nice as Jimmy...", Matt said trying to convince Jane. "And... I want to spend more time with you."
"Okay, I'll think about it!", Jane said.
"You won't.", Matt said smirking. "You're gonna come with us, because me and Jimmy will only drop you home so you can get some clothes."

They walked near the beach and Jane befriended Jimmy even more. They now behaved like they've knew each other their whole lives. When they were going home, they walked through the city park and Jimmy spotted a big white duck. He suddenly stopped talking and started to run in the duck's direction.
"Look at the size of that fucking duck! Look at that duck! LOOK AT THAT DUCK!", Jimmy yelled pointing to the duck. "Jesus Christ! Come here you fucking... stallion duck!"
Everyone at the park turned to Jimmy. He was like that. He didn't care about what other people thought. The only things he cared about were the people he loved and protected - his friends, family and now Jane and Brian as well.
"He's not afraid at all!", Jimmy continued chasing the duck. HE'S NOT AFRAID AT ALL!"
Brian, Matt and Jane were laughing like crazy in the middle of the park.
Jimmy approached them without noticing the people looking at him confused.
"That's the biggest fucking duck I've ever seen in my whole life!", he added.
"Do you want me to buy you a duck, Jimmy?", Matt joked.
"I have a rubber duck in my bathroom, do you want it?", Brian joined.
"No! I've never seen a duck that big!", Jimmy kept saying.
Jane just laughed at that moment.
"Oh, you're laughing?", Jimmy asked smiling and walking towards her. "You're gonna get the REVENGE!!!"
He ran towards her and picked Jane up his shoulder. Jimmy started spinning her and she couldn't stop laughing.
"Ah!!! Stop it! You're going to kill me!", Jane said trying not to laugh.
By the time Jimmy put Jane on the ground, the other two guys joined him and started tickling her.
"Hey, guys! That's not fair!", Jane said trying to defend herself.
Jimmy glanced at his watch and noticed it was already half past eleven in the morning.
"We should go get your stuff and head to Matt's house.", Jimmy said. "That includes you too, Jane Sullivan.", he added pointing his finger to her.
"Don't you point your finger at me, Jimmy Sullivan! It's rude!", Jane joked.
They all laughed and stopped at Jane's and Brian's houses so they could get their stuff for the weekend.

When they arrived at Matt's house a short guy was already in the living room. He'd went to the kitchen and was holding a beer on his hand.
"Hey, Johnny.", Jimmy greeted.
"Hey, guys.", Johnny said. "Your parents have just left, Matt."
"Oh, great! Now we have the full house for us!", Matt said.
"Oh! Johnny, these are Brian and Jane.", Jimmy said pointing to them.
Johnny stared at them for a moment before Matt shook his shoulder.
"Hey, little guy, are you there?", Matt asked laughing.
"Wha... Yeah! I'm Johnny!", Johnny said smiling. "So you're Matt's girlfriend, huh?"
"Well... Hum...", Jane said before Matt cut her off.
"Yeah. She's officially my girlfriend since this morning.", Matt said pushing Jane close to his chest and kissing her cheek.
Jane noticed Brian looked kinda sad, but he quickly gained another look on his face as Jimmy started talking again.
"This is Brian. He might be the lead guitarist we're missing!", Jimmy said.
After Brian greeted Johnny someone opens the front door. Brian looks at the door and smiles.

"Zacky? Zacky Baker?", Brian said as he looked at the door.
Jane looked at the door and gained a huge smile on her face when Zacky saw her and Brian.
"Brian and Jenny? I didn't see you guys for so long!", Zacky said as he hugged Jane and then Brian.
Jimmy, Johnny and Matt looked at each other confused.
"Oh, right. Huh, Jenny's my cousin and Brian and I were great friends in kindergarten. We haven't seen each other since... like Primary School or something.", Zacky explained looking at the confused boys who were staring at him.
"So you guys already know each other?", Matt asked smiling.
Zacky nodded and then remembered something.
"Yo, Matt. Is this the Jenny you talked about?", Zacky asked.
"Yeah, man. I didn't know you were related!", Matt answered.
Zacky approached Matt and pointed his finger at him as if he was threatening him.
"You be careful with my cousin, or I'll beat you up like I did with that gnome!", Zacky said pointing to Johnny and trying not to laugh.
"Seriously, do you think you can beat Matt?", Johnny asked laughing.
"Nah, man. I was joking!", Zacky said as he hugged Matt. "Congratulations, she's awesome!"
"Oh, by the way, Zack.", Jimmy said. "Brian is now your guitar friend."
Zacky smiled and greeted the rest of the guys.
'So... Matt is now my boyfriend, I find out my cousin plays in his band, I discover Brian still likes me and I make a new best friend that I only know for a day... great!', Jane thought.

"Come on, let's go put your stuff in your bedrooms.", Matt said referring to all their bags.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!

Any comments about the story? :D
If so please write them, I'll have the greatest pleasure reading them!

Thank you for reading!