How Things Can Change

Making Up Things

"Matt, calm down.", Johnny said while Jimmy and Zacky held Matt.
"How the fuck do you want me to be calm after what I saw, motherfucker?", Matt asked trying to separate from them. Brian quickly stood up and helped Zacky and Jimmy. "Zack, why are you grabbing me? She's your fucking cousin!"
"Do you think I liked what I saw?", Zacky asked surprised. "She's my cousin but he's my fucking friend as well!"
One of the employees reached them and asked them to leave the mall and solve their problems outside.
"Yeah, let's solve this outside!", Matt said as he released himself and walked out of the mall. Jane ran towards him and put her hands around his face making him look at her.
"Matt, don't hurt your friend. Please!", Jane said.
"He fucking kissed you, Jenny! You're my girlfriend, not someone who he can fuck with!", Matt said when he was outside waiting for Johnny to come out.
"I'm sorry, dude. It won't happen again!", Johnny said as he got out, but Matt punched him right in the middle of his face.
"Matt, stop!", Jane yelled as Brian grabbed Matt.
"Let me go, that fucking gnome has to learn his lesson!", Matt said angrily.
"Dude calm down! You're always fighting!", Jimmy said grabbing Matt by his wrists.
Matt escaped them and started punching him again. Zacky tried to stop him and Jimmy helped him. Brian was calming Jane and Caleigh down. Jane ran towards Matt but when she was right behind him, he tried to release himself from Zacky and hit Jane's cheek accidentally.
He looked at her worried and Jimmy and Zacky let him go.

"Jenny... I... I didn't want to hurt you!", Matt said concerned as he approached Jane.
Jane felt tears falling from her eyes and looked at him.
"Why are you always fighting?", Jane asked. "Can't you solve things another way?"
She then left the mall and walked home. Matt started running after her but Brian told him to let her go.
"This is all your fault, motherfucker!", Matt said punching Johnny's stomach but being calmed down by Jimmy later.
"I'm sorry man!", Johnny said holding onto his belly. "I really am! I just couldn't avoid it!"
"You couldn't avoid it? Fuck you! She's MY girlfriend!", Matt replied angrily.
"I know, I know!", Johnny said.
"Guys, calm down!", Zacky said. "Johnny you shouldn't have kissed Jane, you knew she was Matt's girlfriend! And you,", he added pointing to Matt. "You need to calm the fuck down! You're always fighting lately. Did you see what happened to Jenny? That's only your fault!"
"He's right, Matt.", Jimmy said releasing him. "She'll be really angry at you!"
They all headed to their houses and Brian drove Caleigh - who had watched all the confusion - to her house. Matt and Johnny didn't talk to each other and Matt grumbled each time he looked at him.

Matt tried to call Jane but she didn't pick up her mobile phone.
On the next day, he looked all over school for her. He found her talking with Jimmy. She had put her make-up carefully so the scratch on her cheek couldn't be noticed, but Matt could see it, because he was the one who hurt her.
"Jenny, I need to talk to you.", Matt said as he rushed to her.
"I'm sorry Matt, I don't want to...", Jane replied.
"Please!", Matt begged. "I NEED you to forgive me. I never meant to hurt you, you've gotta believe me."
Jane laughed quietly. "I'm not angry at you because you hurt me, I know you'd never hurt me like that. I hate it that you always solve things with violence! Couldn't you go talk with him like normal people do? Try to figure it out why he did that?"
Jane said goodbye to Jimmy and walked away, leaving Matt without knowing what to say.
She met Caleigh on the corridor and started talking to her. Brian was walking on the other direction and spotted them, making Caleigh grow a big smile.
"Good morning, Jenny.", Brian said as he kissed her forehead. Then, he glanced at Caleigh. "Huh, good morning.", he said waving his hand. Caleigh's smile decreased and she replied him equally.
"I guess I'll see you around.", Brian said and then walked to the bar.
Jane noticed Caleigh's eyes were forming tears. 'What do I do? Caleigh needs someone, but I need to ask Brian why he acted like that. He was kissing her yesterday!', Jane thought.
"I... I'm gonna go talk with him.", Jane said. "Will you be okay?"
Caleigh nodded and walked to the bathroom.

"Why did you behave like that with her?", Jane said as she caught Brian in the corridor.
"How would you like me to behave?", Brian asked senseless.
"You two were kissing yesterday! She's nearly crying, Brian!", Jane said.
"That was yesterday...", Brian replied.
Jane stared at him in shock.
"I don't like her that way...", Brian explained. "I just needed to clear my head for some moments..."
"You could have talked with me!", Jane said.
"No, I couldn't!", Brian said.
"Why?", Jane asked.
"Because you are the problem!", Brian said looking at her.
"What?", Jane asked confused.
Brian took a deep breath. "I tried. I really tried to forget you... But I can't."
Jane didn't know what to say.
"But don't worry. I won't get between you and Matt, or at least I'll try... I know you're happy.", Brian added holding her hands. "Matt really likes you. He can be a douchebag at times when he's angry, but he was trying to protect you. And I pity shithead!"
They both laughed.
"Just promise me something.", Jane said looking at Brian's eyes. "Never cease to be my best friend. You and Jimmy are the only ones I could trust my life with."
Jimmy and Jane were already best friends, they couldn't deny it. They acted like they've knew each other since birth and had the exact same taste in everything.
Brian nodded and pushed her into a friendly hug. "I promise.", he whispered to her ear.

Four days passed and it was now Friday. Jane, Jimmy and Brian were sitting in the garden. Johnny and Zacky went to different schools, so they couldn't stay with them in the morning before classes started. Johnny and Jane had already discussed what happened that Sunday and decided to stay friends. He and Matt also talked and both apologized for their behavior.
Jane's head was laying on Jimmy's lap and he was playing with her hair. He was talking with Brian about the band and some new songs.
Matt approached them, greeted them and sat between Brian and Jimmy. Jane replied with a small smile and wished him a good morning as well. They still didn't talk and Jimmy was going insane because of that.

"Dear god! When will you guys make up?", Jimmy asked Matt and Jane annoyed.
"It's about time guys!", Brian said. "You two know you're dying to get back to talking at each other!"
Matt looked down. Jane took her head off Jimmy's lap and sat on the grass, not saying a word.
"You're driving me insane!!!", Jimmy yelled.
"She knows I want to talk with her. It's not my fault.", Matt said crossing his arms against his chest.
"Stop acting like little kids!", Brian said standing up.
Jimmy joined him and nodded.
"I have my reasons!", Jane added pouting. "He knows I don't like people who get into trouble!", she added and Jimmy stared at her shocked. He was always getting into trouble in school and he had detention plenty of times. "Not that kind of trouble, Jimmy! Fighting!"
"Well, tell her I wouldn't let shithead do that to my girl without a punishment!", Matt said looking at Brian.
"And tell him he didn't need to beat him up!", Jane said looking at Jimmy.
"And that she...", Matt was saying before Jimmy shouted.
"Shut the fuck up! If you want to talk face each other!", he said.
Jane crossed her arms and frowned. Her and Matt were now closer because Jimmy and Brian were standing up.
Jimmy approached them and turned their faces with each hand making them look at each other. Then he pushed their heads so they would meet and said "Now kiss."
Brian burst out laughing and Jimmy gave him a deadly stare. "Help me!"
"Jimmy, will you let me go, please?", Jane asked rolling her eyes to him. Her head was almost touching Matt's, who was looking at her.
All of a sudden, the bell rang and Jimmy let them go.
"I hope you realize how idiots you're being!", Brian said trying not to laugh.
Matt showed him his middle finger and walked with the two boys to his classroom, leaving Jane by hers.

The morning passed by fast and by lunch time Caleigh grabbed Jane's hand as she was leaving the classroom.
"Can I talk with you, Jenny?", Caleigh asked in a friendly way.
"Of course.", Jane replied smiling.
They walked to the canteen and got their lunch.
"Do you... know if Brian is... seeing someone else?", Caleigh asked blushing.
Jane stopped for a moment to think.
"He... Huh... He...", Jane mumbled.
Caleigh stared at her expectant.
"I'm sorry to say it like this, Callie... But he's not interested in you...", Jane answered humbly.
"It was just for fun, wasn't it?", she asked sadly.
Jane nodded looking down.
"Oh well... I couldn't expect anything more, could I?", Caleigh sighed. "What about you and Matt?"
"Still the same thing.", Jane answered taking her fork to her mouth.
"Wake up, Jenny! He tries to call you, talk to you and you don't give him a chance!", Caleigh said as Jimmy arrived at the table. He put down the board with his food on the table and started clapping.
"You understand!", he said as he hugged her.
Jane looked at them frowning.
"It's true, Jenny Sullivan!", Jimmy added pointing at her. "The guy won't know what to do in a while!"
Jane looked down and kept eating her food. The rest of the lunch and the time before the last two classes start was spent talking.

Jane was now in her last and most boring class, Geography. It was 2:40 pm and everyone was tired. Jane looked right and left - there were people talking, drawing, throwing papers at each other and some even sleeping. She called for Caleigh who was writing something, she was sitting next to her.
"What happened?", Caleigh asked as if she'd just woke up.
"Nothing... I'm bored.", Jane answered sinking her head on her arms.
"Who isn't?", Caleigh asked. "This is the most boring class ever!"
Jane laughed and then got hit by a paper ball.
"Hey, you two! Join us!", her classmate Josh invited them.
"No. Don't invite them.", Louise said. "They're no fun!"
"How can you tolerate this?", Caleigh asked incredulous.
Jane showed her her middle finger and dissed at her in a way only Louise could understand, making Caleigh laugh.
"I just wish something happened!", Jane said. "I'm about to sleep!"
As soon as she said that two people knocked on her classroom's door. The teacher opens it and Jane sees Zacky and Matt entering.
"What is Zacky doing here?", Jane asked quietly.
"Who is he?", Caleigh asked.
"My cousin! He doesn't even study here!", Jane answered.

"Can I help you?", the teacher asked Matt and Zacky.
Zacky looked at Matt as if he was the one who could explain why they were there.
"Today, please!", the teacher said. "I have to finish my class!"
Matt put his arm around the teacher's shoulder and looked at the watch.
"You have 15 minutes of class left and you teach the most boring class to your students. They're not paying any attention, so if you don't mind, can you give me those minutes?", Matt asked smiling and showing his dimples.
"How dare you say that to me?", the teacher asked.
Suddenly, Jimmy and Brian rush to the door as well, breathing heavily.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys!
What did you think of this chapter?

Matt didn't kill Johnny as you wanted, but him and Jenny are still not together even though Jimmy tries to!
What do you think will happen next? :D

Leave a comment! c: