How Things Can Change

Just 15 Minutes

The teacher looked at them suspiciously. "Can you gentlemen please explain why you're here?"
"We... Huh...", Brian mumbled.
"We're here to support our friend.", Jimmy answered.
"I think this has to do with you, Jenny!", Caleigh whispered.
"Shut up! It hasn't!", Jane replied blushing.
"Err... I think it's better if you sit down...", Zacky said looking at the teacher.
"We won't do anything bad, I promise!", Matt said.
Zacky took out his guitar and Brian and Jimmy stayed outside the classroom, only with their heads looking inside the room. Johnny rushed to them.
"Has he starte...", Johnny said before Jimmy put his hand around his mouth.
"Ssh!", Jimmy said.
Johnny's head was showing between Jimmy and Brian's necks, because he was that small.
Matt cleared his throat and Zacky started playing chords on his guitar.
'What? They're playing a song?", Jane thought.
"I told you this had to do with you!", Caleigh whispered celebrating.
Matt looked at Jane and started to sing a song she'd never heard before.

"Your hazel green tint eyes watching every move I make
And that feeling of doubt, it's erased
I'll never feel alone again with you by my side
You're the one, and in you I confide

And we have gone through good and bad times
But your unconditional love was always on my mind
You've been there from the start for me
And your love's always been true as can be

I give my heart to you
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you

And we have gone through good and bad times
But your unconditional love was always on my mind
You've been there from the start for me
And your love's always been true as can be

I give my heart to you
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you
I give my heart to you
I give my heart, cause nothing can compare in this world to you"


Jimmy, Brian, Johnny, Zacky, the teacher and the whole class but Louise started clapping and whistling.
Matt approached Jane's desk and she stood up. Jimmy ordered the other three guys to shut up and listen to what he was about to say.
"I'm sorry, I had to find a way to talk to you!", Matt said as he held her hands. "I'm sorry for that Sunday and for what I did to you and shithead.".
The whole class got quiet and listened to what he was saying. "Excuse me! This is a private moment!", he added looking at Jane's classmates.
They faked an uninterested look and started talking to whoever was close to them, but still listening to what he had to say.
"You're crazy, Matt Sanders!", Jane said laughing. "And I forgive you."
Matt's face grew a huge smile as he hugged her on the waist, lifting her from the ground, and kissed her on the lips.
"Fuck yeah!", Jimmy yelled as he ran in their direction and hugged them tightly. The other three boys joined them and Caleigh started cheering, making the whole class join her. The teacher approached them and tapped on Matt's shoulder.
"You five...", she said pointing at the boys. "It was a beautiful moment, but the Principal will know about this. Wait for the detention."
Jimmy made a sad face. "More detention?"
Everybody laughed.
"Err... We two have nothing to do with that...", Zacky said pointing to him and Johnny. "We don't even study in this school."
"Yeah... We just came here to help Matt...", Johnny added.
"Then it's detention for you three.", she added pointing at Matt, Jimmy and Brian. "You're missing your classes and you interrupted mine!"

The bell rang and everyone stood up. Caleigh smiled to Jane and left the classroom. Matt grabbed Jane's hand and walked away and the other four guys went to Zacky's house so they could rehearse.
It was autumn, but the weather was still hot. Matt and Jane walked towards Matt’s car.
“What if we went to the beach?”, Matt asked.
“I’d love to… But I don’t have my swimming clothes with me.”, Jane answered.
“My house is over there. Let’s go there and you wear one of my sister’s bikini. I think it fits you.”, Matt said.
“No… It’s your sister’s!”, Jane said. “I don’t want to use it without her permission.”
“She’s not home. She’ll never know.”, Matt said as he blinked his eye and parked his car.
He opened the front door and led her to his sister’s room.
“She has them on that drawer. Pick one and dress it. The bathroom’s over there.”, Matt said. “I’m gonna go put my trunks and get the towels and I’ll be waiting for you outside the bathroom, okay?”
Jane nodded and took a green bikini that matched with her eyes. She took off her clothes and put the bikini, her shorts and top. She didn’t know where to put her underwear and her hoodie.
“Hum… Matt are you there?”, Jane asked worried putting her head between the slightly opened door and the wall.
“Yeah, what happened?”, Matt asked.
“Where do I put my clothes?”, Jane whispered sheepishly.
Matt laughed. “Put them in my bedroom. We’ll stop here later.”
Jane grabbed her clothes and put her underwear inside the hoodie so Matt wouldn’t see it.

They walked to the beach and laid the towels on the warm sand. There weren’t many people there.
"I missed you like crazy!", Jane said as she wrapped her arms around Matt's tummy.
"Then why didn't you talk to me?", Matt asked as he kissed her head. "Jimmy fucked up my brains so I would sing that song."
"I liked it. Wait, I loved it. And the song is beautiful.", Jane answered smiling.
"I wrote it for you.", Matt said as he kissed her softly and laid her on the sand. Jane giggled and refused to kiss him back.
“What?”, Matt asked.
“I don’t want to kiss you.”, Jane said smirking.
“Oh you don’t?”, Matt asked with a playful smile.
Jane shook her head as if she didn’t want to and grabbed a handful of sand. In the next moment she was rubbing it against Matt’s face and rolling on her towel laughing.
“You’re so dead!”, Matt said as he picked her up with her belly on his shoulder. She tried to escape, kicking in the air and punching Matt’s back but it was useless because he didn’t give up.
He ran with her inside the sea and dropped her. When she came back to the surface, Matt stared messing with her hair.
“Argh! You could have killed me!”, Jane said.
“I wouldn’t kill you!”, Matt said pushing Jane to his chest.

The water reached Matt’s chest and Jane’s neck, so he wrapped her legs around his waist, making her head level his. The water reached Jane’s chest now.
“I don’t believe you!”, Jane said resting her arms around his neck.
Matt smirked. “Do you want me to drown you again?”
“No!”, Jane yelled making everyone around look at them.
“Chill out!”, Matt said laughing. “You’re coming to my house tonight.”
Jane bit her lip and looked to his chest.
“What?”, Matt asked worried.
“Hum… Are you serious?”, Jane asked.
“Yeah.”, Matt said approaching his lips to hers. “Why?”
“I don’t know… I mean, you have your parents and your sister there…”, Jane answered.
“My mom doesn’t mind if I take people home. My dad’s not home for the whole week and my sister… I don’t give a fuck about what she thinks.”, Matt replied.
“You’re mean!”, Jane giggled. “She’s your sister.”
“She’s always bringing her friends over our house, so she doesn’t mind as well…”, Matt said as he kissed Jane.

They invited the other four guys for dinner at Matt’s house.
"Hey, mom!", Matt said as he opened the front door.
A lady came out of the kitchen and greeted him.
"Hello, Mattie! And...", she said looking at Jane.
"Jenny!", Matt said.
"Oh! You're Jenny!", Matt's mom said hugging her. Jane hugged her back and smiled.
"Jenny's staying here tonight.", Matt said.
Jane looked down sheepishly. “Matt…”, she whispered. “Your mom will be thinking I came here with only one purpose…”
“Mom, I don’t want you to think Jane came here so we could have a fun night.”
“Mattie!”, her mom yelled in shock and Jane’s face turned red.
"What? It’s true!", Matt said as the bell rang.
“The boys are here!”, Jane said.
Matt opened the door and the four guys entered the house loudly.
“Jenny!”, Jimmy shouted and hugged her lifting her from the ground. “Matt’s mom!”, he added and did the same thing to her.
They all went upstairs and entered Matt’s room. Jane’s phone rang and she picked it up. The five guys looked at her waiting for an explanation.

“What happened?”, Brian asked.
“Guys, dinner is on the table!”, Matt’s mom shouted but no one moved. They kept waiting for Jane to explain what the phone call was about.
“I’ll tell you tomorrow!”, Jane said provoking them.
“Guys!”, Matt’s mom shouted again.
“Don’t do that to us!”, Zacky pouted.
“Aw, you act like babies!”, Jane laughed.
Jimmy stood up. “Let’s EAT!”
They all laughed and Matt entwined his fingers with Jane’s.
“Is there something you want to tell me, Mattie?”, Matt’s sister asked as she left her room and saw him holding hands with Jane.
“Uh… This is Jenny.”, Matt answered.
“You’re Matt’s new girlfriend?”, she asked looking at Jane up and down. “You’re so much better than the last one! I’m Daisy.”, she added with a smile.
Jane smiled back and they went to the living room where the other four boys and Matt’s mom were already.

After dinner, the five guys went to Matt's room and played video games and the guitar. Jane and Daisy went to the backyard and started talking.
"So... Matt got you, huh?", Daisy asked smirking. Jane noticed she had dimples as well.
She was blond, tall and looked a lot like Matt. She was two years older but very friendly and outgoing.
"Yeah, I think...", Jane answered giggling.
"He can be a jerk at times, but he's nice.", Daisy said.
Jane smiled. "Why do you all hate his last girlfriend?"
"Because...", Daisy took a deep breath. "She was a backstabbing bitch!"
Jane looked at her with her eyes wide open.
"We never really liked her, but Matt fell for her, I don't know why. He did everything for her and she didn't care. She was always coming here and... Well, you know what I mean... She had what she wanted and left in the morning.", Daisy said. "None of us accepted her, not even Sophie who's the most friendly person you'll ever meet. One day Matt went to her house and she had... hum... a guest at her house. You already got it, didn't you? He saw they were busy and broke up with her. The next day she was crying and begging him to forgive her but luckily Matt didn't fell on that. Besides, she was kinda ugly, I don't get it what he saw on her."
Jane was shocked. She didn't know about that story.
"Matt told me he didn't like her anymore, that's why they broke up... And Sophie told me the same thing.", Jane said.
"Not many people know about this, just me, Zack, Johnny and Jimmy.", Daisy said. "I can say me and Matt are best friends too.", she added smiling and showing her dimples.
"Thank you for telling me.", Jane said. "I promise you I'm not like that!"
"I hope so!", Daisy said laughing.
Suddenly Jimmy appeared on the backyard and sat besides them.
"We're gonna go, it's already 4 in the morning.", Jimmy said.
"No! It's already late. You stay here! You know you can use the spare rooms!", Daisy said.
"Serious?", Jimmy asked.
"Of course, Jimmy! You guys are like family!", Daisy answered.
Jimmy hugged them and went inside to tell that to the rest of the guys.
Jane and Daisy followed him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I lost one subscriber, I'm sad... :(
Is the story getting boring? Problems will start to appear soon again...

About the Warmness on The Soul part, just imagine the song with the guitar chords replacing the piano. And to the ones who noticed that Jane's eyes were olive green and not hazel green, I didn't want to change the song or the story, sorry :P

What do you think the call was about? :)

Please, please, please comment! I have to know if the story is getting boring, few people read the last chapter... :(
Thank you for reading!