How Things Can Change

Revelations

In the morning, Jane went to her kitchen and prepared the breakfast to herself and Val.
She was still thinking about yesterday's night and she couldn't stop remembering Val sleeping all over Matt and Brian taking Michelle to his room.
She thought she shouldn't be worried about Brian and Michelle, but after what he did to Calleigh, she was afraid he would leave Michelle too. She knew Michelle had always liked Brian. She'd told her a few years ago, when Jane introduced her to him. She presumed the reason why she was feeling so strange about that, was because she cared too much about her friends and didn't want them to get hurt.
But she felt somewhat angry towards Val and Matt. Val knew Matt was Jane's boyfriend, and Jane never thought her friend would act like that with her friend's boyfriend. At least, Jane knew she would never do that to any of her friends' loved ones.
She sighed and passed a hand through her hand, finishing the food she was preparing. She heard Val climbing down the stairs and smiled at her.

"Good morning, Jenny!", Val said happily, kissing Jane's cheek.
"Good morning.", Jane smiled, carrying the pancakes to her kitchen's table.
"We're at our house... But I don't remember getting here...", Val said.
"Yeah... You fell asleep at Brian's.", Jane explained. "Matt carried you to the car and drove you here."
"Oh, really? I don't remember that...", Val said, making Jane nod. "He's a really cool guy."
"Yeah, I know... He's my boyfriend.", Jane shrugged.
"Where's Michelle?", Val asked, looking around.
"She might have spent the night at Brian's... In his room.", Jane answered.
"What!?", Val asked, surprised by that revelation. "Oh no... If they don't get along she's gonna be so sad..."
"I know... I'm kind of worried about this...", Jane sighed. "You know... I told you what happened between him and Callie..."
"Do you think he still likes you?", Val asked.
"No.", Jane shook her head, eating some of her pancakes. "You didn't tell Michelle about that, did you?"
"Of course I didn't!", Val assured, making Jane sigh in relief.
"Okay... But I don't think he still likes me..."
Val nodded and finished her breakfast.

"What will we do today?", Val asked.
"I was thinking about spending the morning with you and your sister... But she's not here, so I think it will be just me and you.", Jane answered, making Val nod. "When will you leave?"
"By night. After dinner.", Val answered.
Jane smiled and cleaned what she had messed in the kitchen. Val helped and when they were done they left to the beach.
They spent the morning talking and having fun and had dinner by a restaurant near the pier.
In the afternoon, the guys joined them and Michelle came with them.
She smiled at Jane and Val and they almost had to drag her out of Brian's side so they could talk with her.
"So? What happened?", Val asked, making her sister grin.
"Will you tell us what you two did?", Jane asked impatiently.
"We... Spent the night together...", Michelle answered.
"Did you two have...", Val said and Michelle cut her with a quick nod.
"I can't believe it!", Jane laughed.
"It's true...", Michelle smiled.
"But... You know we're leaving tonight...", Val said.
"I know... But he promised we'll keep in touch!", Michelle said.
"If he does the same thing he did with Callie... Just... Just try to forget him, okay?", Jane said, squeezing her shoulder.
"He won't do that... He promised things will be different this time!", Michelle answered.
"Okay. But you know that if anything happens you can count on us.", Jane said.
"I know! Thank you!", Michelle grinned.
"But tell us... How was it?", Val smiled.

They talked and got updated on everything they wanted to know until it was already dark outside. The twins had already everything they brought with them packed and were ready to leave. Val said goodbye to everyone and hugged Jane.
"It was really nice meeting you, Matt.", she smiled. "Remember that if you break Jenny's heart you'll have to deal with me!"
"Don't worry, I won't break Jenny's heart.", Matt smiled, kissing Jane's temple.
Jane smiled and looked down at her shoes. Matt gave her a confused look and said goodbye to the blonde twin.
Michelle also said goodbye to everyone and kissed Brian.
"Don't break your promise of keeping in touch this time...", Michelle said.
"Okay.", Brian nodded. "It was nice seeing you again."
"Yeah, I think it was amazing. I loved spending yesterday and today with you.", she smiled.
He smirked and she got in the car with Val.
They left and the guys went to Jane's house.
After a couple of hours they all left but Matt, who had to get some things straight with his girlfriend. When Zacky left they were finally alone.
Jane eyed him and tilted her head to the side.

"You're not leaving?", she asked.
"No.", Matt said. "We need to talk."
Jane gulped and nodded. She never liked this phrase. It often meant trouble was coming, and that was something she used to avoid frequently.
"What's going on?", Jane asked, slightly afraid of what Matt was going to tell her.
"Why are you acting like that with me?", Matt asked, looking at her with confusion and worry in his eyes. "Did I do something wrong?"
"I'm acting completely normal with you. I don't see what's wrong.", Jane lied. She knew she wasn't behaving like she usually did with him.
"No, you're not. Ever since yesterday's night you've been distant and you're not even talking to me.", Matt explained. "What did I do wrong, tell me?"
"I just... I just didn't like seeing Val sleeping all over you... That's all.", Jane answered his question.
"It's not just that, is it?", Matt asked, caressing her cheek.
"I don't like seeing you with other girls...", Jane added. "That's all."
"Jenny...", Matt sighed, sitting down on the couch and pulling Jane to his lap. "I'm with you... I love you. Just because I talk to other girls it doesn't mean I like them..."
"I know... But it's just... Nevermind.", Jane shook her head, looking down at her hands.
Matt grabbed her hands and looked at her.
"What happened between you and Val?", he asked.

Jane looked at him, confusion and curiosity running in her eyes. She wondered how Matt could read her so well and discover that she wasn't unsure of him, but of her best friend.
She blinked, still processing his question in her head, and sighed again.
"Well... You remember I told you I broke up with my boyfriend because we were young and I realized I didn't like him anymore?", Jane asked and Matt nodded. "Well... That's not true...", Jane answered and could feel some tears starting to form in her eyes.
"What happened, then?". Matt answered, with a worried tone of voice.
"You see... We went to this party. It was huge and everybody from our school was there. Will, my boyfriend, he was older than me... He was 17 at that time.
"Well... We'd been together for half a year that day. It was our 6th month anniversary and I was finally ready to take a step further on our relationship. But later that night, he was already drunk and so was Val.
"I didn't know where he was so I went upstairs and searched for him. I thought I heard his voice coming from of the bedrooms and walked towards there... But when I opened the door... I... I...", Jane's cheeks turned wet with the tears that were now falling.
Matt cleaned them with his thumbs and finished the sentence for her. "You found him fucking some random girl..."
"No...", Jane shook her head. "Val was on top of him and they were... He cheated on me with my best friend!", she kept crying.
"Did they see you?", Matt asked, holding her closer to him and placing her head on his chest. Jane shook her head.
"No... They didn't see me... On the next day I broke up with him and made up the excuse that we were young and I didn't like him anymore..."
"But what about Val?", Matt asked.
"She left the day after with Michelle. I didn't talk to her for quite some time and I kind of tried to forget what she did to me."
"But how could you forgive her?", Matt asked her.
"I never really did... I can't forgive her, I just can't. But I try not to remember what happened... That's why I was so scared to see her with you... I don't want to lose you like I lost Will!"
"That is only going to happen if I am like Will. And I'm not like him.", Matt said, clearing her cheeks again. "I wouldn't cheat on you... Ever. I know what that feels like."
"Daisy told me what happened between you and your last girlfriend...", Jane said, looking at him.
"She did?", Matt asked, not expecting an answer. He sighed and nodded. "Then you already know the story... It happened to you too. Hell, it was even worse. I can't imagine what I would do if it had happened with one of my best friends..."
"But I'm sad that you didn't trust me enough to tell me this... You lied to me...", Jane pouted.
"I know, babe... And I'm sorry... But it sucks to tell these kind of things to a girl..."
Jane chuckled a bit and nodded. "Just promise we'll be honest and tell all of our secrets from now on."
"I promise.", Matt smiled, kissing her lips.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!
I'm so so sorry for the long ass waiting for the update!
I'm kind of stuck with this story... I don't know what to do with it...

Anyway, I know I don't update this often, but I update my latest story frequently and I really like it.
I think you should give it a shot. I think it's much better than this. If you want to read it, here's the link: Vengeance Is A Syn
If you can't figure it out by the name it's a Brian/Zacky story. I'm really excited with writing it, so if you decide to read it let me know and leave it a comment. I really appreciate it! :)

For those of you that stuck with this story and are still subscribed to it even though I don't update it for months - thank you so much! ♥
I hope this is not as boring as I think it is, and I hope you enjoy it.
Thank you for reading! :)

And thanks to Kukilein, WhitneySheree, xmandiblesx and xMShadowSwag for leaving a comment! :)