How Things Can Change

Things Start To Change Again

'Thanks for the message :) Yeah, I'm feeling better right now, thanks. Jenny'
Jane sent Matt the text message after dressing up and having breakfast. She was still worried about Brian and she wanted to talk to him today.
'Great! :D That's how I like to see you. I'll meet you at school ;)'
'Why am I even talking to him? I have other things to take care! I really need to speak with Brian...', Jane thought before Louise arrived at her home.

Jane got out and they both walked to school.
"So... What a busy day, yesterday, huh?", Louise said.
"Absolutely! But I'm so worried about Brian, Liz...", Jane said concerned.
"But he only acts strange sometimes, right?", Louise asked.
"Yeah... I don't get it... Sometime's he's fine, the next minute he's like a different person...", Jane answered.
"When did he act like that?", Louise asked.
"Well... When I went to the bar with him on the first day, after I spotted Matt on the restaurant, when I called him yesterday and when he left the beach.", Jane answered.
"Damn it, Jenny! Can't you see the connection?", Louise said raising her hands to her head. She looked like she had discovered something.
"What?", Jane asked suspiciously.
"It's Matt! Whenever he acts that way it's because you're with Matt!", Louise said.
"Don't be silly, Liz!", Jane said frowning and not believing her.
Louise sighed and they walked to high school in silence.

"I'm gonna go meet Hannah. I'll see you in the classroom, okay?", Louise said.
Jane nodded and looked for Brian all over the school. She didn't find him anywhere, so she headed to her classroom - her class was nearly starting.
As soon as she got there she heard a teacher yelling at a student. She got outside so she could see what was going on.
"Get down, immediately!", the teacher said.
"Why? I'm not doing anything wrong!", a voice said. Jane knew that voice, but she couldn't find the person. Suddenly, she looked up and saw Matt sitting on a tall branch.
"I'm not going to repeat myself anymore, Matt Sanders!", the teacher said angrily. "Get down right now or I'll take you to the Principal's."
'What is he doing there?', Jane thought.

Louise came closer to Jenny, she wanted to know what was going on.
"Isn't that Matt?", Louise asked.
"Yeah...", Jane answered looking at him.
"What is he doing up there?", Louise asked.
"I have no idea!", Jane answered.
Suddenly, Matt looked down and saw Jane.
"Oh, hi, Jenny!", he said waving at her.
"Excuse me.", the teacher said looking at Jane. "Do you know him?"
"No... I mean, yeah... I mean, not really...", Jane answered confused.
As soon as Jane finished the sentence Matt was already on the ground walking towards her.

"There's no need to call the Principal, right?", Matt said smiling looking at the teacher.
"If I see you in any more trouble today, I'll have to do that!", the teacher answered angrily and then left.
Louise and Jane were staring at Matt confused.
"Good morning.", Matt said smiling as he turned around.
"Hey.", Jane and Louise said still confused.
"Why were you sitting on that branch?", Louise asked.
"I was having fun, before the teacher came and ruined it...", Matt answered showing his dimples.
Jane laughed.
"Whoa! I made you laugh!?", Matt asked surprised.
"I don't see a person sitting on a tree everyday!", Jane answered trying not to laugh.
"So... Is she your friend?", Matt asked looking at Louise.
"Yeah, she's Liz.", Jane answered.
"Hey, Liz!", Matt said as he greeted her.
Suddenly, the bell rang.

"Hum... We gotta go to classes right now, right?", Louise asked.
"Yeah...", Jane answered.
"I'll go with you.", Matt said. "My classroom is in the way."
"Liar!", Jane said smirking.
"What?", Matt asked blushing.
"I saw you turning back, on the other day, when you took me to my classroom. It's not in the way.", Jane continued.
Matt took his arm behind his neck, ashamed.
"But you can come with us, if you want to!", Louise said smiling and without taking her eyes off of him.
Matt smiled and nodded.
"You're mean.", Matt whispered to Jane.
"You deserve it!", Jane replied making Matt laugh.
"What's going on?", Louise asked.
"Nothing.", Jane answered.
"Oh, since you both were laughing I thought something was going on.", Louise explained.

"Okay, here we are.", Jane said as they arrived her classroom.
"I love it how you promised me you wouldn't talk to me again, but here you are, speaking with me!", Matt said smiling. He turned to Louise. "It was nice meeting you too.", he said as he kissed her goodbye on the cheek.
She entered the room and Jane followed her, but Matt grabbed her hand.
"What?", Jane asked.
"You always leave without saying goodbye!", Matt said pushing Jane towards him.
He put his arms around her waist, smiled and slowly approached Jane's lips. But before Matt could kiss Jane, Louise called her from the door with a serious look on her face. "Aren't you coming, Jane?"
Jane came back to reality dazed, pushing herself away from his hug.
"Yes, yes. I'm coming.", Jane answered.
Matt kissed her cheek and walked away.

During class Jane noticed Louise was lost in her thoughts. At a time, while she was thinking about what happened minutes ago, she received a text message from Brian.
'Hey... I'm sorry for yesterday... I was thinking if you'd like to come over my house for dinner. Let me know if you will, I'll pick you up at 8 if you want :) Brian'
'Thank god Brian says something!', Jane thought as she came back to reality.
'Of course I will :D I looked all over school for you but I couldn't find you :( I think 8 is perfect, I'm looking forward to it! Jenny'
As soon as the bell for the break rang, Jane went to the bathroom. She didn't want to see Matt after what happened. Louise followed her.

"Are you gonna stay here in the bathroom the whole break?", Louise asked.
"Hum... No, why?", Jane asked suspiciously.
"Nothing, nothing.", Louise answered.
Jane turned to Louise and stared at her.
"What?", Louise asked.
"You're acting strange...", Jane said.
"No, I'm not. I just don't see why you're in the bathroom.", Louise added. "You're not doing anything here, we could be out there."
'She's right... But I don't wanna meet Matt... And I can't tell her that, or else she'll start making up stuff I don't want her too...', Jane thought.
"Hum, okay. Let's go then...", Jane said against her will.
"Great!", Louise said smiling.
Jane didn't know why she was so happy. She tried not to meet Matt, but it was impossible.

"Look! Isn't that Matt?", Louise asked smiling.
"Yeah, it is...", Jane answered looking down.
Matt walked towards them with a smile on his face.
"You like Guns?", Matt asked referring to Jane's Guns n' Roses shirt. She wasn't wearing her jacket anymore.
"Yes, I do... They're one of my favorite bands...", Jane answered.
"Great! They're my favorite band!", Matt said with a big smile.
"They're one of my favorite bands too!", Louise added.
'What the... She doesn't even like them!', Jane thought. One thing she knew for sure... Her and Louise could have much in common, but not music taste. Louise liked Pop and Disco music, while Jane loved Rock and Metal.
Jane looked at Louise suspiciously. "My favorite song is Knocking on Heaven's Door!", Louise said.
"It's the only one you know!", Jane said laughing slightly making Matt laugh with her.
Louise gave her an angry look.
"What?", Jane whispered confused.

"I'm gonna go to the classroom.", she said. "I have some stuff to do."
"Oh, you're leaving already?", Matt said sadly. "You never spend time with me.", he added smiling.
"I told you I didn't want to spend any more time with you!", Jane said.
"But you did!", Matt said attacking her with his dimples.
"You're annoying!", Jane said trying not to smile.
Louise laughed loudly, making them both look at her.
"Then I'm gonna go as well...", Matt said. "See you later."
"Bye!", Louise said smiling from ear to ear and waving her hand in the air.

Jane walked to the classroom followed by Louise. 'She's acting so strange... Great, another one I have to talk to!', Jane thought.
She didn't pay much attention to the rest of the classes. She was always thinking about what happened in the morning and how much she wanted to see Brian and talk to him.
Finally it was 8, Jane was waiting for Brian to arrive and take her to his house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Things are changing!
Any comments and suggestions?
You can write them down on the comments, I don't bite! :P