How Things Can Change

Louise Is Different Now

Jane looked for Brian all over the school, she knew his classes only started one hour later. He was siting outside with some friends so she approached him silently and asked him if she could talk to him.
Brian noticed Jane's eyes were red, like if she was about to cry. "What happened, Jenny?", he asked worried.
"Can we go to a more private room?", Jane asked.
They headed to the bar that was nearly empty because almost everyone was having classes.

"Tell me what happened, Jenny. Please.", Brian asked.
"I'm sorry, Brian... I'm sorry for agreeing trying to see how things would work out between us...", Jane said with tears coming to her eyes. She tried to retain them as hard as she could. "I'm sorry, I don't want to hurt you."
"It's okay...", Brian said looking down. "I kinda of always knew things would never go on between us, it was actually a surprise for me when you accepted it, yesterday."
"I'm so sorry, Brian.", Jane said burying her head on her hands. "I don't know why but lately I only create problems!"
Brian held her hands and looked her in the eyes.
"Jenny, it's okay. I was ready for it.", Brian said. "Besides, having you as my best friend is too important for me to let go. Don't worry, for real. I don't want to lose you as my best friend, okay?"
Jane smiled slightly and apologized one more time.
"But this is not the only thing that's bothering you...", Brian said. "What else happened?"
'Thank god Brian knows me more than anyone.', Jane thought. 'He's right. He's also too important for me to let go.'
Jane told him about the argue she and Louise had minutes ago.
"She told you that?", Brian asked in shock.
"Word by word.", Jane answered.
Brian pushed Jane's head to his chest and stroke her hair.
"I'll try to figure it out why she said that...", Brian said trying to calm Jane down. "Even though I can't understand why she did it..."
He lifted Jane's head and cleared her eyes with his thumbs like Matt did before.
"Don't worry, okay?", Brian said smiling.
Jane took a deep breath, the conversation went on well. She headed to her classroom in time for the second class. Louise was still with the same look on her face.

A week passed and Louise and Jane still didn't talk to each other. Brian tried to talk to Louise and get her to speak with Jane again, but she didn't want to. He eventually stopped talking to her as he saw his efforts weren't working.
Jane spent much more time with Brian and Matt, she now only spent time with them and three of her classmates since Louise hung out with all of the rest of them, and Jane didn't really want to spend time in her company. Matt and Brian got to know each other and became friends, but deep inside, Brian still liked Jane.

Jane woke up with her mobile phone ringing. She'd received a text message from Matt.
'Good morning sleepy head :) I have an invitation for you! I'll be waiting for you in school.'
'Good morning, Mattie :) What is it? I'm curious! :D'
'I'll tell you in school, I'll be waiting for you in the garden ;)'
Jane prepared herself and waited for Brian to arrive at her house, they now went to school together since Louise and Jane's argument.
When Jane arrived at her high school she searched for Matt. He was sitting on the lawn listening to music on his iPod, lost in his thoughts.
Jane approached silently, trying to scare him, but her tentative failed when Matt turned around all of a sudden.

"Boo?", Matt said smiling.
"Fuck! I was gonna scare you!", Jane said pouting. She sat besides Matt, who was laughing.
"Aw, you're so adorable!", Matt said pinching Jane's cheeks and still laughing.
"Come on, tell me what was the invitation!", Jane said.
"Tomorrow night Jame's throwing a party at his house.", Matt said. "Do you wanna come?"
"But I don't even know him!", Jane answered.
"Half of the people that will appear there don't know him as well.", he added smiling. "Come on, I'll be there and I want you to go."
"I don't know...", Jane said.
"Please?", Matt asked attacking her with his dimples.
"I'll think about it...", Jane said.
"Oh, you'll think about it?", Matt said smiling and moving to the front of Jane. "You're going to the party even if I have to kidnap you!"
After saying that, Matt started tickling Jane's belly making her laugh.
"Stop it!", Jane said trying not to laugh. "Let me goooo!"
"No! Only if you come to the party with me!", Matt threatened still poking her.
"Okay, okay! I'll think about it!", Jane said trying to escape Matt's attack.
She pushed him, so he would stop, and he fell back while holding her, making Jane land upon him.
They kept laughing and then Matt looked at her in the eyes. He was holding her on her waist.
"I know I've told you this before...", Matt whispered smiling. "But you're beautiful!"
'Damn dimples! Damn deadly dimples! Why do you make everything hotter?', Jane thought.
She smiled and Matt approached his face to hers, but when he was about to kiss her the bell rang.
'Fuck it! Why do this things keep happening!?', Jane thought.
She suddenly stood up, confused, and looked at him.
"I... I... Hum... I've gotta go... to classes...", Jane said confused making Matt laugh.
"I wanna see you at the party tomorrow, okay?", Matt said smirking.
Jane nodded and ran to her classroom.

When the bell for the last class rung, Jane noticed Matt was outside her classroom. She got out and approached him.
"Hey, Jenny!", Matt said showing his dimples.
"Hey!", Jane replied. "What are you doing here?"
Before Matt could answer the question, Louise plowed through and put her arm around Matt's shoulder, ignoring Jane.
"I hope I see you in the party later, babe!", Louise said.
'What happened to her?', Jane thought.
Louise then looked at Jane and laughed loudly as she went away.
Jane stared at Matt.
"Be careful not to drool!", Jane said sarcastically.
"What?", Matt asked confused. "Jenny, are you jealous?", he added smirking.
"Of course I'm not jealous, you idiot!", Jane answered angrily making Matt laugh.
"Don't worry, I find girls wearing a hoodie and some jeans hotter than a dress that doesn't seem to fit them properly.", Matt said smirking.
He was referring to Jane and Louise. Jane was wearing a hoodie and jeans and her hair pulled on a pony tail, while Louise suddenly decided to wear a tight dress that was a size below of what she used to wear; which made Jane smile.
"What do you want?", Jane asked him again.
"I was just reminding you of the party. I want you to come, okay?", Matt said as he pushed Jane into a hug.
"I don't know...", Jane said.
"Please, Jenny! I'll be fun.", Matt said smiling. "And besides there will be free drinks!", he added arching his eyebrow. "No one says no to free drinks!"
Jane laughed and Matt kissed her forehead.

Jane was on her house and looked at her watch. The party had already started.
'What if I went to the party? I mean, nothing will happen if I go, right?', Jane thought when she was home. 'Besides, if Liz is going there's no problem if I go!'
She grabbed her house keys and left her house, walking towards Jame's house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey, guys!
What do you think about the developments in the story so far? :D

Are you enjoying it?
Please leave me a comment and/or a suggestion! They mean a lot to me! :)
Thank you!