How Things Can Change

The Party

Jane was wearing a black and white bikini, denim shorts, a gray tank top and sandals.
It was still day when she arrived at Jame's house. She glanced at her watch and saw that it was already 6pm. She saw Louise and her friends sitting on a big couch with a bottle of Vodka.
'They're already drinking? But it's still so early!', Jane thought.
Caleigh, one of Jane's friends that was already there, came to her, greeted her and told her that Brian and Matt were on the backyard in the pool.
Jane walked towards there and saw Brian inside the pool with three of Matt's friends.
As soon as Brian spotted Jane, he called her and she approached him on the border of the pool.

"Hey, Jenny!", Brian said smiling.
"Hey, guys.", Jane said to all of them even if she didn't know three of them.
"Come inside and join us!", one of them said in a very friendly way. He was extremely tall, with black hair and blue eyes.
Matt approached the group of friends that were in pool and then saw Jane. She smiled at him and he smiled back, making his lip ring shine thanks to the sunlight. She noticed his tattoo once again.
Jane took her clothes and was now only wearing her bikini. Matt stared at her but Jane didn't notice. She sat on the border of the pool, with only her legs inside the water.

"Come on in!", Matt said swimming in her direction.
"No... The water is cold...", Jane said.
"No it's not!", Matt said smiling.
"It is. Not for you, but for me!", Jane added.
Matt started to throw water in her direction making her laugh.
"Stop it! Stop it!", Jane said trying not to laugh.
"Okay, I'll stop. But only because you asked.", Matt said smirking.
He was now really close to Jane. He was standing up in front of her and his head was at the height of her nose. He put his arms around her waist and hugged her.
"You look great wearing a bikini, you know?", Matt whispered looking at her.
Jane blushed slightly.
"Thank you.", she said. "You look great in trunks, too."
Matt smiled and kissed Jane's neck.
Jane laid her arms round his neck and looked at his arm.
"Do you like tattoo's?", Jane asked.
"I love them.", Matt answered with a huge smile growing on his face. "I have another one in my leg."
"Really? I never noticed it!", Jane said surprised. "Not even when you wore shorts!"
"Yeah, that's because my beautiful face attracts all of your attention.", Matt said smirking.
"God, you're so full of yourself!", Jane said laughing as she drowned Matt with her hand.
"You're a dead girl, Jenny Sullivan!", Matt said smiling as he returned to the surface.
Jane tried to run away, but Matt was too fast and when she stood up, he was already out of the pool smiling at her. He picked up Jane in his arms and jumped inside the pool with her.

"Argh! I told you I didn't want to get inside! It's cold!", Jane said fixing her hair.
"I had to take revenge! You tried to drown me!", Matt said pouting.
"Aw, is poor Mattie sad?", Jane said laughing and pinching his cheeks.
"Yes, he is.", Matt said still pouting.
Jane laughed and stared at him making him laugh with her.
"You're crazy!", Jane said.
Matt smiled at her showing his dimples.
"Thank you!", he replied.
Matt wrapped his arms around Jane's waist and started kissing her shoulder softly, going up to her neck. He kissed her neck up and down making Jane feel butterflies all over her stomach again.
"Ma...att...", Jane said slightly pushing him away. "Hum... Shouldn't we... Hum... Go meet... your friends or something...?"
"Yeah... Yeah, yeah. Sure.", Matt said getting back to his reality. "They're over there."
They swam towards the group of friends and Matt introduced them to Jane.

"These are Jason and Matt Berry", he said pointing to the two brothers. "This is Jimmy. You both share the same last name", he said pointing to the friendly guy who spoke with her before. "And you know Brian."
"I'm Jenny!", Jane said smiling at all of them.
"Oh, so you're Matt's girlfriend!", Jason said.
"What?", Matt and Jane yelled at the same time confused making all of them laugh.
"I was joking! But Matt tells us a lot about you!", Jason added smirking.
"I hope he doesn't say bad things about me...", Jane said looking at Matt frowning.
"Well... He told us about how you met...", Jimmy said. "It was an interesting way to try to keep him away from you, by the way!"
Jimmy had a slight lisp that made Jane laugh.
"Don't you laugh at me!", Jimmy said smiling. "Don't you laugh at the artist!"
Everybody started laughing. Matt hugged Jane from behind without the others notice and they all talked for a couple more hours.
"Hey, guys. It's getting dark... Shouldn't we leave the pool?", Jane asked.
"Yeah, it's starting to get cold...", Brian added.
They all left the pool, dried themselves on their towels and put on some dry clothes.

Jane walked with Brian inside the house so she could get something to eat, but they were surprised when they saw Louise making out with a complete stranger in one of the living room's couches.
"What happened to her?", Brian asked as he shook his head.
"She's so different now...", Jane said.
Jane got a slice of pizza and walked back to the backyard where James was playing some music and people were dancing.
Later, she joined the people that were dancing and Eric, Louise's ex-boyfriend approached her. She could tell he had been drinking before.
He put his hand on her hip and blinks at her.
"Hey Jenny!", he said but she tried to push him away. "Don't run away from me. You know I think you're hotter than Liz!"
"Shut up and let me go, Eric!"
As she finished saying that he slapped Jane's ass and approached her, trying to kiss her, but Matt entered the backyard on that moment and started running in their direction.

"What are you doing, motherfucker?", Matt asked angrily as he punched Eric right in the middle of his face.
Eric took his hand to his nose, that was bleeding. Matt was really protective about his friends, and Jane wasn't just a friend to him. Besides, he was known for always getting into trouble like this, and he knew how to beat a person badly.
"What the fuck, dude?", Eric said angrily, trying to punch Matt. But Matt was faster and punched him in the stomach, making him fall.
"Stop it Matt!", Jane yelled.
Everyone was watching them fight.
"You're fucking disgusting, dude!", Matt said kicking him. "Don't you ever come close to Jenny again, do you hear me, motherfucker?"
"I didn't do anything!", Eric said nearly crying and standing up.
Jimmy and Jason ran to Matt, trying to hold him and Brian held Eric who was trying to beat Matt.
"Let me go!", Matt yelled to Jimmy and Jason, but they kept holding him. He then looked at Eric. "You want more? Come at me, bro!"
"Calm down, dude!", Brian said looking at Matt.
"Stop! Matt, please stop!", Jane yelled.
Matt managed to release his arm from Jason and punched Eric again, but Jason grabbed his arm tighter and Brian ordered Eric to go away and don't come back.
Louise arrived at the backyard stumbling, due to all the alcohol she had already drunk and saw Eric's nose. She looked at the two guys holding Matt and then Jane trying to calm him down.
"What did you do to Eric?", Louise yelled as she approached Jane.
"What? I didn't do anything!", Jane answered.
"He's bleeding from his nose!", Louise kept yelling. "What did you do?"
"That motherfucker was trying to kiss Jenny!", Matt said angrily.
Louise looked at her irritated.
"Why did you let him do that?", Louise asked. "You liked it? Huh?"
"Of course, not! You know I hate him! And I didn't even kiss him, okay?", Jane replied. "And don't you come talking to me like that! I saw you in the living room a while ago. A stranger? Honestly, Liz... I never thought you'd go that low!"
Jane left the backyard and James grabbed the microphone.
"Whoa, whoa. Guys, this wasn't supposed to happen... Let's just forget this and continue with the party, okay?", James said.
Everyone cheered and started dancing again.
"You're gonna pay for this one, Jenny...", Louise grinned.

Brian walked to the front garden and saw Jenny sitting on the sidewalk. He sat beside her.
"I thought you'd like some of these...", Brian said putting his drinks next to them.
Jane grabbed one of them and smiled.
"Thanks, Bri.", Jane said.
"Look... Don't worry about Liz, okay?", Brian said with his arm around her shoulders. "Matt is searching all over the house for you."
Jane nodded.
"You like him, don't you?", Brian asked. "I saw you on the pool, before you joined us."
Jane stopped for a moment and thought. 'I don't want to tell him... I know he still likes me and I don't want to hurt him anymore...'.
"You can tell me, it's okay.", Brian said smiling.
"I think I do...", Jane said quietly. "I mean... I feel different around him."
"Like if you had a sudden attack of happiness when you're around him?", Brian asked smirking.
"Yeah...", Jane answered laughing.
They sat there for some time and drank everything Brian brought with him.
"I think we should go inside.", Brian said. "You're already a few drinks deep!"
"Yeah, it's better!", Jane agreed. She was already starting to see everything spinning.

When she entered the living room she saw Matt was sitting in the couch with his friends watching TV and he looked like he was already a few beers deep as well. Louise saw her coming in and walked against her, hitting Jane's shoulder.
She headed to the couch and sat on Matt's lap.
"Get out of here, bitch!", Matt said pushing her away.
Jane smiled at Matt's attitude.
"Don't be like that, babe. The night's still young!", Louise said getting back to his lap and turning her face to his. In the next second she was kissing him in front of Jane.
Jane felt tears forming on her eyes and went away.

----- * Matt's Mind * -----


"Get off of me!", I said as I pushed Liz away.
I saw Jenny running away with tears in her eyes. I couldn't believe that this happened... Now that things between me and Jenny were starting to move on...
"You only know how to cause problems, don't you?", I asked angrily.
"Oh, come on, babe. Don't tell me you didn't like it!", Liz added.
"I didn't like it a single bit... And your breath stinks in case you didn't know.", I said as I walked away.
I looked all over the house for Jenny but I couldn't find her.

----- * End of Matt's Mind * -----


It was now late and Jane had fallen asleep. The same thing happened to Matt. The house was much more silent now. People started to leave and the music stopped.
Brian picked Jane up and put her in his car. He did the same thing to Matt with Jimmy's help. They became great friends that night.
He drove them into his house and let Matt sleep in his couch.
He took Jane to his spare room and laid her on the bed. Jane woke up but pretended to still be sleeping.
Before leaving the room, Brian turned back and approached Jane.
He stroked her hair and kissed her lips softly.
"I still love you, Jenny.", Brian whispered thinking she was still asleep.
He then left the room and went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry, guys! This chapter his huge! :S

I hope you enjoyed it! I'm sorry for those of you who wanted the party to go well, but some problems had to occur, right? ;)

Please leave a comment! I don't bite! :D
Thank you for reading!