Status: Hiatus...for a while.

Thought I Was Gone? Big Mistake. -A

"A" didn't say

Everything was perfect.

All four girls were going to the five year reunion. Emily was bringing Freya along with macaroni salad. Aria was coming alone, with some hotdogs wrapped in biscuits. Spencer, Toby, and Bentley were bringing peaches with cool whip and jell-o. Hanna, her unborn kiddo, and Caleb were coming with some strawberries and chocolate.

They’d all called each other happily as they told them what was going on in their lives.

“Aria, he walked! He truly walked to Toby for the first time. And I was actually their!” Spencer said excitedly over the phone. She was sitting on the couch in her ratty jeans and in her cutoff tank top with her hair in a messy bun. “Spence, that’s fantastic. His name’s Bentley right?” Spencer smiled as she looked down at the imitation of Toby that was lying on the floor playing with foam cars. “Yeah.” Spencer paused as she shifted her weight. Suddenly her cell phone beeped, signaling an update on something. “Aria, I’ll see you soon, ok?” Aria smiled as she looked over at her husband who was lying on the couch sleeping. “Sure, Spence. Love you.” “Love you too!”

Hanna had agreed to meet Aria for lunch with Caleb. Caleb had driven. He’d finally agreed to put on the clothes that Hanna had laid out for him. A pair of dark jeans and a button down shirt. Hanna was wearing a brown maternity shirt with black leggings and a stretchy doctor approved (most doctors apparently did not like mother’s wearing jean skirts?) jean skirt. She looked cute. Like always. Hanna had told Aria about the pregnancy whenever she got knocked up. She hadn’t really talked to Emily or Spence. So…nobody except her knew. Aria was actually very excited for Hanna.

Emily had rolled lazily over on her sleeping girlfriend. Freya was lying on the bed her brown hair in a tangled mess. “Frey, wake up.” Emily said sweetly as she climbed out of the bed. “Shut up, Em!” she said tiredly. “If you get up, I’ll take us out to breakfast at that little diner you love.” Emily bribed. Em really just wanted to get out of the house. “Mario’s” Freya’s head lifted. “Yeah. Get up. Get dressed. Get pretty.” Emily pranced out of the room and into the bathroom. She got into her outfit that she had laid out the night before. She had picked out jean shorts with pink leggings to go underneath and then a white t-shirt with big words that said “I LOVE YOU!”. She slipped on a pair of pink flip flops. She applied her usual makeup. Freya was ready whenever Emily walked out-she was wearing blue overalls and a black sleeved shirt with cute pumped orange shoes. Mismatched, yet cute on her.

Spencer had picked up the little boy. He had squirmed a little, because he wanted to get out. Spencer was so excited whenever she saw it was a text message from Toby. She was ultimately excited whenever she saw what it said.

Spence, meet me at the park. Bring Bentley. Wear something nice. <3 LU

Spencer ran to her room (super careful-she had Bentley) and dug through her closet. She pulled out a strapless white sun dress. She slipped it on and then looked through and found a pair of 4” yellow heels. She also grabbed a yellow Aero bag and threw the heels in. She slipped on a pair of UGG boots so she could drive in them. She then applied some light yellow eye shadow and some pastel pink lipstick to her lips. She grabbed her son and took him to his room. She looked through his closet and finally found a pair of brown sweatpants and a blue sweatshirt with brown lettering that said ‘Daddy’s Bud’. She brushed his hair then put his little brown sneakers on. She picked him up and put him on her hip. Time to go see daddy.

Caleb helped Hanna out of the car. They walked into the small diner called “Mama’s Home Cooking.” Hanna could see Aria sitting in a booth with her iPad out and a cup of Hot chocolate. Caleb grabbed Hanna’s hand as they walked into the diner. They both sat down in the booth next to Aria. Surprisingly, Hanna’s stomach fit perfectly-she felt comfortable too. She placed a hand on her stomach as she felt the baby kick.
“Hey, Han.” Aria said as she turned off her iPad and looked at the happy couple. “Hi Caleb.” Caleb smiled at Aria who was wearing a black dress that went almost past her knees. She had spiced it up with neon green tights and black boot heels. She had curled one side of her hair and had straightened the other. It was weird, but kind of cute. She had put a small neon green barrette in her hair.

“You look cute, Aria.” Hanna said as she picked up a menu. She skimmed over all of the baby healthy things-Hanna Rivers was determined to make this pregnancy very healthy. Throughout all of her cravings-she’d only given into the healthy ones; peanut butter with a tablespoon of honey on watermelon; bananas with (non spicy) green peppers; a cup of low fat chocolate milk with cherry licorice(ok, not so healthy licorice). Next pregnancy, she said whenever she craved Oreo cookies with peanut butter, she would make it fun. Well, as fun as morning sickness, strange cravings, and stretch marks could get. Oh, and don’t forget the peeing in your pants because you’re too lazy to get up (Friends reruns were on!).

Spencer had turned on the farm classics CD whenever she got into her car. They arrived at the park, where Spencer switched her ratty yellow flip flops for her 4” heels onto her feet. She got Bentley out of his contraption of a car seat and held his hand. She took her hair out of the ponytail with one hand. She slammed the door and Bentley and her walked to the grass. She didn’t see Toby. Figuring he wasn’t their she took Bentley over to the swing set. She sat down on a towel that she had brought along on the swing and put Bentley on her lap. They swung slowly on the swing set. She kissed the top of Bentley’s head. She loved his brown hair and his little fingers. She loved him. He was beautiful.

The park started clearing out. Actually it was really weird, because the park was usually filled with teenagers making out in bushes, 40 year old mothers playing with 5 year olds, college students doing extra credit with a hot teacher, and numerous other things. But the park actually started clearing out. Spencer almost got up because maybe they were building something in the park or something. But then she saw Toby in a black suit. His hair was straight, and had a slight wave to it as it descended into his bangs. He was cute. Spencer gasped. He was carrying a picnic basket.

“Toby?” She asked breathlessly as he came right up to her. She stood up on her 4” heels-since Toby was tall, she was about ½ an inch shorter than he was. “Toby? What…what’s going on?” Toby gave a small crooked smile. “Take the heels off.” Spencer looked at him. “Take them off, Spence.” Spencer obeyed. “Toby-seriously, what’s going on?” “Spencer, I just wanted to do something special. It is after all-our anniversary.”

Emily and Freya walked up the blue walkway next to each other to Freya’s favorite breakfast restaurant. “Thank you Emmy.” Freya said as she opened the door. The smell of bacon hit Emily. Bacon…. Emily, unlike Freya, was very careful about her diet. Emily was a swimmer, and had to keep her cravings under control. Bacon? Out of the question as of now. They sat down at a booth. Freya smiled at her girlfriend as she flipped the menu open.

“Em, what are you getting?” “Whole wheat pancakes with 1% milk.” Emily answered sighing as the people in a table across from them got the juicy sausage. The grease was practically squeezing out from it. It looked yummy.

“Boring.” Freya decided as she giggled at what she was getting. “I’m getting sausage with pancakes the size of my head, extra syrup and a diet coke.” Emily looked at her like she was crazy. “Hello? I’ve got plans for a scary movie marathon with Ali and Luke.” Luke and Ali were some of Freya’s gay besties. “Energy needs to be high.” Emily sighed. She wished she wasn’t on a tight schedule. “Do you want to come?” Freya asked. “I might stop over later. What’s on the menu?”

The Menu, being the place, the times starting and ending, the movies, etc. The menu.

“It’s at Ali’s.” Freya began as she took out her prized possession, a hot pink sharpie. She grabbed a diner napkin and scrawled on it, Ali’s. “We’re watching Chainsaw Massacre, Paranormal Activities 1,2,and 3,Mr.Bean as a calm down, and we’re having snacks all day. We might rent more movies depending on if Ali’s boss calls in and tells her she has to work tomorrow.” Emily smiled. “That sounds fun. I’ll cancel swimming with David.”

Freya grinned. “YES! Ms. All work and no play, is coming to stay!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you enjoyed. Sorry it took so long!