Gryffindor.

005

Sophia was making her way towards the North Tower when she heard a familiar boy call her name, she turned to the sound and nodded her head off towards Harry, "Oh, Hello Harry."

Harry's face was filled with a big smile, "Come with me, I've got a surprise!" He grabbed her delicated hand and pulled her towards the entrance of the paved courtyard.

She stumbled along the way as she tried to keep up with his feet, "Where are you taking me? You know I dont like surprises." She tried to make her voice stern.

Harry slowed down and turned to face her, "Close your eyes, Sophia."

His smile worried Sophia, she cocked her head, with her chest rising from running, "Why? What are you going to do?' She coughed and tightened to her robes. Even though winter was almost over, the cold spell kept its peak.

He rolled his eyes impaitently, "Please. I promise you'll like it."

"Harry! Just tell me what your doing!" She placed her hands on her hips and stared hard into his eyes.

He shook his head and went behind her and placed his hands over her eyes, "Okay, I'm going to guide you outside. Just please cooperate." He led her into the quad and stopped several times for causing Sophia stumble over broken cobble stones.

Sophia sighed in frustration, "Harry, your not a very good guide."

Harry nodded, "I know, I know. I can hardly see." He removed his hands to show Hagrid, Hermione, and Ron standing in the middle of the quad.

She was confused and beyond upset, "What's going on?"

Hagrid waved, "Ello ther Sophia. How ar you be feelin after Ardens?Holdin up er okay?"

The name of Ardens stung her chest and she coughed again from the cold, "Um, I'm doing okay. I suppose." She hugged her robes and coughed again, a little more violently so.

Hagrid's eyes widened, "Alright now. Les git this thin over with. Sophia her has a bit of a nasty cough. Go ahead."

Ron glumly stepped forward and handed her a picture of a beautiful Snowy Owl, "Because of Malfoy's stupid bird, we all felt bad that Ardens couldnt defend himself properly and that your Owl-Less and-"

"-Ron!" Hermione scolded him, "Anyway, Sophia. We all thought since you dont have an Owl or well Harry thought, we should all pitch in to get you a new one. But, Hagrid found out and he wanted to help to."

Hagrid blushed, "Oh, no. I wars jus helpin out, thats all. But that Owl in that piture is a really good one, she is. Hedwig's twin sistir. Yup, picked her up when I gots Harry his Owl. She'll take a few days to get here. But, in all honesty. It was all Harrys idea."

Sophia examined the picture and smiled, "She's beautiful." She faced Harry and hugged him, "Thank you so much, Harry. Nobody's ever dont something this nice before. Your truly a great friend, and I'm glad that I have you." She coughed again and stuck the picture in her pocket, "Thanks you guys. But, I'm going to go see Madam Pomfrey about this nasty cold. See you guys later in the common room!"

Image

"But, Madame Pomfrey?!"

Madam Pomfrey shook her head and pushed Sophia back down on the bed, "No, m'am. You have a case of the coughs. Sadly enough, there are no cures with magic. So you'll just have to lay in bed and suck on these lozenges, dear."

Sophia sat up once more, "But, I have classes to attend."

She strictly shook her head, "No, Sophia. I'll have the Headmaster know you are sick and he will have your brother give you your books and assignments." She pulled her wand out from underneath Sophia's tongue and whispered off a spell and the numbers came sprawling out from the tip, 101.3. She shook her head at the numbers.

"I'm honestly okay! See-" Sophia violent coughs got the best of her and after her two minute cough attack, she could barely speak, "See...."

Madame Pomfrey laughed, "Ha. Child, you are not better. Get some rest." She walked off muttering, "Most children would make the most of it."

Sophia groaned, what was she supposed to do for the next few days. She had to help Harry with the stone. How could she help him. Her wandering thoughts eventually led her to sleep. She woke up to her violent coughs again and she sat up. "Madam Pomfrey?"

There was no answer and the hospital wing was more silent than normal. She heard creaking and it scared her; it wouldnt have if it wasnt so dark. "Hello?" She leaned forward and the doors of the wing were shut, she shrugged and leaned a little bit more and the doors busted open, she screamed and hid under the blankets causing her to go into a coughing fit.

Madame Pomfrey sighed in frustration, "Oh, put Potter there. Sophia here." She reached for the side table and handed her the nasty lozenge Sophia was supposed to take every so often.

The sound of Potter she looked out from underneath the sheets and found her friend laying limp on the bed, "Harry! Is he alright? What happened?"

The Headmaster folded his hands and shook his head, "I'm sure when he wakes tomorrow, he wil tell you all about it. Now you take your lozenge and fall back asleep. Madame Pomfrey and myself have matters to discuss." They both walked out in sync and left Harry and Sophia alone in the dark.

Sophia climbed out of bed and stroked his hair, "I hope you got the stone, Harry." She kissed his head and climbed into her own and dozed off with the taste of her lozenge.
♠ ♠ ♠
I changed what Sophia looked like.
feedback on the story? And/or the new look of Sophia.
I wanted the innocent look.

andddd sorry for the late update.
thunderstorms and cheep internet box thing a migs.
gotttttta love em.