Would You Love Me?

Coffee and a Chat

Diggy and I walked outside with our drinks so we could sit and enjoy the weather. As we made our way down the walk way, she bumped into someone and spilled her coffee on him. I watched as the two “argued,” if you could call it that, about how cold it was. Every now and then, I would add in my two cents.

“He really is fine,” I heard a voice beside me say. Startled I looked towards the source of the sound to find an incredibly attractive man beside me. He had this blond hair with black bangs and amazing blue eyes.

“If you say so,” I said. “Just a heads up, she’s gonna argue for like five more minutes before giving up.”

“Speaking from experience?”

“Something like that,” I said and took a sip of my coffee.

“Ahh, okay. Well once she stops would you like to find a table?”

“Weren’t you going in for coffee?”

“I was, but Brad can get it for me. He knows what I usually get. So, what do you say? Wanna go sit down so Brad and I can get to know you and your friend better?”

“Sure,” I said and looked towards Diggy. She and Brad seemed to be transfixed by each other. I waved my hand in from of her face. “Yo! Ground control to Diggy! Ground control to Diggy! Anyone in there?”

“Oh, yeah.Uhmmm, I need more coffee so I’m just gonna go make another order,” she said.

“Okay, I’m gonna go find us all a table, all right?”

“Yeah, see you in a few, Courtney,” she said.

“I also need to make an order. Johnny, why don’t you and Courtney go find a table. You want your regular?” Brad asked. “That way we can all get to know each other better.”

“Yessir!” Johnny said and mock saluted.

“Allrighty then,” I said, “let’s go find a table.”

“So, I’m surprised your friend took that so well, most people would have bitched her out.”

“Brad’s not like that. He’s one of the most chill guys I know. That is unless you threaten his family, friends, or life. Not only that, but he might have the slightest crush on your best friend.”

“Really now? Well, I happen to know that Diggy has a slight crush on your friend Brad. It also might help to know that if he does in fact wind up dating her and he hurts her, I WILL hang him up by his balls on a cactus and then feed him to a mountain lion.”

“Good to know. If I may ask, why was Diggy so adamant about paying for the dry cleaning?”

“That’s just how she is. She will always be adamant about something she thinks is important, be it important to her, or to someone she just met.”

“Well, that certainly got Brads attention. I think he likes her more for it. This table good?”

“Yeah, it should be fine. So tell me a little about yourself.”

“Well, I’m 26, male, straight, my favorite colors are red, black and blue, I don’t like wearing shirts, and I’m in a band called Get Scared. You?”

“I’m 24, female, straight, and I’m a translator who just so happens to be in a band as well. We’re called Archangels. My favorite colors are red, black, blue, and purple. Do you really not like wearing shirts?”

“No, I don’t mind clothes, but everyone feels the need to tell me that they think I don’t like shirts.”

“Okay then. What’s your favorite animal?”

“Hmmmm, I’m gonna say the Siberian husky. You?”

“It’s a tie between the panda bear and the white Siberian tiger.”

“That’s cool. What’s your favorite movie? And I count a series as one.”

“Oh jeez, I have like 10 favorite movies.”

“I’ll settle with five.”

“Okay, I love Grease, Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas (NBC), the HP series, Sweeney Todd, Coraline, and Moulin Rouge. Your favorite five?”

“You gave me six, and Sweeney Todd, Edward Scissorhands, NBC, The Dark Knight, and Blues Brothers.”

“You named my other favorite movies. What’s your favorite food?”

"Really? My favorite food is lasagne, my favorite type, however, is Chinese.

"Be still my heart! You and I have a lot in common."

"It would appear so."

"Hey guys, we're back!" Diggy announced as she and Brad neared the table.

"Hey, welcome back. Johnny and I were just playing 20 questions while you were getting more coffee." I said.

"Really? I have a better idea," Diggy said, "tonight let's go out for drinks -"

"Oh no, I know where you're going with this and it is NOT going to happen!"

"Where's she going with this?" Brad and Johnny asked simultaneously.

"Shot game of Never Have I Ever." I answered.

"Oh deer God no!!!!" Johnny exclaimed.

"Come on, it could be fun." Brad said.
♠ ♠ ♠
So yeah, completely pulled this outta nowhere. I know the dear in "deer god" is spelled wrong, I did that on purpose. Other than that, any comments questions or concerns? Any and all answers from Johnny were figments of my imagination. Hope you liked it. Please don't be a silent reader! Diggy, it's your turn!