‹ Prequel: A Heart Like That
Status: Coming Soon

Take This To Heart

A love struck Romeo sings the streets a serenade

Tonight was going to be kickass.

I could feel it. I was on tour with a group of my best friends in the entire world, I had a beer in my right hand, and we were in a club in Las Vegas. Life couldn’t get any better than this.

Being on tour was one of my favorite things. Party after party, hangover after hangover, show after show and I never got tired of shit. It was all routine at this point. Fuck we had been doing this crap for years, ever since the band got out of high school. I would feel weird if I wasn’t on a tour bus more than two thirds of the year.

There were a few downsides to leaving home. My family was back in Baltimore along with everything I knew. Juliet was there.

I sighed at the thought of her and let the beer crash into my lips. Now I needed to get laid. I wasn’t about to sit here and ponder about her all night. Vinny and I would have a heart to heart about love lost some other time.

Even the thought of Jules left a burning in my head. Quickly I shook the feeling off and grabbed Alex’s wrist, leading him to the dance floor.

“You gonna get laid bro?” Alex whispered in my ear.

I laughed as I took a shot from a waitress walking by. “Fuck yeah.”

I was about to ask Alex the same question, but I already knew the answer. Over at the bar talking to her friends was the bitch of the century, Colleen. She smirked over at me and I tried to muster up a smile. But there was something about that fucking girl that made me dislike her. At the moment, I resented that fact that she was here and Jules wasn’t. Even though this was our first tour without Jules and I had the free card to man whore around as much as my dick pleased, at least she was better company than fucking Colleen. That girl had something up her ass since the day I met her.

“See anybody you like?” Alex asked me as I shook my head.

I was ready to shake my head and tell him no, just like every other night. I was ready to get head from some random drunk chick in this crowd. Anything, really. There was no one here that caught my eye in any special way. Fuck, no one did except for one person.

Suddenly, I saw another girl. Her face looked familiar. It was structured beautifully, and I loved this glint in her eye. She leaned over and laughed with one of her friends and I stopped moving completely. Her smile was great. Other than that though, it was a fantastic set of boobs and blonde hair that sent me a stiffy. She was the complete opposite of Jules.

“Ah,” Alex said nodding and laughing to himself. “You know who that is right?”

“Should I?”

Alex nodded. “That’s Annie. Annie Jackson? You know, the model.”

“Model…?” I questioned.

“Not just a model.” A smirk spread across Alex’s face. “She’s in playboy.”

Suddenly my eyes shot up as I nodded, my pupils growing wider and wider. I knew exactly who this girl was.

“You gonna go talk to her?” Alex asked.

“Talk to who?” A voice butted in. I sighed and shook my head as two of my friends approached me.

“Jack likes Miss Playboy over there.” Alex smirked.

Evan nodded in the dorky way he did everything. “I see.”

“She’s your type.” Thanks for that Matt.

I took a long sip of my beer and shook my head as Annie laughed again at one of her friends.

“I probably won’t talk to her though,” I shook my head, “she’s got an entourage and shit.”

Matt nodded as Alex rolled his eyes. “Grow a pair."
“Leave my balls outta this.”

“Jacky has a crush.” Evan taunted me as I shot him a glance, causing him to shut up. Now he’d most likely get me back by shutting my mic off in the middle of my sentence at tomorrow night’s show. Bastard.

“What the fuck do you have to lose?” Matt said, leaning in so just I could hear him. “Jules isn’t here. Go for it bro.”

I nodded quickly, noticing Annie getting out of her booth at the corner and walking to the bar. Matt was right, Jules wasn’t here to distract me or make me rethink anything. She was at school. Annie and her were so different. She had the longest fucking legs I had ever seen. Her body made my jeans go tight right then and there. I moved quickly, dodging through my group of friends and making my way to the bar.

Slowly I went next to her as she ordered a drink, her cleavage on full display.

“Jack and coke.” She said, her voice raspy and sweet.

The bartender turned to me. “Uh I’ll have uh, the same.”

He nodded, eyeing me like I was a retard before going off. I felt like a retard.

“You’re new here, aren’t you?” Annie said, turning to me.

“I uh,” I stuttered, taking a breath. “I’ve been here before but I don’t like live here. So kind of, I guess.”

“Well I haven’t seen you here before.”

I nodded my head. “Yeah, I uh, I tour a lot of the year.”

“No way!” Her eyes lit up. “You’re in a band? That’s so cool. What do you do?”

Being in a band always scored me major points. I smiled at her, not being able to take my eyes of her boobs.

“I play guitar.” I got out.

“Wow, that’s sexy.”

I was kind of taken aback by her forwardness. My mouth moved but no words came out. Fuck, they were practically watering over her huge tits.

“I’m guessing you’re a boobs guy?”

Again with the forwardness.

“I uh,” I laughed a little. “Yeah.”

“Well I like scruffy band guys so fuck, look like we both scored. I’m Annie.”

This was easier than I had initially had thought. I smiled, holding out my hand as she shook it.

“Jack.”

There was something about the way I shook her hand, a small tingle I got up and down my body. It was a tingle somewhat like Juliet’s, but a little different.

“Want to dance?” I asked.

She nodded, grabbing my hand and dragging me into a group of people dancing. Annie danced around me, moving her hips. It didn’t take long for us to start grinding pretty heavily, my fingers intertwined with hers as we swayed and my hands felt her ass. Fuck she was hot. I noticed my group of friends staring at me.

Vinny nodded, holding up his glass as I shook him off. Annie kept me pretty fucking busy.

“Want me to take care of that?” Annie whispered in my ear, pointing to the bulge in my skinny jeans.

Who was this girl? I smiled enthusiastically, nodding. Usually I had to convince girls to do that shit myself. But Annie made all the normal relationship crap pretty easy. She took my hand past my friends, Alex patting my back as Annie walked off to say something to her friends.

“Look at you, bro!” Vinny said, patting me on the back.

“Nice.” Evan agreed.

I smiled as Matt nodded my way. “You look happy.”

“I am.” I laughed.

“I haven’t seen you smile that big since Juliet.”
♠ ♠ ♠
a few things to note:
*I am very aware this is short, and chapters for this will be longer. This is just the start of it, to get the ball rolling.
**This is set in more of a present time frame. So now-ish, but I'm kind of putting my own spin on things. Please don't tell me I have to remind you this is a work of FICTION and nothing more, thought up in my pretty little head.
***I will not, I repeat NOT, posting this on a regular basis as of now. I have a lot to do the next few weeks, so late August early September it will start to get regular. But I'll probably update her and there.
****The way I am doing chapters with this one is one will be Jack's POV (obviously this one) and the next one will be Jules. And it will go back and forth. If you read my John Ohh fic, it will be JUST like that.
*****Lastly, this fic is based off a cover song by the Killers called Romeo & Juliet. It's one of my absolute favorites and it fits the original story and this one so well. You can listen to that here. I really suggest you do, it's a great song!

Because of the inspiration, I am basing my chapters off the way one of my favorite authors, BUSTANUT. Read her fics, now. They are my favorites and she is fantastic. So I just wanted to cred her for the way I am going to be doing my chapters.

So now that shit is out of the way, I would like to give you all a huge THANK YOU. This story already has a great number of subscribers and it makes me very, very happy and feel very encouraged.

Hope you're all as excited as I am!