‹ Prequel: A Heart Like That
Status: Coming Soon

Take This To Heart

Come up on different streets, they both were streets of shame.

Jack.

I had really never hated my life as hard as I did right now.

And the thing was, that I really should not be so fucking upset. I was currently lying in my bunk, a very naked playboy model next to me, and living in a very quiet bus. As it looked, my life seemed like the shit.

But as the door to the bus clanked open, I knew there was only one person it could be. And that was the source of everything that was so wrong.

I slipped out of Annie's grasp, her sleeping body just moving into the corner of my bunk. I sighed and got out, throwing a shirt over my body and awkwardly staring at the sight before me.

"Oh, hey."

"Sup." I said back, sitting on the couch.

Juliet turned from the mirror and looked back at me. God she looked so perfect right now. She was wearing a blue v-neck and shorts with a flannel over it, and her hair was in a messy bun.

"Going out with Bryant."

My heard pounded as I stared at her. I thought she was done with that guy. Or at least I was hoping so, since I had seen him with another girl. And I had seen her kissing Alex. But I thought that was done as well, so I wasn't sure what I wanted at this point.

"Oh, I thought you were done with that idiot."

Juliet let out a laugh and turned. "No, I've seen him a couple of times. Haven't told you for obvious reasons."

I nodded again. "I'm sorry about that."

"Yeah," She nodded softly, "Thanks."

It was an awkward silence for a minute or two. This wasn't typical for us. A conversation where neither of us yelled or shouted or got pissed at each other with in the first ten seconds. It was small talk. And I wasn't a huge fan of it.

"Where's Annie?" Jules asked.

I coughed. "Sleeping."

"Ah," She nodded. "Well, I'm supposed to meet him at a bar, so."

Jules turned and started to walk out of the bus as I ran my hand through my hair softly, groaning at what I was about to do.

"Hey, Jules, wait."

She stopped and turned. "What?"

I wasn't sure what to start with. There was too much I wanted to say. I could start with, Bryant is already cheating on you. Alex and you need to stop this pretending to date shit. I'm not sure how I feel about you right now.

"Jack, come on, I gotta go."

I sighed and stood up. "How serious would you say you and Bryant are? As of a few days ago?"

Jules gave me a look and shrugged, rubbing her temples lightly. "I'm not sure. We've kissed. This is our fifth date."

"I just," I paused, getting closer to her. "I don't like him. He doesn't seem right for you."

"I could say the same for Annie. But the thing is, I dont'."

I had to say it. "I saw him kissing another girl the other night."

Juliet paused, looking back at me with a confused look on her face. But then it changed. And her fist clenched and she looked like she was ready to punch me in the face.

"Fuck you."

I took a step toward her and grabbed her hand. "Jules, would you stop-"

"No!" She shouted, a tremble in her voice. "I'm sick and tired of this Jack. I want to get on with my life and you won't fucking let me. You show up on my dates, you bring your girlfriend on tour, and now you make up lies like this? You make it impossible. But I'm done Jack."

"Jules I'm trying to protect you, I'm not lying."

Juliet let out a laugh and shook her head, a tear dripping down her face. "I just don't want to love you anymore."

With that she left me speechless as she walked out the door of the bus. Juliet was still in love with me.

I sat down on the couch and put my head in my hands, letting out a long breath and wondering why things had gotten so wrong. If I was in love with Jules and she was in love with me, there was no reason for us not to be together.

For a second my heart skipped a beat.

Until the first reason we couldn't be together stepped out of my bunk.

"Jackie, come back to bed." Annie said, a soft smirk on her lips.

I faked a smile and nodded. "One sec."

And then there was reason number two, stepping onto the bus.

Alex smiled awkwardly and nodded. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing."

********************


If there was one thing I needed, it was a drink.

After the streets cleared and Annie fell back asleep, I scooted out of the bus and made my way across the street.

It wasn't too hard to get drunk. As I was leaving the bus, Alex and Jules were cuddling on the couch, his lips on her cheek and neck. It made me sick to my stomach. It didn't help that Annie egged it on. She was so fucking oblivious.

"And she does it just to bother me. Can you fuuucking believe thhaat?" I slurred as the bartender rolled her eyes and nodded. "And she drops this fucking bombs on me evvvery day. Like saying she's still in lovvve with me? Why would she say that?"

My head fell into my arms that were crossed over the table as my head went fuzzy.

"And this asshole she's dating, godddd I could bunch him," I snorted and lifted my head. And it was just my fucking luck. "Hey! YOU!"

Byrant's head turned and he met my eyes, a smile on his lips. Like we were friends. Far from it, buddy.

"Hey, Jack, what's up man?"

I smirked and shook my head. "Shut the fucccck up, man. I know what you did."

"What do you mean?" He laughed.

"You kissed that fucking red-head. I saaaw bro. I saw!"

Byrant laughed nervously. "Mind being a little quieter, bro?"

"No fucking way," I shook my head, "she deserves better than you bro. Fuck, she deserves better than me. But I never cheated on her. I love her too much to see her with a douche bag like you."

I poked him in the chest and he laughed, pushing me back slightly.

"Well she's with me so why don't you back off?"

"Where the fuck is she?"

Bryant laughed. "She just left. Why don't you do the same?"

"Cause I tried to tell her about you maaan." I gulped. "And she wouldn't fucking listen. So you listen. Back off of her or treat her right. I meaan it." I slurred out.

"I'll do what I want ok?" He laughed again. "Besides, she's not with you bro. She's with me. And she's not going to believe you so why don't you just fuck off? It's not like she cares."

And that was it.

Next thing I knew my fist had collided with his jaw and his fist had hit my eye.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bar fight bar fight bar fight

Jack is getting himself in a bit of trouble. Sorry this chapter is kind of a filler but next chapter is gonna get spiccccy. And sorry if some things aren't addressed every chapter, it's just the way things work. If you should now anything about my writing, it's that I have it all planned out. It's like dominoes guys. It will all come together, I promise.

Not much else to say besides comments have been awesome. And OH! The Maine the other day. Fucking awesome. If you want to read a full post about it, you can go here. I have a hard time condensing concerts, so it's a bit of a novel, but it was just so fun and perfect I CANT.

Comments keep getting better and better, honestly. Thank you so much. Half the reason I love this story as much as I do is because of you guys, so, thank you and keep commenting!