‹ Prequel: A Heart Like That
Status: Coming Soon

Take This To Heart

He's underneath the window, she's singing "Hey, la, my boyfriend's back"

Juliet.

I sighed and pressed the phone to my ear, preparing myself mentally for the screams about to come on from the other line.

And I got them.

“JULIET FIELDS WHY HAVEN’T YOU CALLED ME I’VE MISSED YOU SO MUCH OH MY GOD YOU CANNOT BE THAT BUSY THAT YOU CAN’T CALL YOUR BEST FRIEND-”

I sighed and let her voice drown into my head. “Kara, shut the fuck up.”

“Sorry, sorry, I had to get that out there,” I heard her breathe. “Anyway, what is your excuse for not calling me?”

“Tour, lack of sleep, being hung over-”

“Fucking Jack-”

“Setting up shit for them.” I laughed and shook my head. “Far from that, sorry to break it to you. I would have told you if that happened.”

I jumped off the bus and walked over to the venue, a box of bracelets in my hand and my phone hanging on my shoulder. Kara was probably what I missed most about being at home. Actually, I probably missed when she would be on tour with me. But with her and Rian’s break up, it just wasn’t possible.

“You’ve kept secrets before.”

“Eh,” I groaned. “No. He’s actually been acting weird today.”

“Weird how?”

My eyes moved to Jack, who was standing side stage watching Hey Monday preform. I bit my lip and shook my head.

“It’s probably nothing,” I paused. “It’s just, we hang out all day in Jersey and it seems like he likes me again. And then the next day, he fucking avoids me. Like what is that?”

“Maybe he’s on his period.”

I let out a laugh. “I’m considering it.”

“So when can I come down for tour? I have a weekend free in a few weeks. I can come down, we can chill out, I can help with merch.”

There was an awkward pause from my end of the phone. I hated this part; the part with Kara tried her best to come see me even though I knew she was coming for Rian. Which usually led to a fight between them, which usually led to a fight between me and her, which usually led to Alex being pissed at me for letting her come in the first place.

“I don’t know Kar.” I said plainly. “With Rian’s girlfriend on the tour it might be a little weird-”

“Oh,” I could practically feel her heart drop. “Yeah. No, I totally get it.”

“Kara really I’m sorry it’s just-”

“No,” She stopped me. “Look I have to go. Call me sometime, okay bitch? I mean it.”

I let the topic go and smiled. “I promise. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

With that I shut the phone, moving side stage and standing next to Jack. I needed to calm down after practically tearing my best friend’s heart out. I bounced up and down to the music on my heels slightly as Jack turned and looked at me before looking away.

As he turned to walk away, I turned with him.

“Barakat, what the fuck is up with you?”

Jack stopped for a second before laughing nervously. “Wh-what do you mean?”

“I mean what’s with this ignoring me shit? We had a really good time in Jersey, which you practically forced me to go to, and now you won’t even look at me.”

I could tell he was thinking, his eyes glued to the floor. “It’s nothing. I’ve just been tired. Tour does that to you.”

“Bullshit.”

“I just need some space-”

I smirked. “Why are you acting like we’re dating? Last time I checked, we weren’t. Oh, and last time I checked, spending the day together in Jersey was your idea. You want space? Fine.”

“Jules, stop I didn’t mean it like that. Come here.” He held his arms out, trying to pull me into a hug.

“Go fuck yourself.”

I walked away, leaving him with his hands in his pockets looking down at the ground. It was hard to say things like that to him, but there was no other way to get my point across. There was no other way to make sure that he knew he had pissed me off and that was NOT okay.

Picking up the box, I made my way around the venue and into a small hallway. I began walking, looking down at the bracelets with each step. Hey, they were kinda cute.

Suddenly my body slammed into something and the box flew to the floor.

“Shit.” I whispered to myself.

“Oh crap I’m sorry.” A voice said, and a figure leaned down next to me. “I totally wasn’t paying attention.”

“Me neither, it’s fine.” I rolled my eyes, annoyed with myself.

My eyes shot up to a pair of blue ones. They belonged to a light brown haired boy with an adorable half smile and a pen and paper in his hand. I smiled slightly, pulling my hair behind my face.

I stood up, picking the box up with one hand.

“I’m Bryant.” He said, holding out his hand. He looked nice. He was wearing a plaid shirt and jeans, but didn’t look like a band member. Which, at this point, was good. I hadn’t had too much luck with those recently.

“Juliet.”

“Ah, you’re touring with All Time Low right?” He asked.

I smiled and nodded. “Do you stalk me?”

“Nope, just the band. Which you kind of seem to be a part of.” He laughed. “I’m a writer for a music magazine, so no worries it’s just standard research.”

“No way!” I smiled back. “I actually just got out of college with a major in journalism, I want to be a music writer myself. What to you write for?”

“Alternative Press.” Bryant nodded. “That’s awesome. Are you writing anywhere?”

I shook my head. “At the moment, this is my job.” I motioned to the box. “But after I’m done with this tour, I’m out of this shit.”

“Well maybe I could introduce you to the guys over at AP. We’re always looking for new heads, and with your inside knowledge, you’d get in. Easy.”

“Wait,” I paused. “You would do that?”

Bryant shrugged. “I do have one condition.”

“And that is?”

“Go on a date with me?”

I smirked. “I would say that’s considered blackmail.”

“Not if you would say yes in the first place.”

“You’re cocky,” I shook my head. “I would, but it’s kinda tough touring and stuff, ya know? I’ll be in Boston tomorrow-”

Bryant stopped me. “As it turns out, so will I! I’m tagging along for a few shows, writing kind of a diary of each show. And I happen to know and amazing food joint in that area.”

I paused, biting my lip as I saw a figure walk by behind Bryant. I could recognize that black hair anywhere. And I was done putting that boy in the spotlight.

I needed to move on.

“I’d love to.”

He smiled. “Awesome so, after the show?”

“Perfect.”

“Great,” Bryant said, moving around me and continuing down the hallway. “See you then, Juliet.”

As I walked down to the merch booth, I couldn’t help the blush on my cheeks. It had been a long time since I’d met a guy who didn’t try to get in my pants in the first conversation. Though he was cocky, so was I. And as it turns out, I always fall for the shit head cocky pricks. Might as well roll with it.

Vinny gave me a puzzled look as I handed him the book. “You’re blushing.”

“Oh,” I said, touching my cheek. “I just got asked out by this AP writer.”

His eyes bulged as he took the box from my hands and laid in on the table.

“Does Jack know?”

“Why would he need to know?”

Vinny shrugged. “What about Alex?”

“What makes you think I give a fuck?”

“The fact that both of them are going to knife this guy if he lays a fucking hand on you. And I’ll be there to watch.” Vinny chuckled to himself. “Oh my god, and then they’ll probably fight each other for you. Fuck I would laugh so hard.”

I hit him on the arm lightly, shaking my head.

I needed to do this. For me. Moving on was the right thing.

I needed to show Jack I didn’t need him. At the same time, I needed him to need me.
♠ ♠ ♠
You should probably LOVE me for updating so quickly.

Such a break from last time, don't you think? But I DO have somethings to show you that I would LOVE for you to check out.

First off, I am doing a contest. If you want to check out my story, it's about Dan Flint from You Me At Six and I am so excited about it. It's a lot more... sexual... then a lot of my stories haha. So please please please check it out and give me some feedback on it!
Save Yourself

Also check out my Garrett story, it's super fun and I LOVE It. Wanderlust

And I am doing a contest. My first ever! So please support. You can check that you HERE if you want. I would love for you to join :)

And the comments have been awesome. The more you comment, the more I want to update!