Reckless

Chapter One

Dean Winchester took a left and drove up into a parking lot. He took one look at the run down motel and sighed. He parked the car and figured that it was better than spending another night in the Impala parked on the side of the street. He drummed his fingers against the worn out steering wheel just to fight the silence in the car. The empty passenger seat didn’t help matters much either.

Grabbing his wallet, he shoved it in his jacket pocket and grasped the door handle. He stepped out of the car and then locked it. He walked out and made his way to the front door. Swinging the door open, he couldn’t help but notice his shadow from the building lights. Shaking his head, he was frustrated that he couldn’t even drop old habits.

Dean swore to himself that he would quit hunting. Ever since his fallen out with Sam, he knew things had to change. Just thinking about his younger brother was painful.

Sighing, Dean walked into the motel and into the small lobby. There was an old man behind the desk who looked like he hadn’t slept in a couple of years. Dean walked up to him and cleared out his throat.

The man looked up. “May I help you?” He asked in a tone that suggested he would have given anything to not be in his current state.

“Yes actually. I would like a room.”

“For how long?”

Dean thought about the answer for a few seconds before actually answering. “Make it a week?”

“A week?”

“Yeah, is that a problem?”

“Well I think you could find somewhere better if you plan on staying here for that long, but it’s up to you. Will that be cash or credit?”

“Cash.”
--

Placing his one bag of all his possessions on the carpeted floor, Dean sat on the bed and winced when he felt how hard the mattress was. Maybe he should have taken the old man’s advice. Too late for that, he thought. He grabbed the remote control and began flickering through all the old questions. The first real smile in a long time spread across his face when he saw that there was at least one decent porn channel.

Maybe things were beginning to look up for Dean.