Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter One

I know who I am.

Let me correct that, I know who I’m supposed to be. In their mind, it’s an obedient slave. One who is loyal, and is weak.

I’m none of those.

In my mind, I’m a girl, normal. Taken seven martial arts classes, the most in-obedient person I have ever met. Let’s just say I know how to say “no” pretty clearly.

Five weeks ago, I was taken from my home (not without a fight) and taken to a dirty cell, where I sat twenty-four hours a day. Everyday, I was brought a slice of thin wheat bread. The first week, I tossed it in the corner. Those bastards aren’t going to make me eat that. But when week two came, I was desperate, and I swallowed every morsel I could get my hands on.

But today, instead of tossing a slice of bed through the bars, they unlocked the door.

Who are "they"? Their fucking blood-suckers.

The guard, dressed in sturdy uniform, carefully slid the keys in the hole. As he opened the door….

This is my chance!

I came charging from my small corner, slamming into his chest with my shoulder. It exploded with pain, but I didn’t care. All I could think was, ‘Freedom!’

I took off running, my bare feet sliding on the dusty stone floor.

“Grab her!” I hear, and an arm swings, hitting the side of my head. I slam into the hard stone wall.

I fall to the ground, my body colliding with the floor painfully.

I push myself up, trying to crawl away, but the guard grabs my hair, yanking me backward, and grabing my arm as well.

“You assholes! Let go!” But soon enough, his fist collides into the back of my head, and my vision starts blurring. I shut my mouth just as quickly as it opened.

“Your leaving today, anyway. We don’t care if your dead before that time comes, either, so shut up!” The guard on my right says, as another one, this one skimpy but still strong in grip, comes and grabs my other arm. The man's voice is large and raspy, but not the one that brought me here. Still, the voice bounces around in my head a few moments before it edges into my brain, his words.

“I-I’m going home?”

He didn't t answer, but pushes me through a door, and through soft red velvet curtains. He laughs, “Look good out there!” He calls.

Looking up, there's a crowd and lines of other girls on the stage. THe line of at least twenty girls, as where I’m behind them, face the crowd of men and a small amount of women, with frightened looks. The announcer pulls me at the end of the line.

“Does anyone see any interest?” He says. I’m not sure what he’s talking about, but I soon realize all the people in the crowd are...vampires, just like the guards are.

“I’ll take the second one!” Someone shouts, and the announcer quickly starts the bidding on the tall blonde girl, second in line. She whimpers, staring at all the men. With an irritated look, you hear a large "THUMP!" then a scream. He has hit her in the back of her head, she falls to the ground, crying.

“Get up!” He shouts. The girl slowly obeys, standing on weak legs and stares at all the vampires in front of her. Her tears only come faster.

Sadness, along with a growing anger boils up inside me. There had to be something I could do, but, were surrounded.

“Well, where were we?” The announcer continues. “Ah! So we had a bid on 100,000? 100,000, who can top it?!”

The bid goes on until the price stops at 367,890.

The blonde girl stares at the handsome man who picked her. His smile greedy, and evil.

“No….” Her voice starts out like a whisper, but turns into a scream. “No!” The guards begin to take her off the stage, her screaming in their arms. “No! Please, don’t!” I close my eyes as she is carried away.

“How much for the one at the end?” A man shouts, and I open my eyes, panic overtaking me. The man is buff, looking straight at me. I take a step back, trying to get away from here, but the guards grabbed under my arms, lifting me up.

“Oh, let’s say….I’ll start the bidding at 400,000.” He says rationally.

Well, that’s pretty high, don’t ya think?

There seems to be a million shouts before it’s up to 700,000. Their voices pound on the edges of my brain.

“Okay, 700,000, anyone gonna top that?” Says the announcer. No one answers at first, scaring me.

“900,000.”

I look up at the one who says it. He has black hair, looking at me disapprovingly. His eyes catch the light, and flash silver.

I look at the announcer, waiting for the official word.

“Sold!”
♠ ♠ ♠
This is only a story I'm doing in my spare time. My stories, "Fallen" and "Kiss me, I'm Contagious" are my top priorities. But, If people REALLY like it, then I'll be sure to continue it, and later finish it.