Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Twelve

“Ella!” I screamed, looking down at Blaze’s pale face. Blood still dripped from her neck, and I tried desperately to keep it there by holding my hand there.

What have I done?

“M’Lord, what happened?” I hadn’t realized Ella had burst through the door, and was now running to me, looking down at Blaze’s limp body.

And to tell the truth, I didn’t know. I had been asleep, and then awoken when Blaze had suddenly fallen on me. I was shaking, wondering what had happened until I tasted her blood in my mouth.

“I don’t know.” I answered truthfully.

Ella looked up at me, tears forming in her brown eyes. She was blaming me for it.

“Go tell the infirmary I’ll be there with Blaze shortly. Run.” He said, eyes going to the door, to Ella, then back at Blaze.

Ella didn’t move at first, suddenly noticing the sadness and grief in my eyes. Then, she ran to the door, grabbing the handle and jerking it open. She was gone.

I looked down at Blaze, my eyes watching the blood pouring from her neck. I walked to the bed, her still in my arms, and sat down, cradling her. I brought her neck up to my lips, and licked the wond that I had given her. It would start to close up soon.

Then, he took her to the infirmary.

Image

As I watched Blaze sleep, I was humming.

The song she had played at the piano I was humming.

“If you'll be my star
I'll be your sky
You can hide underneath me and come out at night
When I turn jet black and you show off your light
I live to let you shine
I live to let you shine….”

It had been stuck in my head ever since the incident, and it’s been about three hours since.

Blaze moaned in her sleep, but I kept humming. She had been moaning sleepily for the past thirty minutes. I looked down at my hands, waiting and waiting and waiting….

“Is that my song?”

I jerked up, looking at her face. She was smiling half-heartedly.

“Were you dreaming last night?” She asked suddenly.

I looked confused at her. “Um, not that I know of.”

She went on anyway, “Were you dreaming of killing a man in a long black hood?”

I looked shocked at her, as flashes of last night burned at the rims of my mind. A dream. A man in a black hood. Had I dreamed that last night?

“Did he kill your father?” Blaze asked. Her smile was gone, and she looked at me with a seriousness in he face that I knew she had probably dreamed of it too.

“How did you—?”

“I dreamed of it, too.” She said, looked downward. There was a minute of silence before she pulled the white sheets off herself.

“Blaze, you shouldn’t—“ It was too late, she was already out of the small hospital bed and she held her head as a headache started to form.

I stood up, too. Ready to catch her if she fell. I put my hand on her elbow.

Blaze did fall, and I caught her. She sighed in my chest, breathing sleepily. “Blaze—“

“No.” She interrupted. “I wanna go back to the room.” She said, trying to get back on her own feet.

She gasped as I picked her up suddenly, taking her out the door.

Maids and butlers stopped in the hallway, staring, and Blaze clutched at my shirt, looking away from their eyes.

“Where’s Ella?” Blaze asked, looking up expectantly at me.

“In the kitchen.”

“Doing what?”

“Making you food.”

I took her into our room and set her on my bed. I sat on the edge as she pulled a sheet over her.

“Can I have a different shirt?” She whispered in the awkwardness. The one she wore was caked in dry blood.

“Yeah, sure.” I went to my dresser and pulled out another T-shirt, walking over and handing it to Blaze.

“Thank you.” She replied, and she took off the other one, not even caring that I was in the room, and she slipped on the other one. I sat back on the edge of the bed, just when Ella came in, a tray of food in her hands.

Image

“Here you go, darling. The best food in the kingdom!” She exclaimed happily, and I could tell she was trying to lighten the mood.

It was working. I was feeling much better.

I smiled brightly at her, an excited glint in my eyes as she set the tray of food in front of me.

The meal was huge and it was filled to the brim. It looked great. I hugged Ella, and she smiled gratefully. “Eat up.” She said, and waved goodbye as she left the room.

I ate in silence and stared at Tempests’ back. He was facing away from me, and his head hung low. Curiously, I put the tray of half-eaten food on the dresser to the side and crawled over to him. “Tempest?”

He shook his head, from what I could see. Did he feel bad?

“Why aren’t you scared?” He asked without turning around.

I took a sharp intake of breath. “W-what?”

He laughed, and shook his head.

“Why would I be scared?” I asked.

He laughed. “Your not very smart, you know that?”

I narrowed my eyes, and hit him in the back of the shoulder, but then I wrapped my arms around his neck and hugged him. “It….it was an accident.” I whispered.

At my touch, he tensed, so I hugged him tighter, and he relaxed.

I’m so sorry….
♠ ♠ ♠
Are you serious?
Nine comments?
Twenty-two subscribers?
Yeah, thanks for showing your appreiciation.
But thanks for the ONE person who commented last update. I appreciate it, a lot.
Oh, and I'm not posting the next chapter until i get like.....nine or more comments :D