Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Thirteen

I wasn’t sure how long we stayed in that position, but I didn’t really care. I wished I could ignore the time, but it was getting late.

I buried my face into his back, savoring his scent, and just feeling him. I know what your thinking. Don’t I realize how wrong this is? How this could get me killed?

….Doesn’t she realize that he could be toying with her?

I let out my breath at the thought, almost a laugh escaped my throat. He wouldn’t. I know that.

How can you be so sure? All he’s done since you came—well, got kidnapped and brought to him—all he’s done is hurt you. What makes you sure he’ll stop?

He will.

He won’t.

He left you on the floor when you randomly kissed him. That was all your fault and he could turn on you any second for it, if it pleases him. He’s a vampire. Remember what you said? Hmm….was it the first time you came here?

He’s a monster. They all are.

I unwrapped my arms from his neck, and walked in front of him. Maybe out out of nervousness, my hands twitched slightly. “Can I shower?” I asked.

He looked up, and without hesitation, answered smoothly. “Sure.”

I turned, walking straight to the bathroom—

But then I felt his hand grasp mine, keeping me in place. Breathing in sharply, I turned immediately. But, he sat there a moment thinking, and stood up. Walking closer to me until we were inches apart. I sucked in my breath, looking down before looking up into his face.

“Are you sure?” He asked, looking down with a seriousness in his face that made him look….prince-like, maybe you could call it. I couldn’t exactly explain the look very well.

“Of what?” My voice was smooth, coming from my throat in a calm, almost sarcastic manner, like I didn’t know what he meant. I didn’t, but I had a pretty good Idea of what it could be.

“Of me.”

My breath caught in my throat as I looked up at him, and I nodded.

And without another word, I walked into the bathroom.

Image

After a twenty minute long shower, I stepped out, dried, and went to bed. The week had been silent, not it’s usual self. Ella soon noticed and tried asking me what was going on. I knew she knew it was about Tempest, but she hadn’t bothered to add that crucial part.

I didn’t want to lie to her, actually I wouldn’t. When I first came here, she helped me, she cleaned me, and she took care of me. Why would I lie to her? Well, of course, I didn’t, and ended up telling her the truth.

“I don’t know.”

She gave a confused look, but there seemed to be a glint of understanding in her light brown eyes, as she started walking away. I knew, by now, that that glint meant she knew a little more than I expected her to. But how could she know, when I gave her such little information? Very, very, very little information.

I never asked her about it. It would make her think it was true. That I really did like Tempest in the way I shouldn’t.

The silence between Tempest and I was devastating. I hated it. To tell the truth, I missed his voice. But….most of all?

I missed the feeling of his lips on mine.

In my small cot, I faced the ceiling of the room with a blank stare. Absentmindedly, I touched my lips where he had kissed me that night. That very night, when I realized how beautiful he really was.

Behind the monster, there was a man.

But I’m never going to reach it again if I sit here.

Sitting up, I looked at the clock, and realized I had been laying there for at least two hours. Sighed, I fell back on the bed.

If it’s meant to be, it’ll come naturally, right?

I sat up, rubbing my head as I suddenly became slightly dizzy. Swallowing, I got up from the bed, and went into the bathroom. Putting my curly locks into a messy ponytail, and still in my pj’s (a pair of short shorts and a tank top; the maids and seamstress had finished preparing my wardrobe) I knocked on Ella’s door.

There was a series of loud stomping, all the way to the door, and then Ella opened it, her head tilted questioningly. She asked, “Yes, Blaze, what is it?”

“Do you have a library?”

“Yes, why?”

“Can you show me where?”

Waving her hand lazily she replied, “Yes, yes….” She rubbed her eye and led her into her room, and out the door into the hallway. We walked a while, me trying to remember the path and her walking with her eyes closed.

And finally, she sighed sleepily, and pushed open two large double doors. “Have fun….” Ella mumbled, waving lazily once more before walking back to the room, no doubt to get some sleep, all while, you could hear her feet dragging.

I turned back around, and stepped in. As soon as I did, the lights came on, and I covered my eyes a moment, shading them from the ceiling where the blaring lights came.

Once I knew my eyes were used to it, I pulled my hand away.

I gasped.

It was tall. Incredibly tall. Amazingly tall.

Book shelves stretched high to the amazing glass roof above, the morning light, believe it or not, shun through the glass like it was almost meant to be there, and the sun was proud to have a shun across something so beautiful.

I looked around, wondering where to start. Was I looking for something specific? Hmm….vampires?

In the middle of the room, there was a giant book on a wooden pedestal. The light from the ceiling made it look like the light was shining upon it for it’s glory.

My lips slightly parted, I gasped almost breathlessly at how beautiful it was. This place would be a photographer’s dream.

I walked to it, my bare feet sliding on the red and gold carpet, and looked down at the book. It was dark green, with golden vines and décor that bled down the rusty spine, and even along the crusted edges. In the most elegant script, the title read, “Index.”

I bent sideways to look at the pages, and surprisingly, they were all crisp white. Fresh, and new. That really didn’t explain the cover. From the outside, it looked like it had been here for a million years, definitely used….

I opened to the first page, and looked at the part where the paper connected with the inside of the spine. It looked like it was been stitched up a million times, though the pages were fresh. I could almost smell the smell of fresh parchment, but, it was very quickly fading, as I leaned down to study the text.

“Index.” Read the first page, and I turned another page, my eyes searching the paper with wide eyes.

There, began letters with A. I kept flipping all the way to the V’s and found “vampire” rather more quickly then I’d liked.

Vampire – Section 432B

Looking around the large book sanctuary, I decided to start somewhere randomly, looking from side to side and walking over to a random wall. 400B It read, and I walked along the walls, and looked up to see it was in a rather high place.

Looking around, I found four large ladders in the far corner, in which I grabbed one, and pulled it to the place. I had to search a little to find it again, but I found it. Setting the ladder in place, I climbed up and searched through the books on the shelf, Section 432B.

I traced my fingers along the spines, reading each title, “Vampire History,” “Vampire Mythology,” Vampires and Humans,” I paused, and took that one, then read more, “The Vampire Body.” Though I knew I would probably doubt it, I picked it up and read the index. It did speak of….other things, but it spoke of their speed and agility, and other things.

I took them down, almost falling on the way, then, I started reading until I fell asleep, my head laying on the books.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment. I know i said nine more comments, i only got two, but i was excited to post, so i did this.

Please, please, comment.