Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Fourteen

That night, after reading about half of the Vampires and Humans book, I got tired of it. I had started reading Grimm’s Fairy Tales instead. Cheesy, right? This library had everything. And look at what I chose?

Then, I fell asleep right in the middle of the Princess and the Frog.

I woke up with a start, the feeling of a poking my arm made me turn to the side, and I met a small face glaring up angrily at me. “Hey, your cutting into my study time, you know?” She tapped her small foot, her lips pulled to the side of her face, and she continued, “I’m going to be Queen.” Her attitude changed quickly, and back to an angry glare after she boasted. “But your going to ruin it.”

I smiled randomly, mostly because I was still in a daze. “Good morning.” I said to the random little girl and she gaped angrily.

Then she pushed me out of the chair and I landed on the floor with a thump. Yeah, that snapped me out of my sleepy daze. “Hey!” I got on my feet and reached for the little girl, but she jumped off the chair and started running away.

“Catch me if you can!” She laughed. That little bipolar girl is going to get it.

“Get over here!” I yelled but she kept running and laughing,

Then, something came around my waist, and held me back. “Let. Me. Go!”

“Hey, calm down. Rini, get over here!” It was Tempest, and I looked up at him in surprise. “That’s my sister.” He then added, looking down with a smirk on his face.

“Your sister?” I asked, astonished. “Since when?”

“Since six years ago.”

“And she’s a….?”

“What did you expect?”

“I don’t know, she….” That little girl, Rini, looked nothing like a little vampire. She was more cute and annoying then….evil and vampiric. She had black hair, like her brother, that was long and in puffy pigtails, with a cute voice. Her voice was sweet, and you couldn’t really take her seriously when she’s angry.

“Well, I’m going to get your sister and put her in a box.” I said, trying to squirm out of his arms.

Tempest raised an eyebrow.

“Don’t worry,” I assured, “It’ll be roomy.”

Tempest walked around me and to the table, his movements swift. “Grimm’s Fairy Tales?”

“I got bored.”

“Um….” Tempest started, picking up the The Vampire Body book, examining the cover.

“Learning your weaknesses.” I said, a smirk on my face as I grabbed the book from his hand, then the other books and climbing the ladder. As I put them on the shelf, we continued speaking.

“And….what do have on that?”

“Hmm. Wood? Silver burns you, but it can’t exactly kill you? It has to be an ever-lasting flame?” I answered. “You know. Stuff I already know of.”

“Ah.” Tempest replied.

“Bubba, she’s cutting into my study time.” Rini tugged on his arm in a sing-song tone and looked pleadingly up at him.

Tempest leaned down on one knee, and whispered in her ear, loud enough for me to hear. “Don’t worry; I’ll take care of her.” He smirked as I glared at him suspiciously.

Rini turned her glare on me, and I returned it, sticking my tongue out at her.

Suddenly, she hissed, her canines growing into long, miniature fangs. Her eyes flashed silver as she lurched forward and I jerked back out of reach. She laughed as I fell on the ground, her face changing to normal as she did.

I growled, leaping up to grab her, but Tempest grabbed my arm softly, stopping me. “It’s okay, she’s a kid. Don’t let her intimidate you.” He said, and Rini smirked. I rolled my eyes childishly, and looked away.

“Let’s go. Rini, you study. As was originally intended.”

Rini rolled her eyes, and turned around, heading toward the table.

We stared a moment, but as soon as Rini turned a glare at me, my eyes sharpened. “Let’s go.”

I pulled him away from the library and into the hallway, guiding him with force. Enough for him to know that I was angry.

My mood lightened as we entered the kitchen though, as I ran to the fridge, opened it, and was glad to see that the maids had taken interest in the chocolates that I had made last night. I told them they were welcome to them as long as they saved some for me and Tempest.

Pulling out two of the chocolates, I walked over to Tempest. “Here. Try this.” I put the chocolate in front of him.

“Why?”

“Because I made it.” I said, slightly irritated.

Tempest looked cautious, and asked, “And what if I don’t?”

My eyes hardened as I got closer, “Then I’ll force it in your mouth. Look, please? Just eat it.”

He rolled his eyes and excitedly, I put it in his mouth. He started chewing, a plain look on his face. On my face, came of frown of worry that he didn’t like it.

“It’s good.” He said plainly, after swallowing.

“That’s it?”

“What’s it?”

“That’s all you have to say?”

“Well, yeah, they’re good.” He replied, and I arched my eyes, glaring.

“Your so rude! And I went through all that trouble to make them for you and you just—“ I started angrily walking off.

“You made them for me?” Tempest asked, his smirk widening as he inched closer to me.

“I never said that.”

“Yes, you did. You said ‘And I went through all that trouble to make them for you,’” He was inches away now, towering over me, almost….seductively.

“T-That’s not what I meant.” I stuttered, feeling my stomach start to get queezy.

“Then why’d it come out of your mouth?” He said, and he was closer, still smiling

Then it looked like he was leaning down.

No, I’m angry with him.

I pushed him away, and pushed open the door, leaving it open as I stormed off, but passing Ella as she came in.”

“What’s wrong with her?” Ella asked, staring at Tempest.”

He sighed, “She got mad cause I said her chocolates were ‘good.’”

“Oh….” Ella looked like she actually knew that was wrong. “Shouldn’t have done that.” She said, and left.

Tempest opened his mouth, but shut it as the door closed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Peasies commennntssss