Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Sixteen

Tempest chose to run after his sister, knowing he had to explain what had happened. No biggy. Hopefully, he’d leave me alone a while, though…

Image

I raced down the hallway, eventually finding Rini curled up in her bed, sobbing into her pillow. She was a vampire, but my powers were much more developed than hers. I could, therefore, run faster and longer.

“Rini….” I sighed, leaning against the door frame. Her room was decorated in light purples, with decorative paper black flowers on her wall. Chinese paper lanterns hung on her ceiling. She had fallen in love with them when we went into town to redecorate her room. In the corner of the room, stood a three story doll house, filled to the brim with out of place furniture. I remembered playing with her in here when she begged.

“Go away.” She mumbled sadly into her pillow.

“No, I’m not leaving.”

She cried more.

“Tell me what’s wrong, Rini.” He said, and was over to her side in a quick second. He sat on the edge of her bed, and patted her back.

“She’s gonna steal you away from me.” She said, crying harder. The way she had her face stuffed into her pillow made it hard to understand her, but I heard her clearly enough.

“She’s gonna what?”

“Steal you away from me!” She shot up from her pillow and yelled. She wiped at her face, drenched in salty tears.

I brushed hair from her face. “Rini, I’ll always be your Bubba.”

“Not if she’s still here.”

“Always.” I replied fiercely. She looked up, her bottom lip pouting out and her eyes puffy. Suddenly, she through her arms around my neck, putting me in a death hold.

Chuckling, I pulled her away. “Are we okay?”

She wiped her nose with the back of her hand, sniffling. She nodded.

I stood from her small princess bed. Walking over to her dresser, I grabbed a tissue box and gave her one. She blew her nose into it.

I smiled before kissing her forehead and walking out to take long nap in my room.

Image

That night, I began dreaming.

I was in a room, pictures hung against the walls. Millions. Blaze was definitely a girl for memories. She had pictures with her many friends, many, many friends. Underwear and bras were strewn across the room, along with small drawings, anime posters, Vampire Diaries, Jacob from Twilight, (Wow, she’s a werewolf fan?) and most of her drawings were of couples holding hands, anime girls, music notes. I felt like I had seen a whole other side to her. It was….refreshing.

“Mmm…” A figure squirmed under the covers of a small bed in the corner of the room. And an alarm clock rang high in my ears as she did.

She groaned. Blaze started slamming her fist on the table until it hit the alarm clock. It didn’t help, but it fell off the bed.
Sighing, she got up off the bed. Short pajama shorts barely covered her perfect legs and a tank top over her torso. She grabbed the clock and buried it under the covers, brushing away the hair that was everywhere. A sight I was used to. Everyday, she had a bad case of “morning hair.”

The weird thing was, she didn’t see me at all, but I could feel that she knew I was there somehow. Just somehow…I knew.

Glancing around the room, Blaze walked into the bathroom and started to change. It took a lot, but he resisted the urge to follow her. She came out, fully clothed, and started brushing her bedraggled hair with a thick brush. Looking at the time, her eyes widened, and she screamed, “I’m going to be late!” Then, she threw herself out the door.

When I got down there, I passed her family. A full family, with a brother, a sister, and two parents. But I couldn’t get a good look at them all, ‘cause Blaze had run out the door, a piece of toast in her hand.

While she ran along the sidewalk, she stuffed her toast in her mouth, having to stop a moment when she started choking. I tried to touch her, but my hand….it went right through her.

Blaze made it to the bus stop, meeting up with her friend on the bus. She had her own seat, as did her friend. It didn’t fill up very much, so I got to sit beside her, listening to their conversation.

“….No, I haven’t gone there with him yet….” Blaze sighed, as if she were tired of the subject.

“Why not?!” Her friend exclaimed, reclining back as if it shocked her, literally.

She sighed again, rolling her eyes. “Well, I told him (And you!) that I don’t want to go that far yet.” She muttered the last words.

Hmm….what guy?

Her friend huffed. “You’ve been dating for what….three months now?”

“Yes.”

Blaze’s friend was definitely recognizable as one of the many friends in the millions of pictures on her wall, I noticed.

“Come on! He’s sweet, and…”

“No.” Blaze replied, a finality to her voice.

They went on gossiping about something else, since her friend seemed to catch the idea that Blaze wasn’t interested in the first idea.

When we got to the school, the students piled out of the bus in a disorderly fashion, but it didn’t faze anyone. I followed her to first period, which was…track.

Of course, she was surrounded by many, many people. They were away from the track teacher, so they broke down into a quick walk. I stood behind them, keeping pace and listening to their conversation. Hey, this might be the only chance I get to see into her life. So, why not?

“Om, my God.” Blaze said, bursting out laughing.

Then, the large group of friends started playing a game. They had to shout out colors, and whoever said one last, had to moan. The first two rounds, Blaze went through them easily. On the third, she had been distracted by the football players. The track went around the football field.

“You have to moan, Blaze!” One of her friends snickered. She rolled her eyes, but did as the rules went.

She did it loud, causing people to give her strange stares, but I had to admit…she was pretty good.

When track was over, they went to the locker room, which I will tell you the truth, I almost followed her in. But since I’m a gentleman, I didn’t.

They all came out, and I followed Blaze around for a while. Into her classes, through the hallways, and all. But then, she went to her locker.

A bulking football player had a locker right beside her, and when she went there, I saw him surrounded by his friends over on the other side of the hall. He pointed over at her as he whispered in his friends ears. The snickered as he walked over to her.

And then, he pushed her as he came over. She fell to the ground, with a thump. The guy started opening his locker.

“Watch it, Blaze.” He rolled his eyes, shut his locker, and began to walk away.

“Hey!” I shouted. I walked toward, and was about to him, but my fist went right through him. Damn it. I seemed to have forgotten this was a dream.

Looking back, I saw Blaze stand, pulling up her sleeves threateningly. She charged after him, her shoulder slamming into his back. He cried out, falling to the ground with a crash. People watched, as did I. What else could I do?

Blaze was probably about to bash his head in the ground, but someone shouted, “Blaze!” I recognized it as one of the girls who had surrounded her in track. “Blaze….” The girl muttered, and grabbed Blaze, pulling her off him.

“Dude! Principal Franklin is just down the hall.” The girl whispered, and watched as the bulking guy ran down the hall.

“Well he pushed me!” Blaze protested, but went down the hall with her friend. I felt quilty I couldn’t do anything, but it was a dream, right?

My mind flew back to the night I had bitten her. She asked me what I had been dreaming about. It had been my father’s assassinator.

What if I was in her dreams now?

At the end of the day, I followed her to the bus, wishing to wake up. I took the window seat beside her. This time, she was alone, completely. She was slouched, looking down at her fingers in her lap.

Someone called her name from behind, and she straightened, turning around to look. Before she turned, I reached out, wishing to feel her.

My fingers met skin.

At my touch, she completely froze.

I wrapped my arms around her stomach, leaning my face in her neck.

And that was when I woke up, and I could feel that Blaze had, too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this one was written crappily wasn't it?

Anyway, I didn't expect to get those comments telling me not to stop the story and how good it was. Thank you, a lot. I didn't send out any thank you's cause i got so much i decided why not say it on an update?

Thanks guys! Your the best. I usually update sooner, you know, but i couldn't due to the fact that i'm lazy. I felt really bad about it, so i made a you guys a chapter!

Oh, and also, i want you to send me ideas. I have a lot of thoughts and ideas for this story, but i need your help deciding where this story should go.