Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Seventeen

When I shot up from bed, my hands immediately flew to where Tempest had touched me. Around my stomach, and the back of my neck. The warmth from it was gone, leaving my skin with a chill. I looked at Tempest. He was sitting upright in bed too, shirtless and breathing just as hard as I.

We both sat there, our gazes sometimes going to one another as our breathing calmed. Soon, it was just silence.

I looked at him again, and this time, a thought came to mind.

I slid from my cot and walked over to the end of Tempests’ bed. My lips quirking to the side with curiosity, I began to crawl up to him.

He eyed me suspiciously. “What are you….?”

I came up beside him and leaned in close. “I’ve never seen them before….”

I leaned closer.

“Seen what?” He asked, shifting uncomfortably as I began to hover over him. I leaned close to his face.

“Your…” I drifted off as I reached my hand out almost grazing his lips.

“You have, haven’t you? When I….” He referred to the time he had bit her, and I shook my head.

“No. It was too dark. I could only feel them.” I tugged slightly at his lip, and he smiled. His fangs began to protrude, so fast it made me gasp.

“Hmm….” I said as I stared at them. I was now right over him, his head against the headboard and us looking right in each other’s eyes. “What about the long nails thing, is that a myth?” I asked, referring to that movie, “The Vampire’s Assistant.”

“Yup.” He said, and it suddenly occurred to me that we were incredibly close. Maybe too close for his liking?

But I didn’t move. For some reason, I couldn’t bring myself to move, and I could feel the heat rise to my cheeks.

“Blaze?”

“Yes?”

“When you blush, it turns me on.”

My eyebrows arched. Did he just say that I had turned him on? “Wh—?”

He kissed me.

He had grabbed my arm and pulled me, making me lose my position on the bed and topple onto him. He crashed his lips hungrily onto mine, holding me tighter with each second. A sudden feeling inside of me sent sensations through my body. Everywhere. My body was on fire just with feeling him. I moaned, and I could feel him smile into the kiss.

He pulled me into a sitting position on the bed, where I was in his lap with my legs wrapped around him. He held me so tight I felt like I couldn’t breath. His hands roamed my hips and…I could feel him harden.

I wasn’t a virgin. I knew sex, and I’ve done it before. It had been with my boyfriend, Todd. We had been together since I was a sophomore, and I thought we would be together forever, but then I got kidnapped. Todd was my life, but now he’s gone.

Back to the point, though. I knew what sex felt like, and I felt Tempest could prove that wrong.

There was a knock on the door.

I quickly threw myself off Tempest and to the side, tearing my lips from his to face the door as it opened. Ella stood there, and her eyes grew wide at the ruined sheets and the craziness of my hair, and along with Tempests’. She eyed us suspiciously.

“Hmm…” She said, a hand to her chin and her foot tapping the ground. “Am I….interrupting something?”

“No!” I said a bit too quickly as Tempest snickered.

She rolled her eyes, a slight smile to her face. “Rini wants to see you whenever….your ready.”

“Okay.” Tempest stretched the word as he began to crawl from the bed.

“Wait.” Ella interrupted, pausing us all in place. “She actually wanted to see you, Blaze.” She said as if it were a surprise.

Well, it was.

“What? Why?” I asked, a little startled.

“Deary, I’m not sure. I had to check my ears after she said it to make sure I heard right. She doesn’t seem to be very fond of you.”

“Oh, really.” It wasn’t a question.

“Yes, she said it was very important.”

I looked over to Tempest. “Promise you’ll avenge my death?”

“Does a spanking count as avenging?”

I rolled my eyes and began to follow Ella out the door. She took me to Rini’s room and I stood there, waiting for her to talk. She only did when the door shut firmly behind me.

“Watcha need?” I asked, breaking the awkward silence.

Rini rolled her eyes, crossing her arms. “I need you to sing with me for Tempests’ birthday. It’s in three days and I need you to find a song and help me rehearse.”

“What?”
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope this makes up for the really sucky and boring chapter I posted.

Comment, please, so I can be happy.

Oh, and ETFreak is my fav Mibbian. She commented on my other story, "Here Pretty Birdy." I really like her!

If you don't comment, Planet of the Apes will ransack your house and eat all your bananas!!!