Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Five

I didn’t want that to happen again.

No matter what happened, I didn’t want that to happen again. It hurt like hell, and my plan to be a pain in the ass, was slowly disintegrating in my hands and head.

Last night, I had fallen asleep there on the floor, moving out of my way of the glass and little blood pools.

But that morning, I woke up in my cot, the covers on me, shirtless, because my whole torso was bandaged. Some places on my arms were bandaged, too. They were incredibly sore, but I still slipped from my bed, sniffling. I even realized I was only in my underwear because I had some bad cuts on my upper thighs.

My eyes were puffy and red from last night’s crying, my hair dirty blonde hair all over the place.

I looked up at the sound of the door opened, and Tempest came in, looking at me, then going to the dresser. I looked away, as he did. Not wanting to meet his gaze.

“Here.” Tempest tossed me a T-shirt and I hesitated before putting it on.

I hate you, I thought, wishing he could hear it.

He didn’t seem to catch it, if vampires could read minds. He just said, “Come on.”

“Why?” I sniffled.

“Do you wish to eat, or not?” He asked angrily. At that, I stood quickly, and followed him out the door.

As I walked, I saw maids and butlers whisper in eachothers ears, staring right at me. Tempest didn’t look at them, but kept his head straight foreward. Were they whispering about me?

Then, to my right, I heard, “She’s still alive?”

I gasped, stopping in place, staring at the couple who had formed those words. They scattered away, but I kept staring after them. What did they mean….?

Tempest had stopped, turning back. “Hurry up.”

“No!” I screamed. “Why did they say that?! I know you heard it—“

I didn’t finish. Tempest had me pinned against the wall. I cried out when my back hit the wall, the pain of the glass cuts felt like my back was on fire.

I bit my lip to hold back tears. “You do as I say.” He growled, and let go. I fell on my knees, my hands trying to reach my back to hold it. It didn’t work.

I followed him down the hall, nonetheless, clutching my shoulder.

He took me down to the dining hall, and I sat down at the table. He went to fridge and took out a bag of blood, heated it up, and poured it in a glass.

I felt like I was going to puke.

I looked away from the scene, and stood. “Is there anything in that fridge besides blood?” I asked quietly.

“Yeah, do what you want.” He said.

I stood, and went to the fridge. Pushing over packets of blood, I finally found a packet of bloody steaks.

“Can I use these?” I asked. He glanced at them, then said, “Do what you want.” A little angrier this time.

So, I started making steak. Two pieces, actually. One for Ella. “Tempest, when do the maids eat?”

“You ask a lot of questions.”

“Please?”

“In about an hour. Why?”

“No reason.” I paused before asking, “Do you eat human food?”

“Stop asking annoying questions!” He exclaimed, directly looking at me as his eyes flashed.

“I’m sorry.” I turned back around to cook, but then asked, “So do you?”

He sighed, “Royals do. Savage vampires only eat blood.”

“Really?”

“Fuck off.”

This time, I sighed.

“Why are you doing that? There’s other things you can eat that won’t take like….two hours.” He put his cup down, to look at me. He seemed more irritated then pissed off, which I was glad.

“I like to cook.” I replied, as I started seasoning the steaks and putting them on the pan.

“Wow. What’s next?”

I ignored him, and put them in the stove, and I started cutting potatoes.

“What are you doing now?”

“Now look who’s asking a bunch of questions.” I turned toward him. His eyes flashed angrily, but it disappeared as quickly as it came. I turned around, and replied anyway, “I’m making mashed potatoes from scratch.”

“Why don’t you use the instant ones in the cupboard?”

“My mom always says it will only taste the best if you make it from scratch, your way.” I recited. I missed her so much.

“Wow.” He said, sarcastically.

“Okay, now we have to wait three minutes.” I said, and sat down at the table.

I had started humming, though I hadn’t realized it. Boulevard of Broken Dreams, was the song. Without noticing, a tear slipped from my eye, at the mention of my mom, but I wiped at it furiously, and remained sitting until the timer went and I pulled out the steaks. I finished the mash potatoes and pulled out two plates, two forks, and said, “Lets go.”

“I struggled not to spill the plates contents but made it to Tempest’s bedroom. I placed my plate on a small table, went through the bathroom door, and to another door. I knocked, asking, “Ella?”

She opened the door, “Yes, dear, what do ya need?”

“I made you dinner!” I said. I felt like a child, but oh well.

“You did?” Her eyes widened at the plate of food in my hand. “Oh, dear…. What did Tempest say about it?”

I furrowed my eyebrows at her sudden seriousness. “He didn’t seem to mind.” I gave her the food and she took it.

“Thank you dear.” And she closed the door.

I walked back to Tempest’s room and ate quickly. Then, took it down to the kitchen. Walking back, I glanced at the grande piano. I shook my head, and continued to Tempest’s room.

Image

When I got there, Tempest was gone. Confused, I sat on the bed, until Ella came crashing. Her worried eyes were the first thing I saw. I asked, “Ella, what’s wrong—?”

“Shh! I must warn you know. Something bad has happened. Something very bad….” Then, as a first, Ella was tearing up.

“Ella, wha-what happened?” I stammered. I’ve never seen her frightened, in the short time I’ve been here, which scared the hell out of me.

“The King!” She exclaimed. “He’s been assasinated….” She glanced at the door. “Tempest is not taking it well. Refer to him as ‘Master’ and do whatever he tells you. You have to or you might not make it through the night….Please, Blaze. I’m begging you. Just do what he says, or it will only make matters worse.”

This couldn’t be good.

I swallowed, and nodded weakly.

Then she left, scurrying out the door and into her room.

And so I waited for my possible death.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, what an ending, right?