Sequel: Until we bleed
Status: Active; No comments this update? Fine, I won't make another one :)

They Say That True Love Hurts, Well This Could Almost Kill Me

Chapter Eight

After I had been left alone, I started traveling through the halls, looking for entertainment, which I knew I probably wouldn’t find. I passed a million doors, but not bothered in opening any of them. Who knew what was behind them?

I looked up from my feet to see the end of the hall, and sighed. Guess I’m turning around….

But then I heard footsteps.

I panicked, not wanting to get in trouble. I ran to the end of the hall, yanked open a door, and slammed it behind me.

Thank God….now if only they hadn’t heard me slam the door….

I slowly turned to see what room I had barged into.

I wanted to scream in pleasure.

It was what seemed to be a lounge room. There was a flat screen T.V., a computer, and even a couch with a coffee table. I jumped on the couch and lunged for the remote, hitting the power button with al my might.

The T.V. switched on, and a woman with short brown hair appeared on the screen, speaking into a microphone. I squinted my eyes, and went up to the T.V. to turn up the volume.

“….three months since the disappearance of Blaze West. Her parents are doing a vigorous search, not even resting. Let’s go to Wendy….”

Blaze West. That’s my name.

The screen switched to a grassy forest background, and a woman with black hair to her shoulders. With small eyes and also clutching a microphone in a light brown dress suit. She fixed her hair, and began to speak.

“The search for Blaze West is still going on. Not even the dogs can sniff her out, and there are no clues to her whereabouts. Though, her friends and family are not giving up so easily. Currently, they are searching White Forest, close to where she disappeared. Let’s go to some of her friends and see what they have to say.”

Jasmine, Fawn, and Wendy appeared from the corner of the screen. “Ladies,” The reporter started, “Do you have any messages to your missing friend?”

Fawn’s small innocent figure looked desperately into the camera. Jasmine’s worried eyes traveled to her, and so did Wendy’s.

Fawn had long brown hair, frizzy with slight blonde highlights. Not as light as mine, but a couple of shades darker. She was always the smallest in her classes, and she was incredibly shy. Her soft brown eyes looked straight into the camera, visibly ignoring her shyness, though her voice shook when she spoke.

“B-b-blaze. W-were going to find you, no matter what. I-I know your still alive out there. I-I can feel it. We….” She took in a deep breath, and Jasmine put her hand on her shoulder. Fawn shook, but looked back up into the camera. “We won’t give up—“

My fingers slammed on the remote buttons, clicking several until it would finally switch. It went to some Mexican channel, but I didn’t seem to notice. I rested my elbows on my knees, then y face on my palms. I didn’t have the tears to cry. But I just thought.

It wasn’t a very depressed thinking. It was actually more….victorious.

Suck that, bastards. They’re going to find me. They’re not givng up, and I won’t let them.

Wait—the computer.

I jerked up at the thought, my gaze flew to the screen and I scrambled off the couch to it. I wiggled the mouse. It wasn’t locked by a password, nothing at all. I clicked on the Internet, and it opened a page. I quickly started typing, “facebook.com” in the search box.

I got to the home page.

I logged in, getting it wrong about five times just because my fingers kept slipping excitedly off the keys. I got in and quickly clicked on one of my friends, “Fawn Grande.”

Her page came up. And I took a moment to stare at her profile picture, which was Jasmine, Fawn, and me at Hurricane Harbor. I was drenched in my bikini, and Fawn wore a one piece. Jasmine, who was very tall, with a lean body and dark brown hair, wore also a bikini, in dark green, with hints of gold.

I clicked, “send message,” and started typing—

But then I heard footsteps, coming fast.

—I typed: “I’m alive” and panicked at trying to shut down the computer. I finally just yanked out the plug, and jerked away from the computer.

The door opened wide, and Ella stepped in. “There you are!” She exclaimed, walking over and grabbing my hand. She pulled me out into the hallway, and guided me down. “The prince has asked that we get you fitted for clothes.”

“Why?”

“So you can stop borrowing his.”

Oh.
♠ ♠ ♠
I know it's short, but I'm lazy today. Last night, I had given the readers a chapter of Fallen. I think it's much better than any story I've done, cause I'm not doing it blindly. I know where it's going, and I can't wait to get it done and see how it turns out! XD