Status: Slowly working on this

Secrets Can Be Deadly

III

I woke up earlier than I expected the next day. Everyone was sound asleep and I decided it would be no good lying in bed waiting for someone else to stir out of slumber. I got ready for the day and put on my green and black robes as I tried to remind myself that I actually had to do classes instead of just mess around with the plan. I silently left the room and when down to the common room. It actually looked quite cozy early in the morning even though it was a dungeon. A fire was already blazing in the fireplace and I couldn’t stop myself from going to stand in front of it. What I didn’t expect was a hidden Draco Malfoy sitting in the couch admiring the flames in the fireplace as well. I jumped back a little and clutched my heart in surprise.

“Why do you have to be so bloody silent?” I asked him once I settled my racing heart down.

“Why do you have to invade my personal time?” he shot back. I nodded at him and realized that everyone needed their time alone and I wouldn’t want to be disturbed either. I muttered an apology and turned to leave.

“Picking up on the slang, are we now?” I heard Draco ask. I turned back around and joined him on the couch despite my mind telling me not to.

“It’s kind of hard not to, don’t you think?” I answered with the best British accent I could come up with. I saw Draco’s eyes flicker and an amused look appeared across his face.

“That was pretty decent; for an American anyways.” I rolled my eyes and directed my attention back to the lovely fire. I could still feel his gaze and felt myself freeze in place as he spoke to me.

“Your eyes…” his voice trailed off and it seemed like a century before I was able to meet his eyes with mine.

“What about them?” I asked nervously.

“They hold secrets…” I shivered. “I’m dying to find out what they are Ankeny.” I tried to ignore how this was the first time he said my first name as I cleared my throat.

“As do yours Draco…but it seems like I already know some of yours.” My eyes went wide and we both knew the last part was not supposed to escape my lips. I started to panic and tried to run, but he wouldn’t let me.

“What do you mean you already know?” Malfoy looked deadly while he held my arm tight in his grasp once more. I tried to cover up my huge mistake.

“It was nothing. I only said that to get at you and it worked!” We both knew this was a pathetic attempt.

“Don’t lie to me! Now tell me the truth!” He demanded. I shook my head and lamely tried to free myself from his stone grip. This only aggravated him more. I shook as he rapidly brought out his wand and held it close to my neck. I started to whimper with fear. This wasn’t how the plan was supposed to go! He slowly leaned close to my ear to whisper deadly words, his hand still like a vice on my arm.

“I can kill you with a flick of my wand. Now you better tell me or-”

“Am I interrupting something?” Draco dropped his wand out of sight and his hand let go of my bruised arm. I rubbed it in hopes of the pain dulling. It did no good. Relief flooded over me as I watched Blaise stand there awkwardly awaiting an answer.

“No, nothing at all.” I managed to mutter as my cheeks turned crimson. I knew they had no need to, but I couldn’t help but think that it had to do with how close Malfoy was to me. This was never a good thing to admit.

“Are you sure? Because it seemed like you two were getting awfully close with each other, if you know what I mean.” With this, Draco’s cheeks mimicked mine immediately.

“I wouldn’t touch Daniels in a million years. Centuries even!” Malfoy half yelled to Blaise. I raised an eyebrow and decided it was my turn to have my say.

“I really doubt that Malfoy.” I started to move closer to him and watched as he backed away from my harsh stare. “You see, you’re a guy, a poor excuse for one, but a guy nonetheless and you see…guys who like girls can’t help but have some sort of attraction to any girl. Look at you and Pansy for example. She’s like a dog and you don’t seem to mind every other night when you’re with her.”

I could tell he was getting furious at my words and I really wanted to laugh, but I continued on as I slammed him against the wall. “And even though we both would never want to have a romantic relationship with one another, you can’t say that there’s no possible way that one could happen under different circumstances. So don’t lie Malfoy. I. Hate. People. Who. Lie.” By now, the whole house had come to see what the commotion was about. I stared harshly at the crowd and left the room at once. I was angry at myself for being an absolute hypocrite.

***

“What did you reckon that all meant?” Blaise asked Draco once Ankeny left in an angry rush.

“I think it has to do with something and I’m determined to find out exactly what that something is she’s hiding.” Draco said as he walked out of the room also.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh, oh. She slipped up! :P It's sad that I'm not going to reveal her secret for awhile. :)