I'm in Love With a Fool

Part Eleven

Zach’s POV

“Whats happened to you Zacky?” Matt asked. It was late – around 9pm – Wednesday night, the day we met up for band practise then stayed at Matt’s to watch TV and drink alcohol.
I glanced up from my guitar, everyone else had packed their instruments away but I still sat on my chair strumming endlessly.

“What do you mean?” I frowned, finally placing my guitar in the case that lay at my feet.

“Dude,” Johnny started standing up to grab another bottle of beer. “You’ve been staring at the door ever since Val and Lea said they were going to get Cady.”

And you carried her books for her yesterday,” Jimmy shrugged, taking the bottle Johnny was handing to him.

I leant back I the arm-chair I was sat in, rolling my eyes.

“Zacky’s in lurrrve!” Syn exclaimed, appearing back in Matt’s garage from the kitchen.

“Fuck you,” I mumbled only to get a laugh from each of them in reply.

Cady POV

“Oh, hey Val, Leana,” I said, almost in surprise, when I answered the door the next night.

“We were sitting in Matt’s garage, as we usually do, when we realised someone was missing,” Leana grinned.

“Plus, Zacky was pining,” Val smirked “But…do not tell him we said that okay?”

I laughed “Sure,” I agreed grabbing my coat and stepping out of the door.

-*-

“So, your sister’s no longer talking to you cause of us?” Val asked as we made our way through the kitchen towards a door I could only guess was to the garage.

I nodded as she turned the handle to open said door, I had been explaining to both her and Leana what had happened between me and my younger sister on the way.

As soon as the door swung open I saw Zach, who had been slumped in the arm-chair directly opposite the door, scramble – almost in a panic – so he was sat up straight. Nearly knocking his beer over in the process.

“Hey guys!” I smiled, deciding to ignore Zach’s little panic attack “I hear you forgot me.”

“Is that what she told you?” Matt asked, nodding towards Val.

I crossed my arms and shut my eyes. Shaking my head I raised my nose in the air, as if in disgust.

Before I knew it I had the weight of five – rather huge – guys on top of me, forcing me to the ground.

GUUYS!” I whined, opening my eyes to see Matt was the one directly on top of me. His arms snaked around my waist, pulling me into a tight hug – Brian, Zach, Johnny and Jimmy lay on his back “Get. Off. Me!”

I heard Val and Leana’s laughter as I spoke “Don’t laugh!” I called out “Help me!
“Come on you lot,” Leana said in a bored sounding tone of voice “Get off Cady – you’ll hurt her!”
“Yes mom,” the guys all mumbled from above me, slowly getting off.

As the last guy – possibly Jimmy – left Matt’s back he stood, keeping his arms around my waist so he pulled me with him.
MATT!” I exclaimed as he threw me over his shoulder “What are you doing?!”

He ignored my sentence as he crossed the room, finally stopping a few seconds later. He lifted me from over his shoulder so I was laying across his arms bridal style.
Then, he dropped me onto the arm-chair directly in front of us.
And straight onto Zach’s knee.

I grinned as I wriggled around in his lap to get comfy – remembering the talk Brian had given me on how my new found confidence drove Zach wild.

I glanced up at his smiling face as his arms slowly snaked around my waist. The thumb of his left hand tracing circles lightly on my back.
The tips of his ears flushed to a shade of pink as I lay my head on his chest.