I'm in Love With a Fool

Part Seventeen

Monday

Zach's POV

I saw Cady almost as soon as I turned into the corridor her locker was situated on.

She was stood in the center of the hallway - a lost expression on her face.

"Hey!" I called out, grasping her attention straight away. She looked up and grinned "You okay?"

"I suppose," She replied when I was finally stood directly in front of her. "I just haven't seen Debs or Monique for days,"

I smiled, placing my hand in hers and lacing our fingers "I'm sure they'll come around."

She shrugged, an uneasy look on her face "I hope you're right."

"Sweetie, I'm Zacky Vengeance - I'm always right," I smirked, finally getting a true smile off her. "Come on then," I added, my tone softer as I squeezed her hand "We got a class to get to."

Cady's POV

I was already sick of prom.

Posters hung on the walls - pleading for ideas.

We were just entering February and prom was scheduled to be in March; earlier than usual.

So EVERYONE was panicking.

When I voiced my feelings to Zach the next day - Tuesday 2nd February - he smiled.

"You just wanna ignore it," He stated, pulling one of the prom posters adorning the walls down and pushing it into one of the bins "I do."

I grinned. "So what're we doing Saturday?" It'd be our 2nd official date. He hadn't asked me to be his girlfriend just yet but it didn't bother me. It was me he spent all his time with - he hadn't so much as spoken to any of his cheerleading admirers since our 1st date.

"I was thinking the beach," he said, chewing the right of his snakebite piercing. "But, only if that's what you wanna do," he said when we stopped outside the class he had walked me to - Art.

I smiled, kissing him on the cheek "That sounds lovely Zach."

He blushed slightly as I did so. "Go on," he muttered pushing me slightly towards the Art room door. "Go wow the people with your mega rad Art skills."

Lunch came round almost too fast.

"Cade baby!" A shout erupted across the school grounds as me, Val and Brian reached our usual tree.

Leana came speeding down the small hill, jumping on me in a tight hug.

"I didn't see you this morning hon," she pouted as she pulled away from me. "Where were you?"

I shrugged "By my locker. Kinda hoping to run into Debs or Monique to be honest."

A sympathetic look came to her face immediately "They'll come round soon chick."

"Come on you pair!" Matt called from where Val and him were sat beneath the tree.

Leana rolled her eyes "You lot are so fucking impatient!" She mumbled grabbing my hand to lead me up the hill.

"Where're Zach and Jimmy?" I asked noticing that the two were missing.

Johnny shrugged "Well, they just had chem class I think. Probably had to stay behind for fucking about."

I laughed, it did sound like something they would do without thinking about the consequences. Especially in a class taught by a teacher they hated.

"Hey Cade?" Brian asked detaching himself from Kirsti for a few seconds. "Aren't they your old friends?"

I quickly glanced over in the direction he was pointing. Sitting themselves down under our neighboring tree were Debbie and Monique.

Without thinking I made my way across the hill almost straight away.

"H-hi," I stuttered once I had finally reached them.

Debbie was the first to look up "Hello," she finally answered blankly, barely looking at me.

"So..." I started, only to be interrupted as soon as the two letters left my mouth.

"This is a private conversation sorry," Debbie snapped harshly."

"But..."

"And we don't even know you anymore," she added, eying my skinny jeans, tight fitted AC/DC shirt and straightened hair.

I watched, shocked, as they both packed their stuff up and walked away.

Leaving me to stare blankly at the spaces they had left.

Zach's POV

As soon as me and Jimmy rounded the corner we saw Cady - Debbie and Monique storming away from their shocked looking friend.

"I'd go see if she's alright if I were you," Jimmy said, nudging me as Cady's right hand shakily covered her mouth, like she was holding back tears.

I nodded. Turning quickly I jogged up the hill.

"Cady?" I muttered softly when I finally reached her.

A look of relief came to her face when she realized it was me.

"Zach," she whimpered as I pulled her into a tight hug. "They hate me," she sobbed, burying her face in my chest.
♠ ♠ ♠
Whoa

My first chapter on Mibba in a whilee!
I'll be shocked if you're all still interested.

I'm sorry guys but I'm back now I promise.

Comments?

Sam xxoo