I'm in Love With a Fool

Part Twenty One

I managed to be late for school the next day.

"Sorry," I mumbled to my art teacher once I'd entered the class.

Val and Brian gave me confused looks as I sat on my chair at our regular table.

"Is this the only lesson you turn up for?" I asked Brian as I opened my sketch book to a clean page.

He shrugged "I come in for lunch."

"That isn't a lesson Brian!" I giggled.

He shrugged for the second time "Art and lunch are like the same. We chill out in both but in lunch has more food involved."

Val shook her head at our conversation "So what's with the late-ness chick?"

I sighed "Me and Britt had this really big fight."

"Over?"

"Stupid stuff," I replied rooting in my rucksack for my art pencils. "Her jock friends are coming round later. My mom's out so gather as many of the others and be round at mine for like...5?"

Brian grinned, unfolding his arms and leaning on the table with his elbows - his chin resting on his palms,

I narrowed my eyes. "What?"

"Can we bring alcohol?"

"Whatever."

*

"Cadence! What the fuck?"

"Wow Britt. Not even a hello," I smiled sarcastically.

"Your 'friends' are at the door," she pouted, folding her arms across her stomach.

My smiled evolved to a grin as I jumped to my feet. "I'm allowed friends in the house too Brittany," I said as I made my way to the door "Come in guys!" I exclaimed when I noticed the only people missing were Lacey and Kirsti.

"Lookin' good Britt-ster," Brian winked as he walked past us to go into the living room, exchanging an amused look with Johnny as Britt blushed.

"Hey baby," Zach grinned shutting the door as he was the last to come in and giving me a kiss.

"Have fu-un," I said to Britt mockingly as Zach and I wandered through to the living room hand in hand.

"Does your sister hate us Cady?" Val asked, loud enough for Britt to hear.

I shrugged "Nah its me she hates Val," I replied as I brought glasses in for everyones drink from the kitchen.

"I find that hard to believe," Zach smiled sweetly, pulling me into his lap and kissing me on the cheek.

Brian pulled a face "Y'know, I think I liked it better when you two were mega shy around each other."
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

Samxx