I'm in Love With a Fool

Part Twenty Nine

I stared at my reflection in the living room mirror.

"You look gorgeous sweetie," My mom gushed, making me feel a bit sick - sine when has she ever cared?

I checked myself over for the hundredth time. My dress was plain black, a white pattern on the front at the top. I turned my head to look over my shoulder - the back of the dress was my favourite part. It had a corset design going down to the middle of the dress - showing off the white beneath the black.

My hair was partly clipped back - in the same style as I'd worn it on my first date with Zach. Eyeliner lined both top and bottom lids of my eyes, accompanying silver eyeshadow.

My gaze switched from myself to the clock. 6:45pm. Zach was due any minute - prom started at 7 but, apparently, it was the 'cool thing to do' if we turned up late.

Boys.

"I'm so proud of you honey!" Mom grinned, hugging me as the doorbell rang.

What for? I thought about asking as I journeyed from the living room to the front door Wearing a stupid fucking dress and going to prom. Nice mom, real nice.

"Wow Cady," Zach muttered once I had swung the door open.

"You kids have fun!" My mom called from the living room as I slammed the door shut.

"Wow yourself!" I grinned once I was properly able to look at what he was wearing. A black tux was in place of his usual jeans and hoodies. Beneath his jacket a pure white shirt had taken place of the band t-shirts he always wore - a bow tie lying at the collar.

"Fucking bow tie...couldn't do it up..." he muttered under his breath.

I giggled "I think it looks cute!" I grinned, poking his nose as we reached his car.

"You suck," he joked, walking round to the drivers side.

"You love me though!" I laughed, suddenly shutting my mouth as I realized what I had said.

Zach just stared at me over the top of the car, a sweet smile on his lips.

Tonight was gunna be special.

I could feel it.

*

The school's gym was packed.

Tables dotted around, a large dancefloor lay between them.

Music - not to our taste - pulsated through the room, lights flashing along to the beat.

We had all been sitting at the largest table, discussing the sucky taste in music, for an hour when Zach announced he was going to get some punch.

"I'll have some!" Everyone called out (apart from Jimmy who was being dragged to the dancefloor by Leana) as Zach moved me off his knee - kissing me sweetly on the cheek - so he could stand.

I watched as he walked away.

"Zach's family seem to like you," Val smiled "His mom was talking to mine yesterday and all she was talking about was how nice and pretty Zach's new girlfriend was."

I grinned, all my past worries of ex-friends and family flew away as she said this. The feeling of acceptance was amazing.

"Zach's gunna need some help with the punch," Brian announced after counting the 7 people at our table "Last time I checked he only had 2 hands."

I laughed "I'll go." I stood before he did. Pulling my tongue out as I passed him.

As I approached the punch table I noticed a prep talking to Zach as he poured the liquid into the 8 cups he had lined up next to the bowl.

Seriously - are they unable to take a hint?

I stopped once I became within hearing distance.

"I know about your little deal with Brian, Zach."

Deal? I frowned, what deal?

Zach seemed to be as confused as me as he answered "W-what do you mean?"

The girl laughed "Come on Zach!" She paused for a few seconds "The one where he paid you to date Cadence!"

My whole world paused once she had uttered those words. I waited for Zach's reply.

Waited for his denial. Waited for him to say he thought she was a bitch to make up something like that up.

But that never happened.

Instead he stuttered "H-how did y-you find o-out?"

Tears brimmed my eyes as I was unable to be a spectator to the conversation any more.

"Z-zach?" I said, my voice barely audible over the awful dance music.

He spun round, almost knocking the drinks over "Cady! I-"

"How could you?" I shook my head in disbelief.

"Cady!" He called as I turned and stormed out of the gym.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ooo.

There's this one, the next one then the last one to go then the sequel! yay haha

101 subscribers now!! Yay!! Makes me happy.

Jus like watching the Avenged videos on All Excess with the commentary on...those boys make me laugh xD

Comments?
Samxxoo