I'm in Love With a Fool

Part Thirty

He found me sat outside - in the rain - beneath 'our' tree 10 minutes later.

"Leave me alone."

He shook his head "I can't leave you like this."

"Why?" I scoffed, tears rolling down my cheeks as I spoke "How much are you getting off Brian for being here?"

"Cady - it's not how it seems-"

I laughed - surprising myself as well as Zach "How the fuck is it not how it seems?"

Zach stared at me silently.

"I can't take this," I said getting to my feet and walking down the hill towards the car park.

"Cady?" I looked over to the gym's entrance to see Brian "What's happened?"

"You are the fucking last person I want to see right now Brian Haner," I snapped. Pointing over my shoulder I added "Apart from that dick."

"Cady please!" Zach shouted grabbing my arm and spinning me round to face him "Listen to me!"

"Are you going to tell me this is all a lie?" I asked, my voice barely a whisper as more tears emerged from my eyes and rolled down my cheek. "Are you going to assure me Brian didn't pay you to date me?"

He hung his head slightly "It was only the first date."

My jaw dropped "I don't fucking believe you," I snarled "Why would he only pay you for one date?"

"Cady-" tears were falling from his eyes now.

"-did you get extra for holding my hand? Kissing me? That time in your room? Bringing me to prom?"

"CADY! Please..."

"Please what Zach?" I shouted, my voice shaking as I sobbed.

"I love you," was all he said, not even blinking as his teary eyes locked with mine.

"No you don't," I shook my head "What you love is Syn's money," I spat - storming past him to make my way home.

He followed me, standing in front of me once again. "Please don't go," he pleaded "Let me explain..."

"I don't EVER want to see you - or your friends - again Zachary Baker!" I shouted pushing him out of my way so i could go home.

This time he didn't even try to stop me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?

Samxxoo