I'm in Love With a Fool

Part Seven

Cady POV

My hand flew across the once snow white page. Pencil marks formed my latest sketch…when the doorbell rang.

“I’ll get it!” Britt called, I rolled my eyes. I could hear her and her friends even though I was upstairs and they were in the den, downstairs.
Although I tried to block out any noise I found myself listening to my sister answering the door.

“Oh. Erm…h-hi,” I heard her stutter.
Then a voice I thought I’d never hear at my front door spoke.
“Hey, is Cady in?”
Zach.

I jumped to my feet, not knowing what to do.
“Cade! It’s for you!!” Britt called up the stairs, jealousy filling her voice.
I took a deep breath and ran down the stairs.

“Hey!” Zach’s perfect smile greeted me.

“Uhm, hi,” I replied, nervously tugging on the sleeves of my hoodie.

“I was wondering if you’d like to come to the movies with me, Syn and Kirsti a week on Saturday,” He said, his hands deep in his pockets as he leant casually against the door frame.

I must have stared at his in disbelief for, what felt like, hours.
“Er, Cady?”

I shook my hair out of my face – trying to get my thoughts together.
“I – er…sure?” I replied hoping what I’d stuttered made any sense.

He nodded calmly “Cool, see you tomorrow yea?”
Then, without waiting for a reply, he turned around and walked away.
Leaving me to deal with my heart attack.

-*-

The weekend came around way too fast, following the weirdest week of my high school life.
I’d spent both Thursday and Friday lunchtime with Zach, Val, Brian, Matt, Jimmy and Johnny.

My sister no longer acknowledged me.

And I hadn’t heard even a whisper from Debs or Monique.

I had been awake for barely half an hour when a shout up the stairs from my mum told me there was someone at the door for me.

Pulling my usual plain black hoodie over my head I made my way to the front door.

Waiting for me was Val, her dark brown hair tied back in a high ponytail.
Stood next to her was a girl even shorter than me. She had her long light brown hair also tied back, hers in two bunches.

“Er, hi?” I said, biting my bottom lip as I always did when I was slightly nervous.

“Hey Cady! Can we come in?” Val asked, I nodded and stepped aside so the two girls could fit past me “This is Leana by the way,” she added, I nodded once more – I’d heard a lot about Leana Silver, Jimmy’s girlfriend, over the past few days. “She finally got back from NY.”

“Enough about me anyway,” Leana grinned, showing off a line of perfect pearly white teeth as she flicked a strand of hair off her face. “I’ve heard a lot about you Cadence from our Val here.”

“Y-you have?” I asked as we wandered up to my room – away from the embarrassment that was my family.

“Yep,” Leana shrugged. “You’re Cadence Marie Geller – really pretty (which I’ve noticed), awesome artist and a really nice person,” she said picking up one of my sketches and nodding “Again, which I’ve noticed.”

“Anyways, I bet you’re wondering why we’re here,” Val said taking the sketches Leana was looking at off her and placing them back on my desk.

“Erm…well…kinda,” I replied, the nervous habit of biting my lip back once more.
“So, we heard it’s your birthday tomorrow,” she began explaining as she reached into her bag, retrieving a white enveloped card and a brightly wrapped small present.

“You didn’t have to!” I smiled, placing the card and gift on my cluttered desk.

Val nodded “We did.”

“But that isn’t it,” Leana said, her grin still in place. “Val told me when I got back yesterday that you said you wanted a change.”

I laughed “Yea, I suppose I do,” I agreed, running a hand though my boring mousey brown curls.

“Well, see this gorgeous hair cut here?” she asked, pointing to Val’s head. “That’s a Leana Silver original.”

I grinned, finally realising what was going on as Leana reached into her own bag and retrieved a box of black hair dye.
♠ ♠ ♠
pst...turning point of our Cady's life right there ^^
xD

Sam xo