Status: Completed

You're Everything I Could Ask For

You're Everything I Could Ask For

I turned the key and opened the front door to my house. I sighed happily as I dropped my bag on the small table near the door and kicked off my shoes. It had been a long and hard day at work and I was glad to be home. I was also excited to see John.

He had just come back from a three month tour and I had taken his first two days back off from work, and today was my first day back. He had a month off before he went into the studio to start on the new record. I was just happy that I finally got to be with him. After 5 years of rarely getting to see my boyfriend, I cherished the days we got to spend together.

“John?” I called through the house we shared. “Are you here?” I asked but was not answered. I frowned and began walking towards our bedroom. I saw something on the wall in my peripheral vision and backed up and turned to look at it. It was a post-it note stuck to the wall that read:

“I love… →”

I grinned when I recognized that it was in John’s handwriting. I walked slowly in the direction of the arrow and found a second note reading:

“the way you crinkle your nose… →”

I smiled and followed that note’s arrow. I came to another note saying:

“and the way you snort when you laugh really hard… →”

I blushed because I hated that I did that. I continue the hunt for the next note and came to one reading:

“and how our bodies fit perfectly when we hug… →”

I continued to the next one that said:

“and the way you still sing along to my music at every concert… →”

I hurried along excitedly to the next one:

“and the way you wake me up with a kiss… →”

My excitement to get to the end grew with every note I found:

“and the way your smile makes my heart race… →”

I couldn’t help the grin growing on my face as I continued:

“and your body, your eyes, your lips, your voice, your touch… →”

I hurried to the next one:

“and the fact that I could fill every inch of wall space with things I love about you… →”

I practically ran to the next note:

“but most of all, I love how I’ve never been happier than when I’m with you. →”

I bit down on my lip as I started to get emotional:

“What I’m trying to say is that… →”

After have run around our entire house, I finally came to the final note posted on our bedroom door:

“I am completely and whole-heartedly in love with you.”

Since there was no arrow, I decided to open the bedroom door, excited to find out the meaning of all this. There, a few feet in front of me stood John, wearing his grin that always made me melt. I ran the few steps to him and tackled him in a hug, causing him to stumble back a step and chuckled breathily in my ear.

“I love you too John.” I grinned, looking up into his eyes. His eyes were filled with love, but the rest of his expression was filled with nerves.

“You make me the happiest man in the world every time you say that.” He smiled, taking my hand. “And I was hoping that you would do me the honor of making me the happiest man in the world for the rest of my life.” He said, backing up a little and getting down on one knee. It took me a second to register what was happening, but once I did, my eyes immediately started to tear up and my free hand shot up, covering my wide-open mouth. He pulled the most beautiful ring I’ve ever seen from his pocket and looked up at me. “Will you marry me?”

I stood shaking, the tears streaming down my face freely. I wanted to scream ‘yes’ but I couldn’t form words. I just felt myself nodding my head vigorously. The biggest grin I’d ever seen spread across his face, repelling all the nerves from his expression. His shaky hand slipped the ring onto my finger of the hand he was holding. Once he stood up, his arms were instantly wrapped around me, pulling me into a tight hug. I instinctively wrap my arms around his neck and bury my face into his chest. After a moment, I pull back and found his lips with mine; pulling him into the most passionate kiss we’ve ever shared.

“I love you so much John.” I breathed after having to pull back from the kiss in need of air.

“You have no idea how much I love you.” He said before reattaching our lips with no intent of stopping.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy :]
Comment :]
Requests for any One-shots?