‹ Prequel: If You Only Knew

I Knew I Loved You

Six

I sat on the couch in the basement as Adam practiced a few songs with the guys. He was trying pretty hard to get my attention, but it wasn't working. I was beyond mad at him for pulling that stunt earlier. And I had better things to do then watch him sing. Like tweet about my rage. But directly after I sent the tweet, Adam's phone buzzed. Oh great.

"'Adam is the biggest jerk in the world! I think I'd rather die then be in the same room as him.'" He read, looking up at me with a bit of a smile on his face. He wasn't taking me seriously, again. "Aw darling, I know it's hard to resist me, but try. Okay?" He put his phone on the arm of the couch and bent down to kiss me. I turned my head away from him.

"Shot down. Again." James teased. They obviously knew now, since Adam hadn't been trying to hide it now. And he told them too I guess. But Adam just waved him off and went back to his position in front of the microphone with his guitar.

I really don't know how long they practiced for, but probably a while because when I opened my eyes, the basement was dark from lack of sunlight. As I sat up a little, I looked to see them putting their stuff to the side. "Ahh, she's finally awake." Mickey said as he looked over. I pushed some of my hair back, still tired.

"What time is it?" I asked, looking for my phone. It was probably between the cushions or something. And I wasn't in the mood to look for it right now.

"A little after eight." Adam said, walking over. I grabbed one of the energy drinks that was sitting beside me, and opened it. "You shouldn't be drinking that this late." He took it just as I took a sip, resulting in it spilling all over. I screamed from the coldness.

"Adam!" I shouted, jumping up. I shook it out of my hair a bit, then tried to wring it out of my shirt. "Go!" I pointed across the room,

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean too!" He defended himself as he handed me a towel. I blotted my shirt, which didn't work very well.

"Yeah, you didn't mean a lot of stuff." I muttered, only realizing what I said after the words escaped my mouth. I know he was just looking out for me, and I was being really rude about it. No matter how mad I was, it was an accident.

But it was a little too last to take it back. Instead he just backed up and went back to his friends. I bit my lip as I watched him, but walked upstairs.

He had been apologizing for months now, and I had been acting like a cold hearted bitch to him. And honestly, I don't even know why I couldn't forgive him. If he had told me to tell my family I was dating, but they surprised me and asked me, I would have denied it too. Maybe he wanted to wait until we were more serious. Or maybe he wanted to tell them when the time was right.

This entire time he had been nothing but nice, and I kept shooting him down. And I know how that feels. It hurts even more when you love someone.

I walked into the kitchen to find my dad scooping chocolate ice cream into some chocolate pudding. I watched him as he stirred them together. "Hey dad." I leaned onto the counter, dipping my finger into the mixture. I licked it off.

"Hi buttercup, what's up?" He grabbed a container and some popsicle sticks then poured the chocolate goop into the container. I tried to think of how to word it.

"Do you think I should forgive Adam?" I asked, sitting on the stool. My dad handed me the bowl and spoon while he put the pudding mixture into the freezer. I licked the spoon a little bit.

"If you have to ask this question, you're at least considering it. And by considering it, that means either your mind or heart wants you too." He took the bowl from me when I finished and set it in the sink. "Just gotta figure out now if it's your heart that wants him back, or your mind." He said after kissing my forehead. I watched him as he walked out.

"That wasn't helpful!" I yelled after him, then sighed.
♠ ♠ ♠
OR WAS IT?
D:
I suck at updating, don't I? >__> I was working though for a while, so I have an excuse. xD

At 30 comments, I'll update again. ;3 Okay? <33
Feel free to tweet this as well! :D Just include my username (@yoashleydawn) and I'll @ reply you <3

-Ashley Dawn