Status: Active; We're working on another though so we'll update as much as possible.

Runaway Love

Lost Souls

Mady Rae

I must trust Steven, and I know it's still a little bit risky because I don't know what he could do or what he's capable of but I knew I trusted him when he said those five words.

'Follow me, you'll be safe.' He smiled at me.

I knew I needed him. I knew I could trust him, he would help me.. I loved him because he knew what I was doing considering the fact he's went through the same thing. I've only known him for about sixteen hours now and I already trusted him, enough to tell him stuff I wouldn't tell anyone.

"Steven?"

"Yeah, Mady Rae?" He stopped and looked at me.

"I appreciate what you're doing for me. Thanks, a lot."

"No problem. I'm honestly glad we met." He turned to face me and opened his arms for a hug.

I smiled before hugging him, at first it felt weird but I know he'd never hurt me.

"Are you hungry? We could go eat, and we need to get you a new hoodie."

"Why do I need a new hoodie?" I asked.

"Dude, that thing won't keep you warm enough. Plus, the thicker the better because the bugs won't bother you as much."

I nodded, and the sudden urge to scratch my mosquito bite came rushing back to my mind. I lifted my hand and put it on the knuckle on my left hand.

Steven looked at me, "Don't. We'll get you something to stop the itching." He shook his head.

"Yeah, but it hurts now that you mentioned it again."

"Too bad. Mady Rae, are you hungry?"

I nodded.

"Okay. We'll go to the same diner a few blocks away."

------------

Steven

I began walking and Mady Rae followed behind me, every few minutes I'd glance back to see if she was still there because she was so quiet. I stopped in front of the diner and noticed the same girl, who always sat in the corner alone had someone sitting across from her, a guy. I held the door open and she walked past me into the diner, I inhaled and smelt french fries and cheap cologne, and a little bit of.. hmm.. chocolate. I looked around for Helena, the waitress who always worked nights and had been serving me since the first time I came in here and spotted her. Mady Rae had sat down at a table a few feet away from the corner where the girl was. I walked up and plopped down next to her. Mady Rae and I engaged in simple conversation before Helena walked up.

"Hey Steven, what can I get you?"

"The usual, please." I smiled at her.

"Okay," She smiled and looked at Mady Rae. "and.. uh what about you?"

"I'll take a burger. Thanks so much."

Helena nodded and walked off, I looked at the corner table where that girl was sitting with the young boy who looked so familiar. The boy looked at me and a smile came across his face, he got up and came over to me, still smiling.

"Steven?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yeah..?"

"Dude! It's me! Peter."

That's when it hit me, I used to tutor Peter before I ran away. Even though I dropped out I still helped him when he needed it, he only lived down the street so we were always hanging out together, until I ran away. I stopped going around the neighborhood because I knew it someone saw me they'd tell my father and that wouldn't end well.

"Wow. Hey, you've grown up."

"Yeah. So this is where you've been since you took off?"

I nodded, "Yeah. Why are you over here on this side of town?"

"Long story short mom died dad abused."

"Ah, I'm sorry bro. How long ago did Megan die?"

"About seven months." He frowned and moved his hair from his eyes.

Mady Rae cleared her throat.

"Oh uh Peter, this is Mady Rae."

"Nice to meet you, my dear." He extended a hand out to her.

She smiled and shook his hand.

"Yeah so Pete, who is your friend?" I motioned to the nameless but familiar face I've seen everyday.

"Oh that's Dawn. She's kinda taking me in."

"You can come along with us, if you'd like." I told them. "And your friend can too."

He looked back at 'Dawn' and shrugged, "I dunno man, I mean she was nice enough to take me under her wing, I wouldn't want to betray her."

Dawn pushed up out of her seat and stood next to Peter.

"Peter she can come too! Dipshit, did you not here me say that?"

"I hate you," He laughed. "I'm s used to your shit that I was expecting something worse then 'dipshit' but uh I guess."

"Let Mady Rae eat, then we'll go." I told them.

"We can go back to my alley, no one goes near there."

"Yeah, sure sounds good."

"Okay."

Helena brough back our food and I ate my simple salad while on the other hand Mady Rae rushed through eating her burger. I smiled once I was finished and gave Helena her tip.

"Follow me."

We followed Dawn to her alley and smiled it wasn't dirty and it actually didn't smell. I sat down on the cold cement and looked at Peter, Dawn and Mady Rae.