458 25 243

Chapter Three

It was 2:03 am at Xavier's school, everything was silent. Logan slept with his shirt off in his room, no nightmare. Jean and Scott shared a bed. Rogue and Bobby shared a room but separate beds. Everyone was asleep… except for Kurt.

He lay awake, staring at the ceiling. His tail twitched in annoyance. Grumbling to himself in German, he flipped his pillow over and tried to fall asleep.

3 minutes later his ears picked up on the sound of soft whimpering. He sat up in the dark room, curious. He could tell that the whimpering came from Ruby's room. Her room was between his and Logan's. The noises became louder and more desperate. BAMF! Kurt appeared in Ruby's room in a puff of blue smoke. He walked over next to her bed and saw her twitching and jerking in her sleep from the nightmare.

Kurt nervously put a cold hand on her forehead and another on her shoulder.

"Ruby, vake up." he murmured and shook her gently. She didn't wake up so he shook her harder.

Ruby woke up with a blood curdling shriek and sat straight up in bed, sweat on her forehead, she gasped for air for a few minutes then looked at Kurt who had a shocked expression on his face from her scream. She sighed in relief at his recognizable face.

"Oh, God. Kurt. I just had the worst nightmare," She whispered loudly. Kurt sat on the edge of her bed and she threw her arms around him, hugging him tightly. He hesitantly hugged her back and stroked her long black hair.

Logan burst through the door, claws drawn. Kurt jumped away from Ruby who's hair had turned bright pink with embarrassment,

"It was a nightmare…" She explained "Stryker kidnapped me…" her hair turned an innocent light blue.

Logan's claws went back into his arms. "I'm sorry." he said. The nightmares were his fault, when Ruby had read his mind to look for clues from Logan's past she saw everything that happened to him. That was one of the nightmares. Another was from the time Stryker had kidnapped her as bait to get to Logan.
♠ ♠ ♠
Again, sorry for typos. Comments are appreciated... I'm not so sure about this one.