‹ Prequel: Fat Kat
Status: Finished.

Runaway Kat

Mom

Katerina Jacobs.

Hangovers.

There was nothing great about them. They made you groggy. They made you weak.

Worst of all; they were the worst form of headaches.

Period.

I rolled onto my back; knowing at least we’d made it back to where Raven was currently staying. It was a relief to know I wasn’t in a stranger’s bed. I was on the hotel room sofa; while Raven and coincidentally Shane Abbots inhabited the bed.

Cheeky buggers got down and dirty while I was trying to sleep I’ll have you know.

I grabbed my bag; and pulled my phone out and noticed the many missed calls, voicemails and texts I’d received. I sighed, and started with the text messages- there was only 10 thank goodness.

FROM: Rox my Socks ;)
MESSAGE: Where the hell are you?! I swear to God if you don’t answer this; I’ll track you down and behead you!

FROM: Baby-cakes Kara ;)
MESSAGE: I’m no whore! I know you’re probably upset because of the way we treated you- but you can’t call me that Kat!

FROM: Ri-Ri ;)
MESSAGE: You called Kara a whore Kat... Not cool. And what you’re doing isn’t cool either! Come home now!

FROM: Zacky ;)
MESSAGE: Roxy’s stressing out about your sudden thrill of getting drunk. When she’s stressed; I’m stressed. You’re my friend, please just get home!

FROM: Jack-Attack! ;)
MESSAGE: DIE.

FROM: Jack-Attack! ;)
MESSAGE: That was harsh- sorry.

FROM: Jack-Attack! ;)
MESSAGE: Kat, come back now. You’re really beginning to frighten me... What are you playing at? Is this some form of guilt-trip? Well it’s working. Just because I got my revenge doesn’t mean I don’t love you and care about your well-being. Stop playing games; get home now!

FROM: Sexii Lexii ;)
MESSAGE: Do you think this is funny Kat? This is far from funny.

FROM: Sexii Lexii ;)
MESSAGE: Why aren’t you replying? Is something wrong? Are you ok? I guess I can understand why you’re not talking to me- but can you understand where I’m coming from here?

FROM: Sexii Lexii ;)
MESSAGE: I’m really worried now Katerina. Why are you doing this? I love you; you fool! Get home; you’re scaring the shit out of me here! Yes it upset me and made me angry when I caught you and Jack together; but stopping being stupid and come home!

I sighed, and closed my messages; before looking at my missed calls.

One from Roxy, Zack, Rian, Kara, Jack and Alex... And four from my dad?

My dad called me four times yesterday- something must be wrong; he never calls that many times unless something is really wrong. I listened to my voicemails- three from my dad.

“Katerina, give me a call when you get this ok?”

“Katerina darling, please answer your phone! This is important!”

“Kat; darling please; call me as soon as possible ok? It’s about your mum.”

I froze. About my mum? What was wrong with my mum? I dialled his number straight away; and he picked up after the second ring. “Kat thank God.” His voice was tired, miserable... What’s going on?

“Dad what’s wrong?” I asked urgently; and he let out a long sigh.

“It’s your mum; sweetie.” His voice was cracking. “She’s been in a car accident- she’s been fatally injured.”

Everything happening with me suddenly didn’t seem so important. My mum was fatally injured... “Will she be ok?” I asked weakly; scared of the answer. I heard my dad starting to sob; and I had my answer.

She wasn’t going to be ok.

“I’m coming home today. As soon as possible.”

“Thank you.” He whispered back; before hanging up. I shook Raven awake; and once I told her the news she shook Shane awake. Shane disappeared not before swapping numbers with Raven; and we two girls headed towards my home.

I opened the door; and as I suspected the four boys, Roxy and Kara shot out of the living room. They glanced at Raven; clearly confused as to why she was with me. Tears filled my eyes finally as I grasped the situation, and I dashed past them while they shouted up after me.

I didn’t have time.

I started chucking my clothes into my bags; without realising everyone had followed me up.

“What are you doing?!” Alex and Jack shouted simultaneously; but I didn’t reply, I just cried harder at the thought of my mum in the hospital bed; possibly on the verge of death.

“Kat please; what’s wrong?” It was Alex, asking softly. I looked up at him; and Jack and Alex look nothing but guilty. “It’s none of your concern.” I told them coldly; before zipping up my bags. Raven took one and I took the other; before walking outside. But someone grasped my arm and stopped me.

Jack.

“Kat please- tell us what’s wrong...” He said sadly; his eyes watering slightly. I shook his hand off; and shot him a look which clearly stated not to bother. He flinched away from me; before more of my tears fell.

“Just leave me alone!” I shouted icily; before dumping my bags into my car. Raven dumped her small bag in too alongside my other bag; and we took off without looking back.

Jack Barakat:

She really, really hated me.

I guess I deserved that. I was immature; wanting revenge like that. I was acting like a pubescent idiot! I couldn’t have done things normally! Was she leaving because of Alex and me? I hope not...

Roxy and Kara were in a state of shock, blaming themselves for her sudden departure. But their guilt was nothing compared to mine; or Alex’s for that matter.

Alex literally looked like somebody had slapped him a thousand times over in the face. He looked guilty; hurt, confused. I’m pretty sure my expressions mirrored his.

Suddenly, he pulled his phone out. “What are you doing?” Zack asked curiously. He didn’t answer; he just dialled a number and waited.

“Hey Mum; how are you?”

She spoke.

“I’m good too. I was just wondering; has something happened to Katerina’s parents?” A light-bulb flickered above my head. He was indirectly asking if Kat had gone back to Baltimore.

“She was? Oh dear; I hope she’s ok.”

Alex’s face fell when she spoke again.

“Oh God no...”

Did something bad happen? Oh God... That’ll make me feel even worse.

“Thanks mum; speak soon.”

He hung up; and we looked at him expectantly. He sighed, and ran a hand through his hair.

“Her mum was in a car accident,” My breathing hitched; and I visibly paled.

“They don’t think she’ll make it through the night.”
♠ ♠ ♠
R.I.P Mariah Jezelmaoe Decapa.