‹ Prequel: Fat Kat
Status: Finished.

Runaway Kat

Momma

Katerina Jacobs.

I could smell the eerie hospital scent; and shuddered. I felt sick to the core knowing my mum was in there battling for her life.

And losing.

Saying I’m scared would be a complete understatement, I was PETRIFIED.

My mum meant more to me than I could imagine; and now she was being taken from me. She didn’t deserve to be taken from this world; she’d done nothing wrong.

If anything I deserved to be taken; I’d messed around with two men at the same time at different times might I add. I ran away.

She had done nothing wrong.

She was as gracious as they came. I was reckless, I was cruel.

Raven clutched my hand as she parked up in the hospital car park; and smiled sympathetically.

“Are you ready?” She asked quietly; and I looked at her.

“No,” I started, bowing my head. “But I have to see her.” So, we both opened our doors and slowly made our way inside. I stepped up to the receptionist and enquired after my mum; and she told me where she was.

I dragged myself following the directions with Raven behind; before I finally came to a private room; with the blind up.

My mum looked frail. The multiple tubes sticking out of her arms were ripping me apart. She was dying, and there was nothing I could do to save her.

This was my mum.

This couldn’t be happening.

No...

No.

No!

NO!

I felt myself slumping to the ground in a heap; before I screamed to my heart’s content; knowing my life was ripping at the seams. I felt the wetness on my cheeks before I even realised I was crying heavily; and I felt the familiar arms of my father wrap around me before I even realised he’d left my mother’s side.

And he just sat with me; cuddled up to me in the hospital corridor; crying alongside me. My mum was everything to my dad- including me of course. Raven was knelt in front of me; clutching my hand, desperately trying to stop herself from crying. In the end; she couldn’t; and soon tears were pouring down her face too.

I told Raven should go home to see her parents; and she reluctantly left. I’d spent a few hours in the hospital room with my mum and dad; but things became too much. So I left to be in the waiting room for a little while. I’d cried for hours; and I prayed I’d be all cried out soon- but each new batch of tears was equally as strong as the last- and I felt sick and light-headed from losing so much water.

I heard the door open; but I didn’t look up. I kept my head down.

Jack Barakat:

“She needs someone there God damn it Alex!” I seethed angrily. Us two convinced the others that we should be the only two going back; so we drive back as quickly as humanely possible in Kara’s car; breaking a few speeding limits here and there. But it was worth it. She needed us.

But Alex; was persistent. One; he thought that Katerina would want to be by herself right now.

WRONG.

If anything; she wasn’t a fan of being alone- especially when she was distressed. It was honestly as if he didn’t know her at all. For a person who claims to be so in love with her- he doesn’t know her very well does he?

“No, she’d prefer to be by herself!” He shouted back agitatedly; and I shook my head.

“She’s not RAVEN Alex; she needs a shoulder to cry on!” I shot back; and his eyes widened in shock. It was rare for me to use the Raven card against him; but I was in too much of a frenzy to even consider how he would be feeling.

Kat needed someone.

“I’m not going. I know I’m right.” So, he stubbornly sat down on his couch and ignored me.

“Fine. I’ll go by myself.” And before he could protest Islammed his front door shut and stormed away.

The hospital always sent shivers down my spine. The last time I was here was when I thought I broke my arm when I was 5; I’d only bruised the bone or something, but it gave me the creeps so much that I refused to enter one for so long.

Until now.

But Kat needed me; and that’s all that mattered. So I ignored my fears and bravely stepped in. I stepped up to the receptionist; and she gave me directions to Mrs. Jacobs’s room. My heart sunk when I saw her lifeless body lying there; with Mr. Jacobs sobbing into her hand which he was clutching onto for dear life.

I knew Kat would have been in the waiting room.

So I pushed the door open; and there she was. She didn’t lift her gaze from the floor; so I cautiously made my way to her and sat beside her. I heard her sniff and sob; and before I could even comprehend what I was doing, my arms wrapped around her; bringing her into my lap without a second thought.

She looked me in the eyes; before burying herself into my chest; clutching hold of my shirt as the tears started drenching it.

But it was all worth it.

It was worth it because I knew that in some way; my presence comforted her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the temporary leave. See these chapters about my mom are true. Godd bless her heart. I honestly cried as I typed this. I don't what happened honestly, so I replaced it with a car accident. I hope where ever she is that she is okay.

My mom is a wonderful person. I know God is watching her and taking care of her. RIP