‹ Prequel: Fat Kat
Status: Finished.

Runaway Kat

Jack was There

Katerina Jacobs.

“Do you think everything happens for a reason?” I whispered; unable to cry anymore. Jack looked at me with a confused frown. “What?” He asked; raising an eyebrow.

“Like; my mum getting into an accident; which is like a punishment for me being so stupid?” I asked normally; and his eyes widened to the size of saucepans.

“Don’t you dare blame yourself for your mum’s accident! It was an accident and only an accident; nothing more. This isn’t fate playing games with you Kat; don’t think like that!” He scolded me; holding me tightly on the floor outside my mum’s hospital room.

I snuggled closer to him; relishing in the comfort he was offering me. He seemed to know I needed somebody with me. Alex apparently didn’t know according to Jack; which startled me. How did Alex not know?

I guess it was better to have one of them here instead of both; that would have been majorly awkward; and I can’t deal with that right now.

“Thank you.” I whispered; and Jack smiled slightly. “For what?” He asked. “For being here with me; after all that I’ve done to you. If I was you; I wouldn’t be here right now. I don’t deserve your kindness Jack.” I mumbled into him; and his arms tightened around you.

“I guess I deserve what you did. I guess we’ve cancelled each other out now. We’ve both got our revenge. I guess now we’ll just have to move past it all.” He said it as if it was the easiest thing in the world; but it really wasn’t.

Both boys loved me; how was that in anyway easy?

But I didn’t have time to think about it. My mum was dying; my problems came second when she was involved. But I couldn’t help but think how comforted I felt being in Jack’s arms right now. And where was Alex?

Nowhere to be found; believing I didn’t need a shoulder to cry on.

And that’s when I heard the heart monitor make one long noise. I jumped up; and looked at my dad screaming and crying; smashing the button summoning help. “NO!” I screamed; and Jack jumped up too. He looked in; and his face paled. I ran in; and stood beside her; Jack behind me.

I clutched her lifeless hand; and shook it.

“Mum please! Come on mum; you can do this! Please mum I love you; please don’t leave me!” I screamed, as the tears that I didn’t realise I had; fell down my face. “Kat...” Jack said quietly; but I ignored him. The nurses and doctors rushed in; and pushed us all outside. My dad cried and dashed outside; shrieking inappropriately; while Jack just held me.

I was silent; unable to comprehend my mum being wheeled out of her room; basically dead.

-

We were all in the waiting room; when the doctor walked in. I took one look at him sombre face, and knew immediately my mum hadn’t made it.

“I’m so sorry.” He said quietly; but I stopped listening. He told my dad about her fatal injuries; while I clung to Jack; unable to accept it.

My mum was dead.

My dad told me that he wasn’t going to be spending time home for a while as he thought it reminded him too much of mum; and he told me I was welcome to go home I needed to.

I healthily declined and told him I’d rather spend time in a cardboard box on the streets.

Jack offered me a place to stay; which was good enough.

So we drove to his flat. I’d never been in it before; I’d left before he’d bought he own place. So I stepped in feebly; and introduced myself to the new surroundings. “Sorry it’s messy; I haven’t been home since tour started ages ago.” He spoke apologetically.

“Jack; mess doesn’t bother me.” I chucked half-heartedly. He pulled me into the living room; and sat down, before pulling me onto his lap. He held me there; as I crawled into a small ball on him and let him just hold me there, letting the news just sink in.

My mum was really... Gone?

“Is there anything that I can do?” Jack whispered; and I shivered as his lips brushed my earlobe. He felt this; and tightened his grip even further. I looked up at him; his warm eyes lit up with a childish delight.

“Don’t leave me.” I whispered; our lips only a couple of inches away from each other.

“I will never let you go again.” He told me, his eyes slipping down to my lips.

He was teasing me; and in a way it was saving me from down into the black abyss of despair.

Jack was there; Jack said he’d never let me go again.

“Promise?” I whispered.

“I promise.” He replied quietly; before he closed the gap between us.

His lips never felt so good on mine; I felt high. I couldn’t remember him kissing me so passionately; even the revengeful kisses he gave me never felt so good.

We had something messed up; but this one moment felt so beautiful, I would have happily let everything else that had happened melt away.

He knew the consequences. He knew what had happened. He knew that today I was emotional and needed support; and this moment was all I needed.

And it kept getting better; as the kiss slowly and seductively evolved into something else.
♠ ♠ ♠
I dontl ike Jack, but I did this for Amor. I love you bbygirl.