You Know I'm No Good

The Leap

She stood trying to fathom what was unfolding before her eyes. Of course she had her suspicions but she never wanted to give in to those thoughts. Charlie came back just in time and he immediately saw Mr. Ollivander pointing his wand at the cornered Rose. It took a few seconds for him to react and the thought of Rose being threatened made him step up to save her especially when she looked like she was being tortured.

“What the bloody hell are you doing?!” Charlie snapped as he disarmed the old wand maker.

“Evil runs through her veins!”

Charlie ignored the old man and wrapped his arms around Rose’s shaking body. He was quick to take her back to the waterhole near the Burrow. When they arrived Rose fell onto her hands and knees her breaths were ragged. He attempted to sooth her by reaching out to touch her shoulder but she flinched at his touch. Rose got up onto her feet and she wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Rose what happened?”

“I have to leave.”

“You can‘t leave Rose,” Charlie counters suddenly realizing how much he just wanted her to stay.

“There is nothing but pain to be learned here. I don‘t want any more pain.”

“Just stay.”

“Why?!”

“Because I don‘t want you to leave,” he responds as he grabbed her by the hand. Rose had no time to react as he pulled her close to his body. She gazed up into his clear blue eyes and let out a sad sigh.

“You‘ll be better off forgetting me Charlie,” Rose mutters before she melted away. Turning into smoke she left Charlie to stand alone whilst she traveled back to the Burrow to gather her things. Entering the home she rushed upstairs to grab her suitcase but by the time she was about to leave the Burrow forever she heard a familiar voice. Anger bubbled up within her being and she stormed downstairs to meet the voice.

“Rose.”

“One wrong answer and I will guarantee that I will-”

“Rose please don‘t start with this.”

“Fuck off, I get to talk right now. You have been lying to me, not a little lie like saying I can sing well but a giant lie like I am just a normal muggle born witch! I just had a man try to kill me for what I am, I can‘t be here and wait for this country to rally to kill me or worse.”

“Remind me what‘s worse than your own death?”

“You know damn well what is worse Giles,” Rose growls.

“Rose calm down,” the older man says smoothly. Rose merely narrowed her eyes at him.

“No, you don‘t get to talk to me like you care! You don‘t care that I‘ve felt so out of place my whole life; that up until now I didn‘t understand why I actually felt something when Voldemort died. He looked at me like he knew me Giles, he looked at me before he died. I didn‘t even know the battle was occurring but I knew I had to be at that place at that very moment because there is a part of me that is connected to him. I‘m a monster.”

Before anyone could stop her, Rose disappeared. Molly Weasley looked at Giles Parker with wide eyes. She had pieced together the things Rose had said and she realized that the dark haired young woman was somehow related to the Dark Lord. It was such an obtuse idea to Molly. Rose was sweet and endearing with the ability to charm her family into accepting her as their own.

“Rose is in danger. There are forces out there that are out to assassinate her for who she is.”

“For her relations to the dark lord?”

“For other reasons you do not need to know. I trust that you will keep this to yourself Mrs. Weasley, Ambrosia doesn’t need anymore organizations coming after her, ” Giles states in a serious tone. Being that Giles couldn’t trust many people he quickly raised his wand to erase Molly Weasley’s memories of his visit.

Molly’s face went blank and her eyes glazed over whilst Giles disappeared from the Burrow without a trace of his visit. However what he didn’t notice was the fact Charlie Weasley had heard the entire exchange. Charlie rushed to his confused mother’s side immediately. His light blue eyes looked at her in a worried manner. Molly was unsure why her son was looking at her in such a way and she gave a questioning look.

“Mum she‘s gone,” Charlie explains.

“Ginny? Oh Merlin Charlie what happened?!”

“Ginny‘s fine Mum, its Rose, she‘s gone.”

“Charlie sweetheart, tell me what happened,” she responds trying to calm her distraught son. Charlie didn’t want to mention the name of the Dark Lord to his mother because he didn’t want anyone to know. It was too risky with Harry staying so often. Using Voldemort’s name even posthumously it was far too soon for such mentions. Considering the situation the whole thing could cause panic among the masses. Instead of telling his mother the truth he opted to leave in search for Rose barely mentioning that Rose was upset. It was the only way he could deal with the information and he couldn’t waste time when he needed to find Rose. Charlie Weasley couldn’t risk letting anything happen to her.

Rose found herself standing at the dangerously high cliff’s edge. It was pitch black with only the stars shone down on the desert area. Tears streamed down her face as she debated things she never thought she’d ever debate doing. Looking down it seemed so easy to do; looking down she couldn’t resist the appealing thought of ending it all before others were hurt. Closing her eyes, Rose inhaled the fresh air before leaping off the cliff.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its been a while and I had this update pretty much done for some time now but just forgot until someone recently commented on the story. So thank you for commenting my dear. Hopefully it was a good update.