Caleb

Two.

“Caleb, this is Ryan” Brendon said and Ryan merely rolled his eyes and walked off. I didn’t know what his problem was, but I was seriously getting annoyed by him.

“Sorry about that” Brendon apologized and then looked over my shoulder at my schedule.

“Why do you have gym?” He questioned, “That’s not right. Only the freshmen and hardcore jocks take gym here” I shrugged.

“Well sucks for you. I guess this is where we part ways” he tipped an imaginary hat to me and turned away, running off to catch up with Ryan. I watched him for a few more seconds than necessary and then turned around to be greeted by the cheerleading girl. I jumped, holding back the girlish squeal I had felt rise up in my chest.

“Hi! I’m Miley” She extended her hand and I tried not to look disgusted. It was obvious that she had a crush on me, but she just wasn’t “my type”. I considered myself bisexual, but she just wasn’t cutting it.

“I’m Caleb” I responded and tried to walk around her, but she blocked my way.

“Would you want to grab a smoothie after school?” She asked me, her smile wide and full of anticipation. I chewed on my bottom lip. I didn’t know how to say no and I didn’t want to hurt the girl’s feelings.

“Sure” I said and she squealed in excitement, causing me to flinch a bit.

“Sorry” She giggled. She pulled out a notebook and a pen, scribbled down her number and then skipped off.

“What have you gotten yourself into?” I asked myself as I made my way to the gym. I went into the boys locker room, trying not to look awkward or out of place. I took a seat on the bench as the other guys got dressed. I tried not to stare at their half naked bodies and was failing miserably. One of them sat down beside me. His hair was curly and his eyes made him look like his was squinting. He was fully clothed, thank god, but he was still really cute.

“Hey. You’re the new kid right?” He asked.

“Yep” I said unenthusiastically. He smiled a bit.

“I’m Nick” He said and took my hand to shake it. A curl fell in his eye and he tried to blow it away.

“And I’m Joe” someone behind me said. I jumped and turned to see a guy with spikey hair, but the same eyes as Nick’s behind me. I guessed they were brothers.

“Are you going to be on the football team?” Nick asked, snapping my attention back to him.

“No way” I responded instantly.

“Why not?” Nick asked.

“I triple dog dare you to try out” Joe added, sitting on the other side of me. I shook my head and stood up.

“Guy, just leave the dude alone” Someone else said. I looked up to see a boy with ice blue eyes and long brown hair. He was in the middle of putting his shirt back on, but didn’t seem to mind the attention.

“I doubt he could last even a day on the football team so don’t even bother trying to get him to join. We may be desperate for members, but we aren’t that desperate” He scoffed and rolled his eyes.

“but, Zac” Nick started, but I cut him off.

“Who says I can’t handle being on the football team? I damn well could” I crossed my arm across my chest and Zac merely laughed at me.

“Yea right! A shrimp like you? How much do you weigh? 90 pounds?” He laughed and some of the other boys in the locker room joined in. Joe was laughing and so Nick hit him upside the head.

“I’ll prove it!” I yelled over the laughter, causing it to stop abruptly. If I was going to be dealing with these idiots for the rest of the semester, I had to get in a good position with them all.

“Alright then. Tomorrow after school, come to practice” Zac smirked, “We’ll see if you can play with the big dogs” As if on cue, all the boys in the room started barking like dogs. I rolled my eyes.

“We will see” I said and walked out of the locker room, the sound of boys barking behind me and a heavy weight on my shoulders.

“Mistake number two” I mumbled to myself and prepared myself for number three.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment? Subscribe?