Next Chapter

We Are Here And We Are Finally Free

“Tell me again why are we heading to David’s house instead of the apartment.”, I grunted from the backseat of Amy’s car. My arms were wrapped across my chest as I leaned back onto the seat and looked out through the window. After getting everything sorted out with the show and said my goodbyes to the casts, including a sleepover with Erica, I officially moved back to sweet home Virginia.

The girls picked me up at the airport and told me that David was throwing a homecoming party for me. As we drove through the familiar streets and neighborhoods, it brought a smile to my face. Even though it was only a year, but I was really glad that I moved back here. This was where I belonged. The car stopped and I realized that we were already in David’s curb.

“Because.”, Amy sighed. “We really put a lot of effort for this party, Dare. When Cameron went over to L.A. for your press conference, we stayed back home to plan this.”

I rolled my eyes and got out from the car when Amy and Feranix did. There were a couple of other cars parked to one end of the curb to another and of course, Cameron’s car was parked on the driveway. It was still daylight but I could hear Ke$ha’s Your Love Is My Drug blasted out through the windows.

“Here she is!”, David suddenly opened the front door and ran out, skipped the steps, before tackling me into a hug. “Welcome back, Dare-bear!”

“Whoa.”, I chuckled as I stumbled back from David’s tackle. “Dare-bear? Is it like a nickname or something?”

“Uh-huh.”, he flashed his toothy smile after letting me go. “Come on! There are a lot of people inside!”, he took me by my hand and dragged me inside. Amy and Feranix just laughed before following us in.

David wasn’t lying. All of the bands that played their hometown show were there and more bands they’re friends with. Most eyes were fixed on me when I stepped in. Marshall came up to me from the living room and gave me an encouraging hug. Amy and Feranix quickly blended with the other guys and David left me alone, standing in the foyer awkwardly. Even though this was a party for me, I didn’t really know what to do.

Not wanting to be an idiot, I decided to go to the kitchen to grab a drink. The kitchen was empty since everyone was drunk dancing in the living room or stuffing their faces with hamburgers or hotdogs in the backyard. I took one of the empty red cups and poured some Dr. Pepper because I had no intention of getting drunk on lunchtime. I decided to go to the backyard because I saw Jared, Marshall, Wes and the other Wes outside, talking by the pool.

When I was on my way, I had my eyes on the floor and suddenly, I ran onto someone again. “Shit! I’m sorry!”, I quickly said and realized I spilled my drink on him because there was a red stain blossoming on his black and white stripes tank.

“If you don’t like my shirt, just say so.”, he chuckled. I looked up and saw Cameron’s face. “Well, hello, paley.”

I looked away and we just stood there in awkwardness, then, he cleared his throat. “Do you know that we’re standing on the exact spot and said the exact words from the first time we met again?”

My eyes widened and he smiled. “I-I… I didn’t realize.”, I stuttered.
“And you spilled your drink on me again.”, Cameron chuckled as he looked down to his stained tank top. “Is that like some sort of a hello for you?”

We laughed in unison and fell quiet. “I feel like I just time warped… to last year, the first time we reunited.”

“But last year, I haven’t realized.”, he huffed. “I haven’t realized that the girl I would love to spend the rest of my life with was the one who spilled her drink on me.”

I chuckled and placed my drink on the island top next to us. Suddenly, his hands cupped my face and it made me had to look into his ocean eyes. They were so deep and intense; I thought they were looking right into the very core of my soul. “I love you.”, he smiled before leaning down and pressed his lips on mine. It was really different from all the kiss we’ve shared, like literally different.

There were no pressure, no drama, no guilt, no nothing, except for the tingles and electricity jolt from my lips and went throughout my body, not forgetting the fireworks image I had in my mind. It was perfect. “Ditto.”, I giggled when we pulled away.

“Come on, I have something to show you.”, Cameron said before taking my hand and leading me out to the backyard. There was actually a little stage with a karaoke machine on it. Wes and JC were singing Aqua’s Barbie Girl for some reason. We watched them singing in girly high voices and made up some girly motions that made all of us that were out in the backyard laughed. When they were done, Cameron quickly got up on stage and took the microphone.

“So, I’m just gonna go on sing a song that I would love my future wife to listen carefully, because… this song is for you, Dare.”, he stated before he chose the song and the music started to play through the medium size speaker.

I never knew there'd come a day
When I'd be sayin’ to you
Don't let this good love slip away
Now that we know that its true
Don't, Don't you know the kind of man I am
No, said I'd never fall in love again
But its real
And the feeling comes shinin’ through
”, Cameron sang and received some wolf whistles from his friends in who were the audience. My cheeks were burning and Marshall had to bump his shoulders to mine, but because he was taller than me, he bumped me on the upper arm instead.

I'm so caught up in you
Little girl
And I never did suspect a thing
So caught up in you
Little girl
That I never wanna get myself free
And baby its true
You're the one
Who caught me, baby you taught me
How good it could be
”, he sang the chorus and pointed to me in the ‘so caught up in you’ part.

It took so long to change my mind
I thought that love was a game
I played around enough to find
No two are ever the same
You made me realize the love I'd missed
So hot, love I couldn't quite resist
When its right, the light just comes shinin’ through

I'm so caught up in you
Little girl
And I never did suspect a thing
So caught up in you
Little girl
That I never wanna get myself free
And baby its true
You're the one
Who caught me, baby you taught me
How good it could be

Fill your days and your nights
No need to ever ask me twice
oh no
Whenever you want me
And if ever, comes a day
When you should turn and walk away
Oh no
I can't live without you
”, he stepped off from the stage while singing and walked towards me before taking my hand and twirled me around like we were dancing. I laughed and Cameron snaked his hand around my waist and held me close as he continued singing the last part of the song.

I'm so caught up in you

And if ever comes a day
When you should turn and walk away
Oh no
I can't live with out you
”, he ended the song and his friends were either cheering or wolf whistling. “I can’t live without you, Dareen Turner.”

“Well, then that means we have to stick together, huh?”, I grinned before leaning up and gave him a kiss. It was a beginning for our forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
IT IS OVAAAAHHHHH! Now, I'm feeling like Lia; sad to see this story ended. Honestly, I really like Dareen, Amy and Feranix more than i liked Katy, Serena and Audrey (Katy's Summer/Dear Katy). Dareen the neurotic hot mess, Amy the mother of the group, and Feranix the spunky skater girl type :) And their last names accidentally ended up as TDF (Turner, Devandra, Falcon).
In anyways, i wanna thank everyone who commented/subscribed to this story even though it wasn't that hyped as the prequel, haha, and there are SPIN-OFFS about Amy and Feranix, but i don't know i would post them or not. I just email them to Lia and Fira for now.
comments for the last time?
<3