Next Chapter

I've Got The Worst Hangover From you

Through out the dinner, I always kept my eyes to my food or just talk with Amy or Feranix, even David liked to butt in now and then. We were sitting across from each other but none of us wanted to start a conversation or just say something to each other. He was eating his food slowly and being quiet; not his usual self. From what I caught, David and Eric gave him a hard time earlier, which made me glared at David a bit after he told me what he and Eric did.

“I’m done. I’m gonna wash my hands.”, I announced to the table as I stood up. None of them finished theirs yet, so I sauntered off alone to the sinks. While I was washing my hands, I kept my eyes down to the basin, so I didn’t see who was coming from behind me. When I looked up, I saw Cameron was standing behind me.

Probably he was gonna wash his hands too, so I dried mine and turned around to walk back to the table, but instead, he pulled me aside and out from the side door of Chipotle. “What the hell?!”, I grunted as I shook his hand off my wrist.

“I need to talk to you.”, he said coldly.

“Well, if you asked me nicely, I would, not pulling me out!”, I hissed back. “What do you want to talk about, anyway?!”

He stayed there, kept himself quiet. We got into a staring contest until I blinked and looked away. It was so hard to look into his ocean eyes; they were too intense and brought me back to a year ago where I could look into them without the pressure. “I saw you with that guy…”

“What guy? Parker?”, I asked and narrowed my eyes. “Parker is my co-star, Cam.”

“Whatever.”, he muttered. When I realized what he just said, my eyes widened. Never ever I thought Cam would say ‘whatever’ to me. “From now on, I’m gonna stop hoping you’d feel the same like you did last year. I’m gonna stop chasing you around. I’ve been chasing and hoping for a year and yet, you thought I was having fun. If you wanted the ugly truth, Eric and David lied to you about the song!”

My legs felt numb all of the sudden and coldness crept from my feet up to my thighs. What did he mean by Eric and David lied? Could it be… “What… What do you mean they lied?”

“The song is for you.”, Cameron stated with cold eyes. “I know what song I’m talking about.”

By that, my heart sunk. Cameron walked past me, going back into Chipotle. I stepped back until my calves bumped onto a bench that I fell back onto. Even though it was only a song, it hurts. Every time I heard that song, it stung to hear the lyrics. If only I could tell him how I really felt tonight, there wouldn’t be anymore drama, but, it seems like he was the one who didn’t want me anymore.

“Dareen?”, Feranix’s voice was heard. I sucked up all the air around me to prevent the tears to fall and put on my best fake smile before looking over to her. “Are you okay?”

I nodded slightly. “Yea, I’m fine.”, I said quietly, not wanting to let out the crack in my voice.

She looked at me for a minute before sitting down next to me. “We saw you went out with Cameron and he came back without you. What did you guys talk about?”

“Nothing. He just asked about Parker.”
“Are you sure?”, she asked again with her eyes narrowed. It was obvious that Feranix was being her suspicious self, but I didn’t want her and Amy to kill Cameron.

“I’m sure. Feranix, please stop pushing me.”, I groaned.

Feranix sighed. “Fine.”
***************
I leaned back onto my chair before blowing raspberries at the current design I was working on. The sun was high behind me and the warm rays went through the wide windows. Because of what happened last night, I didn’t really get a lot of sleep because what Cam said to me stayed in my mind, like they were haunting me.

His voice echoed too, when he told me that David and Eric lied to be exact. Amy and Feranix had been texting me to ask me if I was okay but I could only reply to them by saying I was. I didn’t have any shooting schedule for today, probably just a quick shoot when I would be having lunch with Parker.

Then, I remembered how Cameron asked about Parker. Did he seriously think Parker was someone to me? Well, he was my friend and we co-starred the show together, but that was it. Shush! And every tabloid I knew covered about how Parker and I would look good together and suspected that we were together ever since the show started, but if they did watch the show, we didn’t even have too much scenes together.

“Dareen.”, Rose popped her head from the cracked of the door. “I just got a call from Bobby and he said you need to go down to the restaurant now for the shoot.”

Rose was one of the shop attendants in the boutique I worked in now. She was like the replacement for Hillary back in Virginia, but she wasn’t that special like Hillary did. “Okay. Thanks, Rose.”, I smiled before standing up and gathering all my things. When I was done, I walked out from the boutique through the back door that went straight to the parking lot to avoid some paparazzi. The parking lot was clear and empty, so I rushed into my car and turned on the ignition before stomping on the gas pedal and sped out.

The drive to the restaurant wasn’t that far and when I got there, I saw an MTV van, which I guessed the crews used to get there. I parked my car at the end of the lot and walked into the restaurant with a quick pace. Bobby was already waiting for me besides the maitre d booth. “In time, as always.”, he grinned.

“Hey, Bobby.”, I chuckled and he led me to a table outside with crews surrounding that table. Parker was talking to his manager when I walked in. He noticed me and waved to me, and I had to wave back. The make up artist came up to me and did some touch up on my face, even though I didn’t really want to get powdered too much.

“Where were you last night, Dare?”, Bobby asked as he sat down on one of the chairs near me. “I thought we’re gonna IM.”

“Sorry, Bob.”, I pouted playfully. “Went out to dinner with Feranix, Amy and the rest of the gang.”, I had to say ‘the rest of the gang’ because I didn’t want anyone to know that I was friends with The Downtown Fiction. Any of these people, except for Bobby, could send it as tips for Shush! Or Perez Hilton, and I would be a dead meat.

“You missed them, huh?”, Bobby rested his head on his hand with his elbow propped on the table he was sitting at.

I nodded while getting powdered. “Yeah. I hope I could go back to Virginia for Christmas. Mom’s gonna be there too.”

“I could work that out for you, Darey.”, he chuckled and I was done getting touched up. The director, Logan, told me that they were ready for the shot. I nodded and went over to the table where Parker was already sitting across from my seat. A waiter came and pulled the chair back for me.

“Well, hi.”, Parker grinned when I sat down. He was acting that I just came, so I knew that the camera was already rolling. “How was your day so far?”

I shrugged after putting the napkin on my lap. “Same as always. How about you? How’s work?”, I asked. Parker worked as a photographer in Rolling Stone. It was a huge deal and I even amazed at his job when we first met.

“I just found out that I get to shoot for Slash this weekend!”, he exclaimed with a wider grin after getting the menu from the waiter.

“That’s amazing, Park!”, I gasped and then smiled. “You’re on your way.”

We laughed a bit and ordered our food. When the waiter walked away, we talked a bit about our fall plans and even our plans for winter. Parker told me that he would probably go to Canada on winter to go skiing and asked me if I wanted to join him. “Canada sounded… awesome, but I’m going back to Virginia for Christmas. Sorry.”, I peeped.

“No worries.”, he laughed. “Anyway, the girls you were with last night at Chipotle… they’re your friend from home?”

My eyes widened. Did he really want to talk about what happened last night on camera? “Uhm… yeah. They’re my friends since college.”

“And I saw those guys in the band that played in the party… Are you friends with them?”, Parker asked again when the waiter placed our foods in front of us. Did I need to answer his question? What would I say? Suddenly, my phone that I placed on the table vibrated, signaling there was a text. I opened it and it was from Mariott.

‘Answer Parker’s question!’

I swallowed the lump in my throat and I looked over to Parker. His eyes were obviously feeling guilty and I could see him mouthing a bit ‘Sorry’ even though he didn’t even move his lips. “Well… two of them are my friends’ boyfriends, so… they invited me to dinner. That was all.”, I answered. I could imagine Bobby exhaling in relief on my answer.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry i didn't update this daily! I still had a bit of a writer's block, like, I didn't really know what to write on each chapter, but I'm working on it! So yeah, Cameron's gonna start being a jerk to Dareen because he was jealous of Parker :)
anyway, comment/subscribe?
<3