Next Chapter

Think About Me When You're With Him That Night

Summer was over and the season had changed, even now, it was already the end of October. When I got out from the house, cold wind quickly gushed through me and I hugged myself before rushing to my car. Erica needed me to come to her place, helping her to choose her dress for tonight’s half of the season’s finale party. None of the cast would be in L.A. through out winter and Victor thought it would be useless to try to shoot for a new episode, so it would just be a re-run of the previous episodes through winter.

I drove out from the driveway and onto the streets. It was only 8 AM, so the street wasn’t crowded yet. When I turned on the radio, their song was playing and I quickly turned it back off before groaning softly in frustration. Ever since Cameron told me the whole ugly truth, I tried my best to not listen to the radio or avoid MTV in any circumstances, except when I had to see the show. I decided to just connect my iPod to the radio and played some Katy Perry instead.

It had been a month since I’ve tried to contact him, but it was no use. None of my calls made it through the voicemail and I didn’t think he even checked his voicemail. Amy and Feranix kept on telling me to try and call him, but it didn’t do anything. From the last time I heard, they already went overseas and it made me proud of them, but I wished I could say it straight in person. Well, I said it to David and Eric, even Wes, and I told them to not tell Cameron about it. He could flip out on them.

When I was only 30 minutes away from Erica’s place, I stopped at a red light and waited for it to turn green. In the mean time, I took my phone and replied Amy’s text about our plans on Halloween because I decided to come home earlier than my original plan. My eyes were focused on the screen when suddenly, the car behind me honked. I had to jump in my seat a bit out of surprise but when I looked over to the lights, it was still red. What was their problem?

My eyes glanced at the rear view mirror and realized it was a black SUV with darkly tinted windows. It wasn’t a weird thing in Los Angeles, though. When I was about to look back again, they bumped onto my car a bit. “Hey!”, I exclaimed. The car continuously bumped onto the back bumper of my car when I realized it was a car full of paparazzi.

When the lights turned green, I stepped on my gas pedal, lurching forward. Thank God that the street wasn’t that crowded so I sped up but I was stuck in another traffic lights. I groaned and looked back, seeing the car was right behind me again. That was when my phone suddenly rang and I glanced at the screen, which was showing a picture of Parker and I as the caller ID. “Park?”, I asked quickly after tapping ‘Answer’.

“Hey, Dare. I was looking out from the window of my apartment and is that your car down the traffic lights? Not being creepy, but just wanted to ask—“

“Help me!”, I interrupted him. Because of the paparazzi, I didn’t realize Parker’s penthouse building was right next to the current red lights I was in. “The black SUV behind me is filled with paparazzi! You gotta help me, Parker!”

“Whoa, okay.”, he paused for a second. “Go right to the back of the building and there’ll be a private inside parking lot, I’ll text you the security code and you can stay in my place for a while, at least until they leave.”

“Okay, thanks a lot.”, I grinned and hung up. When the lights turned green, I followed Parker’s instruction. The car followed me to the back of the building but when I saw the panel for the security code, I rolled my window down a bit to push the numbers and when the gate was open, I sped in and mercifully, the gate quickly closed right before their car could get in too.

I parked next to Parker’s BMW and got out, walking towards the elevators that would get me straight to his top floor penthouse. When the elevator doors slid open, Parker was nowhere in sight. I stepped out and walked to the living room, finding him in the kitchen. “Hey.”, I smiled.

“Oh, hey.”, he grinned back. “You made it in one piece. Thought those paparazzi would tear you to pieces.”, he joked as he handed me a warm mug that was filled with warm milk. “I know you needed this.”

“Thanks.”, I rolled my eyes playfully and plopped down onto his sofa. Erica and I had been here a couple times when we decided to hang out the three of us because believe it or not, Parker had a full collection of board games and he was the only one between us three that had an Xbox.

He sat down next to me with a mug of coffee and handed me the remote of the TV, telling me to change the channel to whatever. I scrolled on the list of the channels on the right side of the screen and stopped on Nickelodeon. The Fairly Odd Parents was on and Parker started to make jokes. He even impersonate Timmy’s dad when he said ‘Dinkleberg’, complete with the eyes.

It was around lunchtime when my eyes fluttered and realized that I fell asleep on his shoulder. Parker was watching something on AXN when I woke up and he smiled down to me. “Morning, sleeping beauty.”

I stuck my tongue out playfully and took my phone off the coffee table. There were a lot of missed calls from Erica and texts like “Where are you? : (“ even “DID YOU GET ABDUCTED BY ALIENS?!” kind of one. I giggled before texting her back, saying that I was at Parker’s and explained what happened to me this morning.

“I think Erica will hate you for keeping me here.”, I laughed over to Parker. He was still wearing his basketball shorts and grey v-neck, that honestly made my eyes lingered on him for a bit.

Parker looked over to me and somehow, his grey eyes were so captivating at the moment. I never ever noticed that in my whole time knowing him. “I saved you.”, he chuckled. “What were you gonna do with Erica, though?”

“Well, she asked me to help her choose a dress for the party tonight.”, I shrugged my shoulder and leaned back onto the sofa again.

“Shit.”, he breathed. “I completely forgot about the party.”

“That’s a usual thing for guys.”, I giggled.

“How about you? Don’t you have a… dress fitting or hair appointment to go to?”

I narrowed my eyes at him and pouted. “Are you kicking me out?”

His eyes widened and he stuttered a bit. “N-No. I mean, you’re a girl, and you know, girls take a lot of time to get ready for a—“, he was interrupted by my laughter. Parker cocked a brow at me and confused by my antic.

“Oh god, Park, you’re so cute when you’re panicked.”, I kept on laughing until Parker’s hands were on my hips, tickling me. I yelped and told him to stop but he didn’t stop. “Parker! I’m ticklish!”

“That’s why I’m doing this!”, he laughed deviously and I had to lie down while kicking my legs to random directions, hopefully it could kick Parker off of me. I didn’t realize he was on top of me until we stopped and just looked at each other. “Dare…”

I was about to say something but Parker leaned down and did the most unbelievable thing; he kissed me. I went with it and kissed him back, even slipping my fingers into his hair. Our lips moved in sync and when he skimmed my bottom lip with his tongue, I let him in. It was pretty wrong because somehow, I still had Cameron in my mind while it happened.
♠ ♠ ♠
No Cameron, just an inside look of what will happen next and well, a new conflict begins, haha. I think this story will be as long like the prequel, around 17-18 chapters, but that's just a prediction. Let's just see if I have a new idea for the story.
comment/subscribe?
<3