Status: I wrote this when I was in seventh grade. Look away.

Far From Home

Accidental Flashing.

We talked and talked, and finally composed a plan. They had only a few shows left, and then they went back home, to Los Angelas, for a few months. We decided that they would take the route that ran through northern Nevada, and I would catch a bus, or maybe a train, or possibly a cab, back home. You could tell they weren’t good with planning.

The tense mood that once hung in the air was gone, and now the guys sat back and relaxed, an hour to kill before they arrived in St. Louis. The room grew silent and awkward for a while. “So…when can I hear a song? I want to know if this “Hollywood Undead” is any good or not,” I finally said. The guys looked at each other for a moment, then Dylan gave Danny a sly nod and a grin.

He pulled a cell phone out of his pocket and tapped at the screen, and a loud tone filled the air. “Gangsta…. Gangsta… So gangsta….-” “Gangsta Sexy!” I exclaimed, remembering the title Bailey and commanded me to search. “Hey, I thought you haven’t heard of us,” Matt said with an awkward smile. “This is the song my friend wanted me to search, and I really wish I would have, I like it. Who’s this singing?” I asked, tuning the music back in.

Danny pointed at himself. “Ohh, well you’re very good at singing Danny. Now who’s rapping?” “That grouch over there,” Matt said, pointing toward Jordon. “Shut the fuck up faggot!” Jordon barked back. “Hey, be nice! You’re mean, Jordon!” He looked me in the eye for a moment with a look that could have been an apology, then turned and stared out the window.

“Sorry, he’s not too fond of you being here,” Matt shrugged, having difficulty saying the bare truth. I understood Jordon’s feelings though, I was just some girl off the street. If only I knew him better, I could find a way to please him.

My rear fell asleep and I shifted to get the feeling back into it, my coat shedding small bits of mud and grass everywhere. “This damn jacket!” I shrieked, standing up and yanking it off.

All the boys stared at me with wide eyes. I questioned whether I should look down or not. I chose to do so. My tank top had gotten torn up a little, my chest being a little more exposed than necessary. I howled in embarrassment and clenched the dirty jacket to myself.

I looked over at Dylan, and I could immediately tell what was happening in his mind. Sicko. Jordon, Jorel and George didn’t seem to pay much attention. I turned around and found Matt curious as to what everyone was smiling at, since my back was to him, and Danny, covering his eyes like a gentleman.

“Uhm. Erm. Did you guys find a bag…with me.” I was so stunned, I couldn’t help but stutter. “Oh yeah, I meant to give you that earlier,” Matt said, standing and walking down the hallway with the bunks. He returned with my backpack, still in good condition. I took it from him and shuffled down the hall, locking myself in the bathroom.

I looked in the mirror, finally able to see myself in full lighting. The bruise covering my cheek was still dark and sore, but applying powder seemed to help the appearance. It was next to impossible to brush my nappy, mud caked hair, but I tried my best. I decided I would wait until I was somewhere more spacious to shower, so I changed out of my disgusting clothes and slid into fresh under clothes, a T-Shirt, and some blue jeans.

I departed the bathroom feeling fresh as ever, as well as somewhat satisfied after eating a stale Twinkie. As a joke, I tossed the box of Twinkies to Dylan, expecting him to spit the stale pastry out in disgust, but instead, he ate it with delight.

“You’re the first chick I’ve ever seen that can make jeans and a T-shirt look hella sexy,” Dylan remarked. “Oh hush,” I said, pretending to be flattered. Jorel saw through my pretending and laughed, “I don’t think she’s interested D. You’re putting it on too thick.” “Too thick? The only thing that’s too thick is my-” I shot him the evil eye and he raised his hands in playful surrender.

Outside the window, we passed a sign saying we had entered the downtown St. Louis area. “So, what’s going to happen tonight?” I asked, tossing my bag into the bunk I had fallen from this morning. “Well,” Danny said, “we’re going to rock St. Louis like there’s no tomorrow, and you’re going to relax backstage and watch it all happen."
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments? Spare comments? no?