Status: I wrote this when I was in seventh grade. Look away.

Far From Home

Bromance and Romance

“Theresa! How you been? How’s my little Scarley?” Dylan chimed as we stepped onto the bus. “I’ve been great, D, and she’s doing well too. She’s starting to crawl, you know,” Theresa said in a welcoming tone, but in a way that made a person think she’d been in the band this whole time.

She went around, hugging everyone, as I passed Scarlet on to George. “Reminds me of my little Ava,” he said with a grin the size of Canada, cradling her in his arms. That fatherly look of love in his eyes told me everything, but stuidly I asked, “Hold up! Who dat?” “Who, Ava? My daughter… duh Jesslynn,” he said in a mocking tone, rolling his eyes

“Oh, I’m soo sorry that I’m not up to date with your personal life,” I mimicked, poking my tongue out at him. He smiled at me, then drifted to the other side of the bus, rocking Scarlet gently. Over the last few days, I’d grown to admire George. He seemed to be the most fatherly figured, aside from Danny; his size would scare off any boys that would do his child harm, but he was such a sweetheart. Ava would be one lucky girl.

Matt then approached me from his spot on the couch. “You look nice today,” he blushed, staring away at the rest of the group, huddled on the other side of the living space laughing with the visitors. “Thanks Matty,” I said, not feeling the same tension he may have been feeling. I planted a kiss on his cheek and he smiled, running a hand through my hair.

“Well, well, well, what do we have here?” Dylan said, sashaying toward Matt and I. “Nothing, just some friendly conversation,” I said, rolling my eyes. “Yeah, sure, I saw what just happened. We gonna have another situation tonight?” Dylan laughed. Matt and I both gave him stank faces.

Ever since that night, no one in the band- or the three guys who had witnessed it, anyway - had let us live it down. I had to admit, it got a bit on my nerves sometimes; however, Matt took it seriously. Anytime it was brought up, his cheeks would turn red, and he looked upset with himself, more than the others.

“That’s so funny, Dylan. I’m dying of laugher,” Matt snarled. “Hey, calm down. Dylan, seriously, you’re upsetting him. It was just a slip of judgment, don’t bug him about it so much,” I said. His face turned regretful, and he turned to Matt. “I’m sorry bud,” he said, as they bro hugged.

Happy I had solved the problem, I turned to look for Danny or Theresa, but they weren’t in the room. I already knew where they were.